Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Analyzing Sotnikova and Kim's footwork in the FS

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bara1968 View Post
    Well didn't usa today point out Sot's mistakes in one of her spins?

It seems that Sot's TES is also total mess. Overlooked jump mistakes, spin mistakes, stsq...
    Which spin was that ?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I thought the rule meant that you had to do 5 different turns clockwise and 5 different turns counterclockwise, not that it had to be the same 5. Not saying I'm necessarily right but that was just my understanding.
    Which of these two options is used, makes quite a difference to analyses like this.

Yet, the rules do not make it clear which it is -_- (well, its not clear to me, seems ambiguous)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    Wow. Hat's off to Blades of Passion--who is not a Yuna uber, but is doing a much, much better job than many Yuna ubers at explaining why he disagrees with the judging results, explaining what was called incorrectly and why, and does it without discrediting what Adelina Sotnikova did or without ignoring Yuna's weaknesses.

Your hard work and commitment to objectively analyzing the issue of accurate scoring is really appreciated.

FWIW, Adelina received a level 3 step sequence in the FS at 2014 Europeans, 2013 GPF, 2013 TEB. She received a level 2 in the FS at 2013 Cup of China.
    This. There are a lot of "ubers," but from what I've seen a LOT of the people posting legitimate data are people who are just hardcore skating fans, dismayed at what they've seen. Not haters of any particular skater - just the scoring.

Custom Title
    Great effort BOP. I have been looking for such an analysis, yours is the first I have seen, and it reveals what many of us have suspected. I don't think many of us have the knowledge to do a similar analysis.

Custom Title
    Great analysis, BOP - that's the best one I've read so far.

Question for everyone: who else disagrees with the results and knows the rules in-depth like BoP? It would be awesome if you could get a group together for a collaborative blog to dissect the results in Sochi, and gear it towards the casual fan - at the very least it would help people learn more about the sport and what goes into the scoring.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    Be sure to analyse the other skaters too for comparison, at this level of detail.
    Unless this is Just Another Hate Sotnikova Thread?
    It's very telling how you don't deny that Blades' analysis is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by I♥Yuna View Post
    Great analysis, BOP - that's the best one I've read so far.

Question for everyone: who else disagrees with the results and knows the rules in-depth like BoP? It would be awesome if you could get a group together for a collaborative blog to dissect the results in Sochi, and gear it towards the casual fan - at the very least it would help people learn more about the sport and what goes into the scoring.
    That's an AWESOME idea! Especially gearing it towards the casual fan in order to help them understand COP.

I would love to see a step-by step analysis of the free skates of Yuna, Adelina, Carolina and Mao (Mao especially because of the "Adelina won because her BV was bigger").

And no, I do not hate Adelina. If anything, I feel sorry for her!

She's very good, she's very young, and I'm sure that 8 years from now she'd rather remember winning a well deserved bronze in 2014 and possibly a well-deserved gold in 2018 - instead of forever being aware that millions of people think that she didn't deserve that Sochi gold. The more evidence I find about this fix, the worse I feel for her She's so young and by all accounts a sweet girl, she didn't deserve this!

Custom Title
    A solid analysis, but I think we all know the answer to why it was called a level 4. At any rate, she loses only about 0.7 points for a level 3 and the same GOE.

I agree though that unless other skaters' footwork sequences are also analyzed, this is quite apparently a (yet ANOTHER) blatant anti-Sotnikova thread.

Custom Title
    The truth is that the technical panel cannot determine the level of a step sequence precisely because of humanly constraints. It's impossible to count and keep track of all the different edge works and turns, especially going from Level 3 to Level 4. My guess is they were all borderline cases. When things are borderline, that's when bias comes in to play.

Custom Title
    I deleted my original post due to incorrect information (usa today did not analyse Sot's spin. I got confused with one of their articles pointing out possible fix). But still, I do not agree with Sot's TES mainly because of the overlooked mistakes on her jumps.

By the way, thank you for your post, BOP.

Custom Title
    BoP-

That was awesome analysis! I truly believe that you know more about skating than Tara now, lol.

Seriously, I know this is a lot to ask, but could you provide a similar analysis for Yuna and Carolina to provide some comparison? This will ensure the Adelina lovers that this is not so much about hate for their skater, but as more evidence that the judging/officiating was unbalanced in support of her. Thanks!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    Be sure to analyse the other skaters too for comparison, at this level of detail.
    Unless this is Just Another Hate Sotnikova Thread?
    Of course it is another Hate Sotnikova thread. It's nonsense and ridiculous.

Custom Title
    Is this thread really necessary? Why don't you just add it to one of the other 50 other threads on basically the same subject?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Of course it is another Hate Sotnikova thread. It's nonsense and ridiculous.
    Are you being sarcastic?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by JayW View Post
    Are you being sarcastic?
    No the thread is nonsense and ridiculous and comes from a misunderstanding of the rules because of extreme hatred of sotnikova

Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast