Analyzing Sotnikova and Kim's footwork in the FS | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Analyzing Sotnikova and Kim's footwork in the FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatif

Medalist
and adelina has a choreography?? what choreography? :p

Just because you keep repeating same thing over and over, it won't be become a reality. So just stop making argument by responding to a question with a question.

qwertyskates

Medalist
Choreography is PCS and it takes an the program as a WHOLE. Step Sequence is an ELEMENT in a PROGRAM. You contradicted yourself. ADMIT IT and move on. Yuna's performance OUTSCALED what Buttle, V&M, and etc because they're not even COMPARABLE.

You mean, stsq isn't CHOREOGRAPHED? :eek:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
and adelina has a choreography?? what choreography? :p

The choreography that you don't like apparently, but she doesn't just stop everything for eight seconds before a jump without doing some choreography or turns. Why do you ignore the fact Yuna doesn't do transitions before the jumps and that does, in fact, impact PCS? It isn't only about how beautiful she looks skating.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
The judges are human, and of course are influenced by these things, along with whether they actually like the program and the skater.

Your original comment said that the job of the judges is to objectively judge the event, regardless of their program and skater preferences; so it's not okay that their scoring should be influenced by personal favoritism:

I think this is the fallacy of the Yuna fan's argument. I have no doubt that the majority of the judging panel preferred watching Carolina's and Yuna's programs over Adelina's. However, their job is to objectively judge an athletic event; it doesn't matter at all whether they would "rather see a beautiful slam dunk by Michael Jordan or growing and maturing College Star."

You're completely contradicting yourself and flip-flopping stances. You lost all credibility.

cooper

Medalist
Just because you keep repeating same thing over and over, it won't be become a reality. So just stop making argument by responding to a question with a question.

and again i'm asking where's is the choreography??

qwertyskates

Medalist
The choreography that you don't like apparently, but she doesn't just stop everything for eight seconds before a jump without doing some choreography or turns. Why do you ignore the fact Yuna doesn't do transitions before the jumps and that does, in fact, impact PCS? It isn't only about how beautiful she looks skating.

The caressing of chin and cheek must mean something for PCS though.:think:

cooper

Medalist
The caressing of chin and cheek must mean something for PCS though.:think:

you mean waving to the judges in a junior program = for pcs then?? :p

no wonder why baranova was so eager to hug adelina backstage while waiting for alla... i guess it was a goodbye..

qwertyskates

Medalist
How is doing fewer than half the number of crossovers than each of the other medalists a junior program?

See, a 0.1 sec wave in a 4 minute program invalidates the entire FS and makes it all a "junior program". Math is hard. :think:

The ridiculous Yuna fans aside, I do think getting silver was not at all a bad deal for Yuna, after her long hiatus and being at less than peak form, and with a underwhelming Adios Nonino. It's still silver. The one I felt sorry for is Mao, and that was *some* stsq, she outdid many male skaters with that stsq.

cooper

Medalist
You will never find it in the "denial hole" that you came from.

and what is your opinion about adelina's so called choreography? at least others are trying to explain.. what is your opinion? taking a free ride?

cooper

Medalist
See, a 0.1 sec wave in a 4 minute program invalidates the entire FS and makes it all a "junior program". Math is hard. :think:

no wonder why baranova was so eager to hug her.. waiting... waiting.. for alla.. i guess waving to the judges = pcs..

MiRé

Match Penalty
You mean, stsq isn't CHOREOGRAPHED? :eek:

Did I say it wasn't? You wrote a lengthy paragraphs with some pesky little arguments on how Yuna didn't perform the Music compared to Buttle, V&M, Chen ETC. Music ITSELF cannot be compared on par with Step Sequences alone. You ran out of your arguments, hence why you even contradicted yourself saying
]Plus this thread is about her stsq, so of course it is fair to compare the steps and moves to the music by Buttle, Virtue & Moir regardless of the length of the program
Sure the thread was supposed to talk about the Stsq, but you just HAD to talk about how Yuna apparently "did not" meet your criteria in performing Adios Nonino.

Are you Piazzolla? :rolleye:

Nadya

On the Ice
I already posted once, but I also have another thing to say. Seriously, who cares? Who seriously watches Adelina's skate gets amused and wants to be like her. All figure skating girls want to be like Yuna. You can deny it but you know it's true. I think people who are trying to defend Sotnikova is just dumb or just really tired of Yuna, which I can understand if someone is so powerful that goes beyond the figure skating community. Go on Youtube and see how much more views Yuna's Silver Medal performance has than Adelina's Gold Medal. It's literally double the size of the latter. And don't even ask about the likes, I actually feel terrible for Adelina, but karma sucks (Adelina you should know better and should save yourself from further mockery because it's only getting worse from now especially if Yuna is denied her Second Gold Medal, it's almost like waiting for the finale of the show). If you think Adelina had better and harder choreography, I'm sorry that you have a bad taste. I'm pretty sure your biases will change if you actually knew Yuna. So guys, this thread is so dumb. Remember she got 7th with this same program at Worlds and beat top 5 who had no mistakes other than Mao. Also the SECOND HIGHEST SCORE IN THE WORLD? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Yuna would knock her around any day during her Junior years.
You have no idea what all figure skating girls want.

whatif

Medalist
and what is your opinion about adelina's so called choreography? at least others are trying to explain.. what is your opinion? taking a free ride?

I do not waste time answering idiotic questions. Just make fun of them.

sk8in

Match Penalty
No, nuances like continuously caressing her chin and cheek like Yuna does throughout her program instead of doing complex turns.
You really are functioning out of willful ignorance. Adelina's last 4 jumping passes did not have any turns or transitions or choreography. The 2A+3T, 3F+2T+2L, 3S, and 2A all were lined up in the back half of her program with 0 transitions in order to accumulate bonus points. She simply skated from one jump to another, clearly huffing through the whole thing. While yes, this enhances her TES, this should grossly affect her PCS. Once again, Yuna did not "rely" on cross overs. Cross overs are how all skaters move across the ice. Adelina and Yuna had roughly 25. Yuna's step sequence however was longer, better performed, and more difficult that Adelina's---which is explicitly outlined in this thread.

Nadya

On the Ice
To the commentors above. Yes, Yuna is great and so are others. I love Yulia, much more than Adelina. She is beautiful on ice and I feel that she is much more mannered and can outshine any upcoming Korean skaters in Pyeonchang. In fact, I want her to win. I guess I went overboard, but I just don't get it when some people just put the obvious aside and don't appreciate the living legend who is with us today. But I guess everyone has different taste and opinions. And yes @ Sam-Skwantch, it is the underdog story why everyone loves Yuna. Maybe not everything is about skating, but she is the first to come out of her country with no figure skating or even ice rinks to come where she is today. There is no way you can deny that beauty. I'm just saying that people pick up on Yuna Kim just from reading textbooks, magazines etc., and I hope that she becomes much more than just an Olympic Medalist, but someone who can still bring that underdog story to all of us. I'm pretty sure this is not the last time we will be seeing her, in fact, I feel there are much more to come than there has been.

There is nothing remotely underdog-like about Kim. An athlete who enjoys a near-idol status in her country, major sponsorships, unlimited career opportunities, millions in the bank vs. a teenager with a cop father, a disabled sister and a tiny apartment? Who's the underdog again?

cooper

Medalist
Status
Not open for further replies.