Junior Worlds Non-Geoblocked Coverage | Golden Skate

Junior Worlds Non-Geoblocked Coverage

No TV networks appear to be broadcasting Junior Worlds, other than BNT2 (Bulgarian TV channel) which will show parts of the free programs. It is geo-blocked.

You can watch the entire event live and on-demand on the ISU Skating Channel but it is geo-blocked in Canada, US, Japan and South Korea.

IceNetwork is showing it but it is only available to those based in the US.

You can use a VPN service or a free browser extension like Hola! to by-pass the geo-blocking.

If you find any channel showing Junior Worlds, please share the information in this thread.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I've checked the schedules of all the stream channels used during the Olympics (hahabar, sportslemontv, etc), and it doesn't seem like any of them have any figure skating coverage scheduled today. I will post again if I manage to find a stream. Please do the same if you find a stream. There is, however, a good deal of coverage of the Haiku Open, which I was disappointed to find is actually a snooker tournament, and not a poetry competition. ;)

Hope all is well with you.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^Gliding on smooth ice
Swirling and jumps in the air
With pretty white boots.

I haven't found anything either. Thanks for trying though. Damn, we've been able to watch the last few Junior Worlds.

Bulgarian TV channel BNT2 will show bits of FS and that's it so far it seems. :(

Nothing on TEKA TV?

I can't see anything but then they don't have the listings for all of their sport channels so I'll have another look tomorrow.

Спорт 2 which showed the GP series isn't showing any skating.

caitie

Medalist
Oh. :no: I thought the ISU might stream it on their website and I'd be able to watch it with a geo-blocker disabling extension like I did the GPF.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Bravo ISU! Another genius move on your part--to make sure almost no one can see the single most important competition for the next generation of skaters. Great way to grow your audience--by ensuring you don't have one.

I believe the collective IQ of the ISU may hit positive numbers any decade now... (though not in my lifetime).

katymay

Medalist
Bravo ISU! Another genius move on your part--to make sure almost no one can see the single most important competition for the next generation of skaters. Great way to grow your audience--by ensuring you don't have one.

I believe the collective IQ of the ISU may hit positive numbers any decade now... (though not in my lifetime).

Amen to that. My kids are swimmers, and almost every important meet is streamed online, for free. Thank God USA Swimming is not as greedy as the ISU and USFSA.

I just checked all of the Russian sport channels available on TVTeka and none of them are showing skating.

ISU Skating Channel is actually streaming Junior Worlds live. So if you get a proxy or are geo-blocker disabling extension, you will be able to watch it. Care to share yours caitie?
Link here: http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/isu/site/index.html

It's absolutely ridiculous this is geo-blocked anyway given nobody is showing it. :rolleye:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... ISU Skating Channel is actually streaming Junior Worlds live. So if you get a proxy or are geo-blocker disabling extension, you will be able to watch it. Care to share yours caitie?
Link here: http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/isu/site/index.html

It's absolutely ridiculous this is geo-blocked anyway given nobody is showing it. :rolleye:

For those wondering about where the ISU streaming is geo-blocked: "Territory restrictions apply: CAN, JPN, KOR, USA, EUR."

(Like it or not, I do understand the USA geo-blocking b/c IceNetwork subscribers are paying for streaming.)

I've edited the OP with the most up-to-date information.

For those wondering about where the ISU streaming is geoblocked: "Territory restrictions apply: CAN, JPN, KOR, USA, EUR."

(I do understand the USA geoblocking, b/c IceNetwork subscribers are paying for streaming.)

Thank you for sharing the geo-block locales, golden411.

I didn't realise IceNetwork is showing it, in that case it does make sense to geo-block it in the US, of course. But to the best of my knowledge nobody in Europe is showing it.

I have just purchased Overplay's Smart DNS Service for $5. It's supposed to by-pass all geo-blocking and I have used that company's services before and never had any problems. It is not working, though. I've tried setting my 'Netflix locale' to Brazil, Latin America and Singapore which are the three available non-US/EU options but I am still getting the geo-block message.

A poster on FSU has reported that they are getting the geo-block message even though they are based in Brazil where those restrictions never applied.

So the way it looks at the moment, Junior Worlds ISU coverage seems to geo-blocked everywhere. :p

You could theoretically get the IceNetwork subscription and then try to by-pass the US geo-blocking but it's so expensive that it's not really worth it just for Junior Worlds (I knew people who used it for the whole season, though).

First Skate

Rinkside
It's working for me when using the 'Hola' unblocker app. It's free and you can set it to any country you like. Hope this helps!

Npmonice

Rinkside
It would be much easier if the ISU stated which countries you could actually watch the live stream from.
1 hour before the event started I had access, it stated that I was able to watch the event in Norway, then 30 minutes before my access was denied :(. Eurosport in Norway are not showing it and the main channel in Norway NRK is not showing it (although the later was expected). It's sad that it appears no one in Europe is able to watch it, unless your in Bulgaria.

It's apparently fixed now and should work if you set your country to any non NA/EUR/JP/KOR location.

As other posters said, you can use Hola! which is free.

I've just tried using Hola! and it's working for me as well. Thanks a lot for the tip! :)

Damn, now I want my $5 back. :p