Page 100 of 114 FirstFirst ... 50 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1710

Thread: Analyzing Sotnikova and Kim's footwork in the FS

Hate fake smiles and horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    I told you guys PCS is just ordinal system in disguise. They use PCS to divide skaters of the top 3 and the rest. There is no use debating over PCS inflation because the numbers make no sense at all.

PCS is just a tool used by the judges to rank skaters in competition. Who they like better, who they have more bias, who they were told to hold up.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    ^Cherry-picking points, misinterpreting other people's arguments, and contradicting yourself more than once also doesn't give you "a better position" (w/e that term means).
    My position doesn't require that 9 judges from completely unrelated countries conspired to inflate scores of a skater whom everyone saw electrify the Olympics with enthusiasm and technical brilliance.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    My position doesn't require that 9 judges from completely unrelated countries conspired to inflate scores of a skater whom everyone saw electrify the Olympics with enthusiasm and technical brilliance.
    She wasn't technically brilliant. She flutzed and UR her combo, and should have received level 3 on her step sequence. Corrupting the tech panel with the cheaters Lakernik, Gusmeroli, and Baranova, to give undeserved marks and then state after the fact that Sotnikova was technically brilliant? Doesn't work!

Custom Title
    On a sidenote (this doesn't give merit to either side of the current argument), but it seems that GS historically has not held Elvis Stojko's opinions in high regard. Circa 2010.

This is just precious coming from the Celebrated Jumping Frog of Ontario County. Of course he's in favor of jumping over artistry, interpretation, musicality, spins, spirals, footwork, and basic skating skills. If not for his jumping he would have been coaching at his local rollerskating rink.
    Oh Elvis. Go crawl back in your hole. Nobody cared what you thought about the scoring of the men's competition and they care even less about your comments on the women's. Your time has passed. You're like the 80 year old man boring everyone to death with their stories of what happened back in the good ole days.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Elvis Stoijko would oppose world peace if he thought that massive war was technically more challenging. I'm at the point where I really don't understand how he comes up with his thoughts.
    I used to be an Elvis fan but his diatribes about these Olympics has just turned me off. I'm starting to believe Elvis would like us to can the spins, transitions, footwork, field moves, music, all choreography, and just have four minutes of jumping. The problem with that is, then skating would not be the beautiful and unique sport that it is, and it sure would no longer be the premiere event of the Olympics.

Custom Title
    What about Michelle Kwan, who was so very brave to endorse Adelina's win although Yuna is a very good friend of Michelle's? I respect Michelle so much more because of the bravery she exhibited at that moment.

As far as Elvis, he is far more accomplished than anyone who posts on these boards. I wouldn't dismiss his opinions so quickly.

Banned
    Michelle Kwan was as contradictory with her comments as you are here with yours daisy.

And there were many, many other former skaters who said they thought Yuna won.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    Michelle Kwan was as contradictory with her comments as you are here with yours daisy.

And there were many, many other former skaters who said they thought Yuna won.
    I never said a lot of people didn't think Yuna should have won. But I'm also saying a lot of people think Adelina should have won. Regardless of you thinking Michelle was contradictory, she said Adelina deserved to win and never said Yuna deserved to win. She said she preferred Yuna's style.

Believe me, what Kwan did was courageous, to risk not being invited to skate in Yuna's shows because of her supporting the rightful winner in Sochi.

Custom Title
    I never said a lot of people didn't think Yuna should have won. But I'm also saying a lot of people think Adelina should have won. Regardless of you thinking Michelle was contradictory, she said Adelina deserved to win and never said Yuna deserved to win. She said she preferred Yuna's style.
    Before...

