Page 104 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1710

Thread: Analyzing Sotnikova and Kim's footwork in the FS

Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    You must be blind, because I just watched the jump in slow motion for the umpteenth time, and Kim's 3Lz is not UR. I've frozen it down to the exact frame and her foot is almost 100% turned, while her upper body is about 1/8 of a turn short (doesn't matter, but might have caused the close call on the landing?).
    I think Robin Cousins must be blind than because he said that. Components was quoting Robin.

p.s. Thank you moderator for moving this topic where it should be.

Michelle autographs skates for auction to benefit the Big Brothers/Big Sisters organization.

https://www.facebook.com/BBBSOceanSt...type=1&theater

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I think Robin Cousins must be blind than because he said that. Components was quoting Robin.
    No, Cousins did not specify what he was talking about, and even if he were talking about the lutz, he said "may" and he said it without slowing it down and looking at the jump. All you have to do is slow it down and freeze when her foot touches the ice. It's almost 100% rotated (75% is the cutoff) and her upper body is about 1/8 short.

Sotnikova on the other hand was way more than a 1/4 turn short, and that's why she should have clearly been downgraded.

Custom Title
    No, Cousins did not specify what he was talking about, and even if he were talking about the lutz, he said "may" and he said it without slowing it down and looking at the jump. All you have to do is slow it down and freeze when her foot touches the ice. It's almost 100% rotated (75% is the cutoff) and her upper body is about 1/8 short.
    Sigh. Where's the freeze frame you continuously refer to?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Sigh. Where's the freeze frame you continuously refer to?
    I'm assuming you have the video and can do it yourself? Otherwise, GS does not allow for picture uploads.

Custom Title
    I'm assuming you have the video and can do it yourself? Otherwise, GS does not allow for picture uploads.
    When I tell you it's between 1/4 and 1/2 turn short you call me a liar.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    When I tell you it's between 1/4 and 1/2 turn short you call me a liar.
    You might be a liar, but what I said was you are blind.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I think it is literally true that Michelle's views evolved over the few days after the event. Of course this is not contradictory or insincere.

By the way, Tara Lipinski and and Johnny Weir, commenting live, were quite subdued in the booth after Yuna's skate. Johnny said flat out, "I don't think that was enough." He might have meant "not enough considering the huge scores that Adelina put up." I would be curious to know if Johnny, too, came to a different opinion after reviewing and reflecting.

Speaking for myself, I was not outraged in real time. Adelina skated her heart out. Only later, when the post-game analyses started coming in, did the balance start to tip in the other direction (for me). I think it is quite a defensible position to say that, yes, objectively speaking and in the cold sobriety of data like that provided by Blades of Passion on this thread, Yuna was robbed. But in the moment I didn't necessarily feel that way.
    I think my exact emotions when Sotnikova skated were... that shouldn't beat Kostner but it will, but at least it was a good skate. After Kim skated, it was like, she skated clean, but it probably won't make a difference. And then when the scores came up, it was like "Yeah, that's wrong, but utterly unsurprising... but wow, 5 points, holy crap I thought it would be closer than that".

If anything I was elated for Sotnikova, given the criticism and haters she's had in the past, including certain people who used to call her a headcase or who thought she would embarrass herself in Sochi.

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    But that is exactly what this sport is, isn't it? It's the sport of the moment.

Like music, the performance lived with us throughout the time it was performing. While the music was playing/the skater was performing, we experimented moment and drew from that our feelings and judgments.

It will not be the same when we watch it ten/hundred times latter just to prove which point should be deducted and which point should be awarded.

No, Cousins did not specify what he was talking about, and even if he were talking about the lutz, he said "may" and he said it without slowing it down and looking at the jump.
    The reply was the lutz and he says "I asked for it".
    Anyway, let's open a new topic now, about what Cousins did or din't say.

All you have to do is slow it down and freeze when her foot touches the ice. It's almost 100% rotated (75% is the cutoff) and her upper body is about 1/8 short.

Sotnikova on the other hand was way more than a 1/4 turn short, and that's why she should have clearly been downgraded.
    Maybe it's not clear enough, I thought it was. I don't give a damn about who won in Sochi.
    I was rooting for Asada. As her fan and after Vancouver I wanted her to win.

Anyway, my two cents about ladies even. I didn't like very much the top three ladies programs, except Carolina's SP which I thought was beautiful, but they all skated very well, in both programs.

I think Karolina should've won the Sp, I didn't like at all her LP. Adelina skated very well (didn't care much about her programs tbh).
    I did like Kim's SP, I thought her LP was a snoozefest but she skated very well.
    So, in the end, I thought Kim won based on the overall performace in both programs.
    It didn't happened. Amen.

Custom Title
    Very convincing way to end an argument, rather than posting the freeze frame you claim to have.

Custom Title
    http://postimg.org/image/lgb2cb15r/

There you go.

Banned
    This is the exact moment her blade touches the ice. You can see the skate is 99% rotated, and her upper body is about 1/8 short.

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/...ps498d6729.png

Can someone please post now freeze frames of all the body and arm movements, even the smiles, that Yuna did? All of them, so we can go on till S.Korea 2018 and judge the interpretation.

Custom Title
    This is the exact moment her blade touches the ice. You can see the skate is 99% rotated, and her upper body is about 1/8 short.

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/...ps498d6729.png
    Did you even watch the video and look at the pic I posted? You image shows her after she's already rolled the skate around a bit. You can tell because her knees are very bent in your picture, which shows she has been on the ice a bit, longer than the pic I posted. But nice try

Page 104 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast