Skate for Hope | Golden Skate

Skate for Hope

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From Carolyn:

Skate for Hope is honored to announce that Olympic Gold Medalist, Cancer Survivor, Author, Legend and Skating Icon, SCOTT HAMILTON will join us May 3rd at the Bowling Green State University Ice Arena to raise funding for cancer research! Scott will be our honored guest Emcee & speaker. Please join Scott for a spectacular evening of skating to celebrate survivorship and our work to help find a cure.

Scott is excited to meet our cast and personally thank our parents and skaters for their contribution to help find a cure. I so hope you join us in May as a cast or audience member.

Please visit www.skateforhope.org for tickets.

With Sincere Thanks,

Carolyn

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know many involved with this great event!! This has been held in my hometown for years and is a GREAT event!! Anyone who can help please do. This is an amazing event!! Thank you for posting about it.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
About a week ago Skate for Hope posted a picture of the elite skaters participating in this years show. I wasn't able to read some of the names so I contacted Carolyn and got confirmation that Emily Samuelson :eek:: will be participating in this years show! She will be skating solo but I expect she will do group numbers and perhaps something with Lee Harris.

Also, I am delighted to learn that Caitlin Yankowskas and Hamish Gaman (her new pairs partner) will be participating also. Caitlin and Hamish are competing for Great Britain and are training at the Skate Club of Boston with Bobby Martin. It will be nice to see Caitlin again.

Looking forward to seeing the show!

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Many of the participants are from families who have lost someone to cancer and so participating in this show each year has become significant to many of them.

Gilles & Poirier have been signed up for a while to participate. They were supposed to skate there last year, but because of Paul's ankle injury, only Piper was able to do so. Some of the group numbers were changed so that she could skate with Max Aaron instead.

Here's the latest info on participants listed by Skate For Hope:

http://www.skateforhope.org/images/content/pagebuilder/2014_Poster.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/skateforhope