Page 103 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1710

Thread: Analyzing Sotnikova and Kim's footwork in the FS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post

Clearly you are willfully blind in this matter, because replays show Sotnikova's combo was UR, and Kim's Lutz was not.
    I've already posted the screen caps.

That second triple lutz was clearly UR.

It's not a matter I'm going to discuss, because its not worth it to argue an obvious fact with someone who is playing dumb just to push their personal agenda.

Have a nice day.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I think it is literally true that Michelle's view evolved over the few days after the event. Of course this is not contradictory or insincere.
    When did she outright say Yuna should have won? Because she came out and said Adelina deserved to win. That she even changed her mind shows that the decision was one that could have gone either way.

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    What did Robin Cousins say about the lady events, mind sharing me the links?
    Thank you.
    I think YesWay is referring to the BBC live commentary after Yuna's scores.
    He is the link with the videos: http://skating.livedoor.biz/archives/51877526.html
    BBC is the first video, and in fact they do seem to think that there is nothing wrong with Adelina's win.
    Myabe it was just not to make a debate live though. I don't know.

Medalist
    Even though I am a Yuna fan, I can live with it now. Flutz blah stlv blah.. Yuna Getting 2nd OGM and Being a 2nd Witt might be my happy moment. But 1OGM and 1OSM is already good. I think her 2013 comeback and getting title semented her status in this sports.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I think YesWay is referring to the BBC live commentary after Yuna lost.
    He is the link with the videos: http://skating.livedoor.biz/archives/51877526.html
    BBC is the first video, and in fact they do seem to think that there is nothing wrong with Adelina's win.
    Myabe it was just not to make a debate live though. I don't know.
    "I'm not so sure having seen one of those replays"

Her second Lutz landing :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Components View Post

I' was talking about the final result comment, but yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    When did she outright say Yuna should have won? Because she came out and said Adelina deserved to win. That she even changed her mind shows that the decision was one that could have gone either way.
    In the three videos that have been posted above, two by me and one by Vanshilar, Michelle says, successively:

1. By the scoring system, Adelina won fair and square.

2. The biggest surprise of the Olympics was that Yuna placed second.

3. It is not the scoring system that needs to be changed, it is the judges who misuse it.

This is a clear migration, to me.

I agree that it could have gone either way. There is not the slightest doubt that it "could have" gone Adelina's way, because it did.
    Last edited by Mathman; 06-02-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Custom Title

Stop trying to use Yuna fans' evidence against them

Banned
    I think it is literally true that Michelle's views evolved over the few days after the event. Of course this is not contradictory or insincere.
    I'm curious about MK's "unbelievable" tweet to Yuna. The sequence of events was:
    1. tweet
    2. defend results on FOX
    3. later question judging

Some people question what her tweet meant ... was it a compliment for Yuna's performance, or shock at the result? I really think it was critique at the judging, because expressions of shock and disgust tend to be brief, while people are usually effusive and expressive with praise and congratulations.

So if she expressed shock at the result, then defended the results, then questioned them ... I'm not sure this is the case of an evolving opinion. Perhaps someone who thought one thing, and tried to come around to the PC version, but in the end could not stomach it? Otherwise she just sounds confused or not willing to share her honest opinion.

By the way, Tara Lipinski and and Johnny Weir, commenting live, were quite subdued in the booth after Yuna's skate. Johnny said flat out, "I don't think that was enough." He might have meant "not enough considering the huge scores that Adelina put up." I would be curious to know if Johnny, too, came to a different opinion after reviewing and reflecting.
    We all know Johnny likes the Russians, so take anything he says with a grain of salt in this matter, but I do think he was cryptic both ways. Tara was not insightful at all, I found her commentary disgusting and unprofessional, as she said Yuna "didn't have any guts out there". The woman who had already won OGM and came back to skate against corrupt judging in a hostile crowd, and delivered a flawless performance while injured ... had no guts? I guess we can forgive someone like Tara for thinking such a thing, since she came and went by 15, before her brain had developed much. Seems like it still hasn't.

Banned
    You must be blind, because I just watched the jump in slow motion for the umpteenth time, and Kim's 3Lz is not UR. I've frozen it down to the exact frame and her foot is almost 100% turned, while her upper body is about 1/8 of a turn short (doesn't matter, but might have caused the close call on the landing?).

Meanwhile, Sotnikova's foot on her UR 3T touches the ice way more than 1/4 revolution short, it's not even close.

Custom Title
    You must be blind, because I just watched the jump in slow motion for the umpteenth time, and Kim's 3Lz is not UR. I've frozen it down to the exact frame and her foot is almost 100% turned, while her upper body is about 1/8 of a turn short (doesn't matter, but might have caused the close call on the landing?).
    Why don't you post the frozen frame you speak of and end the discussion once and for all?

Custom Title
    Tara was not insightful at all, I found her commentary disgusting and unprofessional, as she said Yuna "didn't have any guts out there". The woman who had already won OGM and came back to skate against corrupt judging in a hostile crowd, and delivered a flawless performance while injured ... had no guts? I guess we can forgive someone like Tara for thinking such a thing, since she came and went by 15, before her brain had developed much. Seems like it still hasn't.
    Tara is not entitled to an opinion because her brain hasn't fully developed. Got it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Tara is not entitled to an opinion because her brain hasn't fully developed. Got it.
    Anyone is entitled to their opinion. Doesn't mean anyone else has to take them seriously.

I'm curious about MK's "unbelievable" tweet to Yuna. The sequence of events was:

1. tweet
    2. defend results on FOX
    3. later question judging

Some people question what her tweet meant ...
    Hard to say, I think. It was pretty unbelievable that Kim skated perfectly but still didn't win -- no one would have predicted that.

I think Michelle's "fair and square" comment refers to the points. Adelina did this, that, and the other, earning x, y, and z points, and there you are. I think she was trying to be as dispassionate and objective as possible in this passionate and subjective sport.

In contrast, I have no doubt that her very first impulse was of the heart-on-her-sleeve variety.

or not willing to share her honest opinion.
    I personally would go for this 100%.

We all know Johnny likes the Russians, so take anything he says with a grain of salt in this matter,
    This could be said for anybody tbh. Even those who love a skater very much can be biased, and it goes beyond the nationality.

Page 103 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast