Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1710

Thread: Analyzing Sotnikova and Kim's footwork in the FS

  1. #31
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    134
    How can this be seen as another Sot hate thread? I see an analysis, not one single hate comment from OP.

  2. #32
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,854
    Quote Originally Posted by bara1968 View Post
    How can this be seen as another Sot hate thread? I see an analysis, not one single hate comment from OP.
    The rules are completely misinterpreted to come to a conclusion based around sotnikova hatred.

  3. #33
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    941
    How is this Adelina hate thread, I will never know. If "hate" must be attached to somewhere in someone's mind, I'd probably go with "Alexander hate."

  4. #34
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by VirMo View Post
    The truth is that the technical panel cannot determine the level of a step sequence precisely because of humanly constraints. It's impossible to count and keep track of all the different edge works and turns, especially going from Level 3 to Level 4. My guess is they were all borderline cases. When things are borderline, that's when bias comes in to play.
    Does the tech panel even analyze this or is it the judges? Aren't the step sequences fairly understood ahead of the actual skate (as the announcers seem to know what they are supposed to be and comment on them), so it is just a matter of determine whether a skater actually executed the footwork elements well enough to receive credit for a level four?

    My guess is that when Adelina received Level 3's at other events, it was in response to her not executing the proper footwork elements she was attempting to show for Level 4 credit. According to BoP, it seems that she failed in Sochi as well, but perhaps benefited from some home-cooking to get extra credit for something she failed to execute.

    What Adelina supporters have to understand that this is not about hate for her, but a failure (and/or perhaps worse -cheating) in the judging/officiating process that led to scores that were beyond just significantly elevated (in other words I can consider significance to be above the margin of her victory. Beyond significance would be more than double digit points when combined with elevated GOEs, various components of PCS and other TES inaccuracies).

    People need to understand that while Adelina did some good things in her SP and FS, she is not a worthy champion (though a worthy medalist, IMHO). The eye test (I know 6.0 thinking, but in this case, is justified this time), seems validated by the facts.

  5. #35
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    The rules are completely misinterpreted to come to a conclusion based around sotnikova hatred.
    I disagree. No one hates Adelina, people simply don't think the judging was right. If there was "misinterpretation", it should be those judges.

  6. #36
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,854
    It is about hatred of sotnikova! Either prove a judge was corrupt or stop posting all these hate Adelina threads!

  7. #37
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    217
    ^ Sotnibot

  8. #38
    Kisdom Title TMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by bara1968 View Post
    How can this be seen as another Sot hate thread? I see an analysis, not one single hate comment from OP.
    I agree. And it's a bit much to say that this is hate because there are no analyses of other skaters' skates YET - the thread is only about 4 hours old and idk but I imagine it may take a few minutes to prepare such a detailed analysis...

    I see no Adelina-hate here, but I see some very justified shady-judging-hate!

    I'm trying to think of what would be good for the sport (transparency & accountablity in judging etc.), not attempting to hate on the one person who has nothing really to do with the way the judging went down.

  9. #39
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,854
    There is no good analysis here at all because the rules are misinterpreted soley so that sotnikovas level 4 becomes a level 3. The whole thread is a lie based on hatred of sotnikova.

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by capcomeback View Post
    Seriously, I know this is a lot to ask, but could you provide a similar analysis for Yuna and Carolina to provide some comparison? This will ensure the Adelina lovers that this is not so much about hate for their skater, but as more evidence that the judging/officiating was unbalanced in support of her. Thanks!
    Now if you weren't so biased, you would have said "but to show whether or not", instead of "but as more evidence that".

  11. #41
    Kisdom Title TMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,453
    Perhaps the title is confusing - maybe the mods could change it to something like "Analysing Sochi Ladies' Step Sequences/TES"?

    This way it wouldn't be about one skater and people mightn't be so eager to cry hate...

  12. #42
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    Perhaps the title is confusing - maybe the mods could change it to something like "Analysing Sochi Ladies' Step Sequences/TES"?

    This way it wouldn't be about one skater and people mightn't be so eager to cry hate...
    Totally agree. Otherwise, it will be misinterpreted as Adelina hatred!

  13. #43
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    There is no good analysis here at all because the rules are misinterpreted soley so that sotnikovas level 4 becomes a level 3. The whole thread is a lie based on hatred of sotnikova.
    maybe you should join bop and make your own analysis here..

  14. #44
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    It is about hatred of sotnikova! Either prove a judge was corrupt or stop posting all these hate Adelina threads!
    If it is misinterpretation, please explain how BoP is wrong. I don't hate Adelina. Yes, she comes off as annoying and brash at times, but many young athletes are (and there are far many who are worse). These characteristics are not worthy of hate. I wasn't rooting for her, but I wasn't rooting for anybody who had a legitimate shot at the podium either, so I am clearly unbiased.

    I can understand your frustration as an Adelina partisan. Still, people are offended when they are censured by others who are biased for a particular result. There is a smoking gun here. Whether the smoke was caused by it firing or by a smoker holding the gun is unclear. The ISU (and the IOC for that matter) have some accountability to the skating community to address these questions about the legitimacy of the judging (especially considering the checkered past of judging in this sport). The more people tell us to shut up, the more we want to talk about it.

  15. #45
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,854
    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    Perhaps the title is confusing - maybe the mods could change it to something like "Analysing Sochi Ladies' Step Sequences/TES"?

    This way it wouldn't be about one skater and people mightn't be so eager to cry hate...
    The issue is that the rules of step sequences are being misinterpreted. It has already been pointed out why on the first page.

Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •