2014 Worlds Junior Pairs - Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Junior Pairs - Short Program

This is really depressing, 16 entries and two pages for Junior Pairs???

Even for my psycho-skating-fan level of following skating, the first two groups kinda made me lose my will to live. ;)

But yeah there ain't no love for Pairs, especially Junior ones.

KKonas

Medalist
Jr. Pairs Judges Panel (Sorry so late - errand day.)
Hebel-Szmak - POL
Shean - USA
Nordback - SWE
Kliushnikov - UKR
Prins - NED
Waldeck - GER
Chen - CHN
Kozhemiakina - RUS
Jensen - NOR

zamboni step

Final Flight
Even for my psycho-skating-fan level of following skating, the first two groups kinda made me lose my will to live. ;)

But yeah there ain't no love for Pairs, especially Junior ones.

Thought I'd let you know your inbox is full, no room for new messages, i haven't been grievously offended by controversial opinions you have. ;)

It's sad, there's 42 entries for ladies, whilst that's my favourite discipline it grows tiresome seeing only singles getting the love.

tana

Match Penalty
If there's a Pairs couple like G&G, Protopopovs, Shen/Zhao, or even Pang/Tong, I'd swiftly switch to the Pairs on this very day. But, the truth is there's no one that grabs my interest in the Pairs right now other than S/S who are retiring very soon.

Thought I'd let you know your inbox is full, no room for new messages, i haven't been grievously offended by controversial opinions you have. ;)

It's sad, there's 42 entries for ladies, whilst that's my favourite discipline it grows tiresome seeing only singles getting the love.

Oh damn, I had no idea, thanks for the heads up. :p

And oh damn, I didn't manage to grievously offend. ;(

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Her in particular. It's Zhang Kexin's level of non-performance.

Yu is still much better than Zhang, for one thing, Yu can execute those transitions in the choreography, and not looking down to the ice before taking off for a jump
I had faith in Zhang two years ago, but now I don't think being introvert is the only problem--the success of her jumps is dependent on her total ignorance of other elements; otherwise, those jumps may not exist in the first place.

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Xiaoyu YU / Yang JIN (CHN) - 62.58 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV (RUS) - 59.46 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Vasilisa DAVANKOVA / Andrei DEPUTAT (RUS) - 58.35 Short Program, 2nd Copy
4. Maria VIGALOVA / Egor ZAKROEV (RUS) - 55.32 Short Program, 2nd Copy
5. Madeline AARON / Max SETTLAGE (USA) - 51.95 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Mary ORR / Phelan SIMPSON (CAN) - 45.14 Short Program, 2nd Copy
7. Alessandra CERNUSCHI / Filippo AMBROSINI (ITA) - 44.90 Short Program, 2nd Copy
8. Tara HANCHEROW / Wesley KILLING (CAN) - 42.35 Short Program, 2nd Copy
9. Kaitlin BUDD / Nikita CHEBAN (USA) - 41.74 Short Program, 2nd Copy
10. Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR (CZE) - 41.29 Short Program, 2nd Copy
11. Aya TAKAI / Brian JOHNSON (USA) - 40.24 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
12. Marin ONO / Hon Lam TO (HKG) - 40.05 Short Program, 2nd Copy
13. Sumire SUTO / Konstantin CHIZHIKOV (JPN) - 39.70 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
14. Julia LINCKH / Konrad HOCKER-SCHOLLER (GER) - 36.09 Short Program, 2nd Copy
15. Ekaterina PRIBYLOVA / Jegors Nikita ADMIRALOVS (LAT) - 31.88 Short Program, 2nd Copy

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Davankova / Deputat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbM5PqIW-ZM

huge throws but its really frustrating and heartbreaking she grew so tall :bang:
her talent will be wasted once they split up soon, who could partner with her ? she is a Volosozhar in rough diamonds
just needs a taller partner

Just a thought- Simon Shnapir is six foot four inches tall, was born in Russia, and this year had been landing 3S and 3T most of the time. If he and Marissa Castelli ever split, Davankova should give him a call. Not that they are going to split.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Just a thought- Simon Shnapir is six foot four inches tall, was born in Russia, and this year had been landing 3S and 3T most of the time. If he and Marissa Castelli ever split, Davankova should give him a call. Not that they are going to split.

and skate for the US ? I don't think her Fed will release her that easily though

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
and skate for the US ? I don't think her Fed will release her that easily though
No. Skate for Russia. He should have dual citizenship, because of being born there. And he speaks Russian.

Last edited:
No. Skate for Russia. He should have dual citizenship, because of being born there. And he speaks Russian.

USFS would probably never release him. :p

I think Davankova/Deputat will be fine because whilst she has grown, she still has a very petite frame and is really thin.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

I think Davankova/Deputat will be fine because whilst she has grown, she still has a very petite frame and is really thin.

but she cant afford to grow a few more inches or their partnership will become the new Zhangs before they even get into full Senior

Well it is true. If she grows any more CENTIMETRES, that might be it. And she's still only 15 so that is possible.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

He has dual citizenship. I think that shortens things? C.f. Bariev/Righini

flutzy13

On the Ice

I really don't see him skating for Russia ever. If you read any of the pre Sochi interviews, he was very clear and careful to say it that he considers himself an American and a Bostonian and how it was meaningful to his parents that he represents the US. I expect that he and Marissa will skate together at least through Boston Worlds and then call it a career either in 2016 or 2018.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I do hope he continues to skate with Marissa, too. But pairs is risky. Stuff happens.