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy
    Not really. The negative comments on Adelina's social media pages are entirely from Koreans and Korean Americans. Most everyone else is supportive of or indifferent to the outcome.
    Americans are generally supportive or indifferent. Don't take my word for it though, look at the petition signatures or the comments on Adelina's social media pages and see how many are from South Koreans (or people of Korean descent). There are a few people out there trying to use this as an excuse to get rid of a judging system they have disliked for awhile, but as far as outrage over the outcome it is very very isolated.
    Hm...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    Before...
    Hm...
    LoL at your continued desperation. A lot of people (mostly South Koreans and Korean Americans) think Yuna should have won. Outside of those groups there is little outrage.

Try again. Or maybe quit being so desperate to attack posters and think about why a lot of people disagree with you. It's up to you. Regardless nothing is going to change the outcome that many people agree with already.

Banned
    (mostly South Koreans and Korean Americans)
    False. Vast numbers of people in all different countries of all colors and shapes and sizes believe the competition was rigged.

You are all mouth, no legs to stand on here.

Custom Title
    LoL at your continued desperation. A lot of people (mostly South Koreans and Korean Americans) think Yuna should have won. Outside of those groups there is little outrage.

Try again. Or maybe quit being so desperate to attack posters and think about why a lot of people disagree with you. It's up to you. Regardless nothing is going to change the outcome that many people agree with already.
    See, the thing is I do accept several well-reasoned points some posters have made about both Kim and Sotnikova's performances and results, and respect their opinions.

However, I don't agree with posters (regardless of their stance) whose method of debate involves posting contradictory remarks, selectively ignoring valid arguments and rebuttals, cherry-picking facts, and misinterpreting other people's statements, who then resort to name-calling when their logical fallacies are called out on publicly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    False. Vast numbers of people in all different countries of all colors and shapes and sizes believe the competition was rigged.

You are all mouth, no legs to stand on here.
    LOL. Irony.

How much is a "vast number"? 10? 100? A million?

And you somehow know how many there are?
    And their nationalities?

And you also know how many don't care or don't agree, and are not outraged or believe the competition was rigged?
    And their nationalities too?

So that you can say with such certainty, that claiming "most" of the outraged are South Koreans or Korean Americans... is "false".

You are all mouth, no legs to stand on here... as much as anyone.

What did Michelle Kwan say?

Michelle Kwan discussed the women’s LP events twice for Fox Sports 1. I can’t find the first one on You Tube at the moment, but in her recap right after the event she did managed to get out the words, after some hemming and hawing, “Sotnikova won, fair and square.”

In the recap the next day (starting at 1:10 in the following link) she was asked, “What was the biggest surprise of the Olympics?” She said the biggest surprise was Yuna Kim’s placement. Before the event she told Yuna, just skate clean and be yourself and you will win. She skated clean and she was herself. But…she didn’t win.

Seeing the two interviews together, it is clear that Michelle had misgivings about the whole thing.

(Best moment for Michelle was Davis and White’s gold medal. Biggest disappointment was the splatfest men’s competition and the withdrawal of Plushenko.)

The other person on the panel, by the way (a sports reporter), was blown away by both Lipnitskiaia (team) and Sotnikova (individual) and thought that it was a shame that the focus was placed the judging controversies rather than the skating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrKcWkRue_c
    Last edited by Mathman; 06-02-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Banned
    *There are over 2 million on one petition. Even if 90% were Korean, that would still be over 200,000 people of other backgrounds.
    Try getting 200,000 people to care about the entire sport of figure skating, let alone one skater ... if you can.

*Read all of the threads on GS. You will see many people from many backgrounds believe Sochi Ladies was rigged.

*Read the live thread. You will see nearly without exception everyone mocked the competition as it happened.

*The same thing happened in every live thread I followed on dozens of different forums on the internet.

*Former skaters like Katerina Witt, Kurt Browning, Tim Wood, Dick Button, Gwendal Peizerat, Robin Cousins, and many others all said Yuna won.

*Many current and former judges and officials gave interviews with the media and stated they believed Yuna and Carolina were better, and the results were corrupted.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    How many of the 2million do we suppose did so out of a greater knowledge of how FS is scored vs how many out of love for Yuna? Is that even relevant?

Page 100 of 114 FirstFirst ... 50 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast