Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: if you're a figure skater, what would you be?

Custom Title
    What an intriguing idea for a thread! I'm quite taken with the idea of being an ice dancer. I wouldn't mind having Alissa Czisny's smile, but I want curly hair. I''d love to be largely responsible for the music. And I think Zoueva would be my choreographer. My partner? I haven't finished daydreaming this up yet.

Custom Title
    I would be Stephane Lambiel. Which would be weird since I'm female. But I've always admired his grace on the ice, his spins, his interpretation of music, and he's damn cute!

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    What an intriguing idea for a thread! I'm quite taken with the idea of being an ice dancer. I wouldn't mind having Alissa Czisny's smile, but I want curly hair. I''d love to be largely responsible for the music. And I think Zoueva would be my choreographer. My partner? I haven't finished daydreaming this up yet.
    I'd be a better looking six foot version cross between Victor Petrenko and Mark Mitchell. Throw in Jeff Buttle too. I'd have Tech and PCS. David Wilson as choreographer, or I would do my own choreo. Coach would obviously be Mr. Nicks, maybe Frank Carroll.

Though I could see myself partnering with Meryl Davis... Was it me or did Charlie look kind of puffy and not really in Olympian shape? He didn't read "Olympic Champion" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by redfiretrees View Post
    Hahaha. Sorry I'm not that familiar as much with the male figure skaters. But I do know that Max used to be a hockey player and is also criticized for his lack of artistry but I didn't know that he had a problems with his nerves.
    OT: I don't think Max has a problem with nerves. I think his errors at the beginning of the season was him taking on too much -- he was trying to up his second mark while trying to up his technical arsenal at the same time. I think now that Max is back to manageable content, we'll see some of the consistency we saw last season.

To answer the question:
    I like to be a singles skater with the sass and huge jumps of Mae Bernice Meite, have the choreographic detail, fluidity and flexibility of Jason Brown and skate with reckless abandon and freedom like Yuzuru Hanyu. Can all those co-exist?

County: It would be fun to represent Vietnam to honor my roots.

Choreography: Rohene Ward and Jeffery Buttle

Coach: Kori Ade. Happy International Women's Day!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post

County: It would be fun to represent Vietnam to honor my roots.
    oh that's why I like you so much...I'm also half Vietnamese. LoL.

Custom Title
    I would be Alissa C with Yuna's nerves of steel & her quality jumps, skating blissfully to choreography by Lori N (LP); and then, just to show off my versatility & sense of fun, skating my SP to choreo by Rohene W. My coach would be Frank Carroll (to keep me in line once my gorgeous, statuesque AC self becomes known & adored all over the universe ;>) I shall also never, ever, skate to country or country/western music!

I would be a single skater. Yuna and Gracie’s jumps, Mao’s enthusiasm and energy (and 3A), Lambiel’s spins, Denis Ten’s interpretation, Yuzuru’s innocence and apparent fragility, Tessa Virtue's face, Nathalie Pechalat's body. (i don't dream too far )
    Coach: Brian Orser
    Choreography: Lori Nichol and Jeffery Buttle
    Music: Requiem for a dream, Waltz Masquerade and lots of rock songs (from Metallica to Evanescence and Within Temptation). Something original for the gala…maybe Star wars soundtrack.

Custom Title
    Caryn Kadavy. I would not have stayed in the olympic village, so I would not have gotten the flu. I always felt so bad for her. She would have metaled for sure. Love her skating.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Female probably singles skater. I could not withstand the pressure of possibly letting partner down with my mistakes.
    Coach---hmm who knows? I'm fairly disciplined, so I wouldn't need a taskmaster. Southern California would be a good location.
    Body type---Sasha like, I'm already short, can't imagine being taller.
    Music style---I like the classical warhorses, I can't help myself. Prefer more powerful pieces over soft and lyrical.
    Costumes---Clean lines, rich jewel tones and lots of sparkle. Bun on the back of my head, not sitting on the top looking like a breakfast sweetroll.
    Fantasy program---Lawrence of Arabia with a sleeveless version of this dress:
    http://www.taniabass.com/product/sarah-hughes-11/
    Country---Thailand!!! They could use someone, and it's not a shabby place to spend some time.

Etc: I've done some adult skating, so I know I'm a jumper, not a spinner and I'd probably need some heavy duty anxiety pills to get the job done.

Custom Title
    I used to throw my baby cousins into the air, catch them after forcing them to jump down from upstairs, grab by one or two arms or legs & swing them around. I've broken my teeth and nosebled many times too, spanked a lot, but never feared. That makes me a male pair skater, right? My mom likes pairs exhibitions, so that would've worked... if I was born one.

Custom Title
    I forgot to choose a country! Someplace with beautiful villages and castles. Liechtenstein, maybe. They haven't had a champion skater in awhile (ever?), and my partner and I would be a great asset to them. (Because we'd be so good, that's why....) Do you think they ever import mangoes into Liechtenstein? Ah, well, at least I know I'd have access to a lot of good chocolate from surrounding countries. My training diet would be secure.

ETA:
    I've decided that if I get to choose what I look like, I want to look like Angie Harmon, one of the stars of Rizzoli and Isles. She's an ex-model so she's probably too tall to be a skater, but I'll just take her face as my own. Since my (impossible) choices are unlimited! I hope I won't become vain as a result of being so beautiful.

Hic Rhodus, hic salta
    I would be Alexei Yagudin: I admire him, but the only thing we have in common is congenital hip dysplasia. Besides, I'm female.
    I'm short and (used to be) petite, I'm trustful and I used to perform lifts with my brother as a child, so maybe I could have been a pair skater. I'd love to be coached by Tamara Moskvina.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperinflation View Post
    everything about michelle kwan except with the consistency of yuna kim

i could probably take over the world and make everyone genuflect whenever they talk to me
    I would say Michelle was actually the much more consistent skater, over a much longer period of time. Yuna only skated cleanly at 3 major championships: 2010 Olympics, 2013 worlds, 2014 Olympics. Michelle had a far higher number of clean programs throughout her career than Yuna did.

What would I be?
    1. Laughed at
    2. Very sore
    3. constant visitor to the ER

Who would I like to be?
    Scott Hamilton in his pro carrerr
    Chris who hates competition and stress

Custom Title
    I would love to be Ekaterina Gordeeva, she was so good in her couple with Sergei and also so light on the ice, a very nice look, she always look fragile and she matured into a woman quite late but her skating was so beautiful, gorgious, spectacular and then again to be able to skate alone again ok not with the big jumps but she was something to look at when skating alone, she was like a balarina on ice with soft movement and the best program for me was "VOCALISE" she was stunning in it....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast