Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Agnes & Mirai

Rinkside

Agnes & Mirai

What is going on with their Twitter love-fest? Any idea why they are spending so much time together? Does this mean Mirai is in Colorado now?

I heard somewhere here that Mirai's currently training in Colorado for the time being. So I'm not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
    What is going on with their Twitter love-fest? Any idea why they are spending so much time together? Does this mean Mirai is in Colorado now?
    I was wondering about the same thing. And Snoopy15, thanks for the info.
    Anyway it's cute they are together, isn't it? I wish both skaters all the best in near future, and would love to see good skating from them.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy15 View Post
    I heard somewhere here that Mirai's currently training in Colorado for the time being. So I'm not surprised.
    Don't know what exactly Snoopy read or where, but I feel that I should offer the following disclaimer:
    Based on the recent tweeting of Nagasu and Zawadzki, I had noted earlier in another thread that Nagasu apparently has been in Colorado since last week. I surmised that Nagasu must be training there at the moment -- although I have no other evidence.
    Anyway, the friendship between the two young ladies is nothing new. They have been known to send affectionate tweets back and forth when geographically separated as well.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    How nice to see such a fun and supportive friendship. If Mirai is "testing the waters" in Colorado springs, I really hope it works out for her. A total overhaul could do her well, and the support and friendly competition coming from a pal can only be a good thing.

Still shipping for Kori Ade to be her coach...and really since she's in Colorado already...

Custom Title
    She's been training with tom zakrajec and Becky Calvin.

I don't think she has decided whether she wants to train in japan or Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    She's been training with tom zakrajec and Becky Calvin.

I don't think she has decided whether she wants to train in japan or Colorado.
    Thx for the Nagasu update, sk8ingcoach.

Can you tell us anything about Zawadzki's plans for the future? Will she continue to compete, and will she stick with Tom Z and BC?

Custom Title
    I follow both girls on Twitter so I have been witnessing their exchanges since the beginning of the season. I personally think it's great that skaters competing in the same discipline at the elite level for the same country can be good friends outside of competition. It doesn't hurt either that they're two of my favorite current ladies skaters in the U.S. When was the last time two skaters from the U.S. directly competed against each other and were also chums? Mirai and Caroline Zhang also come to mind...

Quote Originally Posted by lilshorty View Post
    I follow both girls on Twitter so I have been witnessing their exchanges since the beginning of the season. I personally think it's great that skaters competing in the same discipline at the elite level for the same country can be good friends outside of competition. It doesn't hurt either that they're two of my favorite current ladies skaters in the U.S. When was the last time two skaters from the U.S. directly competed against each other and were also chums? Mirai and Caroline Zhang also come to mind...
    Another example: Zawadzki and Wagner also seem to feel very sisterly toward each other.

I too always love expressions of camaraderie btwn/among any competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
    It's almost like you're thinking they're a couple, i can tell you there's nothing going on though

I wish Mirai would train with Brian Orser. I think he's got the goods to make her a strong competitor and polish her weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by jcsamex View Post
    I wish Mirai would train with Brian Orser. I think he's got the goods to make her a strong competitor and polish her weaknesses.
    Yeah, but by the example of Elene, I'm not sure if Mirai can feel at home in Canada being far away from her home. Maybe Christine Krall? She needs somebody very supportive. It was nice to see Mr. Mura next to her.

http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/archi...SA%20Krall.htm

Custom Title
    I wonder what about Charlene Wong or did she go to her before? I think Mirai might do quite well with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I wonder what about Charlene Wong or did she go to her before? I think Mirai might do quite well with her.
    Charlene Wong was one of her previous coaches. She coached her from 2006 to 2009 when she went to Frank Carroll.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 03-11-2014 at 01:42 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast