Page 59 of 114 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 109 ... LastLast

Thread: Analyzing Sotnikova and Kim's footwork in the FS

Quote Originally Posted by whatif View Post
    You will never find it in the "denial hole" that you came from.
    and what is your opinion about adelina's so called choreography? at least others are trying to explain.. what is your opinion? taking a free ride?

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyskates View Post
    See, a 0.1 sec wave in a 4 minute program invalidates the entire FS and makes it all a "junior program". Math is hard.
    no wonder why baranova was so eager to hug her.. waiting... waiting.. for alla.. i guess waving to the judges = pcs..

You mean, stsq isn't CHOREOGRAPHED?
    Did I say it wasn't? You wrote a lengthy paragraphs with some pesky little arguments on how Yuna didn't perform the Music compared to Buttle, V&M, Chen ETC. Music ITSELF cannot be compared on par with Step Sequences alone. You ran out of your arguments, hence why you even contradicted yourself saying
    ]Plus this thread is about her stsq, so of course it is fair to compare the steps and moves to the music by Buttle, Virtue & Moir regardless of the length of the program
    Sure the thread was supposed to talk about the Stsq, but you just HAD to talk about how Yuna apparently "did not" meet your criteria in performing Adios Nonino.

Are you Piazzolla?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chalk5 View Post
    I already posted once, but I also have another thing to say. Seriously, who cares? Who seriously watches Adelina's skate gets amused and wants to be like her. All figure skating girls want to be like Yuna. You can deny it but you know it's true. I think people who are trying to defend Sotnikova is just dumb or just really tired of Yuna, which I can understand if someone is so powerful that goes beyond the figure skating community. Go on Youtube and see how much more views Yuna's Silver Medal performance has than Adelina's Gold Medal. It's literally double the size of the latter. And don't even ask about the likes, I actually feel terrible for Adelina, but karma sucks (Adelina you should know better and should save yourself from further mockery because it's only getting worse from now especially if Yuna is denied her Second Gold Medal, it's almost like waiting for the finale of the show). If you think Adelina had better and harder choreography, I'm sorry that you have a bad taste. I'm pretty sure your biases will change if you actually knew Yuna. So guys, this thread is so dumb. Remember she got 7th with this same program at Worlds and beat top 5 who had no mistakes other than Mao. Also the SECOND HIGHEST SCORE IN THE WORLD? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Yuna would knock her around any day during her Junior years.
    You have no idea what all figure skating girls want.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    and what is your opinion about adelina's so called choreography? at least others are trying to explain.. what is your opinion? taking a free ride?
    I do not waste time answering idiotic questions. Just make fun of them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    No, nuances like continuously caressing her chin and cheek like Yuna does throughout her program instead of doing complex turns.
    You really are functioning out of willful ignorance. Adelina's last 4 jumping passes did not have any turns or transitions or choreography. The 2A+3T, 3F+2T+2L, 3S, and 2A all were lined up in the back half of her program with 0 transitions in order to accumulate bonus points. She simply skated from one jump to another, clearly huffing through the whole thing. While yes, this enhances her TES, this should grossly affect her PCS. Once again, Yuna did not "rely" on cross overs. Cross overs are how all skaters move across the ice. Adelina and Yuna had roughly 25. Yuna's step sequence however was longer, better performed, and more difficult that Adelina's---which is explicitly outlined in this thread.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chalk5 View Post
    To the commentors above. Yes, Yuna is great and so are others. I love Yulia, much more than Adelina. She is beautiful on ice and I feel that she is much more mannered and can outshine any upcoming Korean skaters in Pyeonchang. In fact, I want her to win. I guess I went overboard, but I just don't get it when some people just put the obvious aside and don't appreciate the living legend who is with us today. But I guess everyone has different taste and opinions. And yes @ Sam-Skwantch, it is the underdog story why everyone loves Yuna. Maybe not everything is about skating, but she is the first to come out of her country with no figure skating or even ice rinks to come where she is today. There is no way you can deny that beauty. I'm just saying that people pick up on Yuna Kim just from reading textbooks, magazines etc., and I hope that she becomes much more than just an Olympic Medalist, but someone who can still bring that underdog story to all of us. I'm pretty sure this is not the last time we will be seeing her, in fact, I feel there are much more to come than there has been.
    There is nothing remotely underdog-like about Kim. An athlete who enjoys a near-idol status in her country, major sponsorships, unlimited career opportunities, millions in the bank vs. a teenager with a cop father, a disabled sister and a tiny apartment? Who's the underdog again?

Quote Originally Posted by whatif View Post
    I do not waste time answering idiotic questions. Just make fun of them.
    the pot calling the kettle black...

Banned
    How is doing fewer than half the number of crossovers than each of the other medalists a junior program?
    She didn't do half the number of crossovers. They're spread out in her program. She does about 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadya View Post
    There is nothing remotely underdog-like about Kim. An athlete who enjoys a near-idol status in her country, major sponsorships, unlimited career opportunities, millions in the bank vs. a teenager with a cop father, a disabled sister and a tiny apartment? Who's the underdog again?
    russian skating fed + figure skating history + SOCHI + http://s17.postimg.org/t61jj35f3/capture1.jpg + http://s17.postimg.org/ch03n68tr/capture2.jpg

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    Did I say it wasn't? You wrote a lengthy paragraphs with some pesky little arguments on how Yuna didn't perform the Music compared to Buttle, V&M, Chen ETC. Music ITSELF cannot be compared on par with Step Sequences alone. You ran out of your arguments, hence why you even contradicted yourself saying

Sure the thread was supposed to talk about the Stsq, but you just HAD to talk about how Yuna apparently "did not" meet your criteria in performing Adios Nonino.

Hey, I'm sorry I didn't know you are the official referee on this site and get to decide that it is forbidden to talk about Choreography AND Step Sequence AND Hitting the Musical Nuances in ONE post.

Apparently, it is ok to talk about Adelina waving, even about her "UR jumps", but not ok to talk about how Yuna was lacking in her performance.

It must really sting to see Buttle's and V&M's videos.

You don't have to be Piazzolla to recognize a flat performance.

Hey, I'm sorry I didn't know you are the official referee on this site and get to decide that it is forbidden to talk about Choreography AND Step Sequence AND Hitting the Musical Nuances in ONE post.

Apparently, it is ok to talk about Adelina waving, even about her "UR jumps", but not ok to talk about how Yuna was lacking in her performance.

You don't have to be Piazzolla to recognize a flat performance.
    and her famous flutz.. i think you forgot that.. oh wait..

Custom Title
    Sigh. I hate figure skatin fans. People can't criticize Yuna without calling her flat and belittling her choreography as cheek strokes. Likewise, people can't criticize Adelina without resorting to calling her a huffing hippo who has no choreo besides hand waving. This is why logic and argumentation courses should be required at the secondary school level, folks.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8in View Post
    She didn't do half the number of crossovers. They're spread out in her program. She does about 25.
    6 into the 3-3, 4 into the 3F, 3 into the 3S, 5 (forward) into the second 3Z, 3 into the 2A, 4 more into the 3S, 3 into her spiral, 2 into her 2A.

So yes, she relies heavily on crossovers (30 in all) to gain speed for her jump elements. How do you get anywhere close to 30 (or even 25) in Adelina's program?

Banned
    The choreography that you don't like apparently, but she doesn't just stop everything for eight seconds before a jump without doing some choreography or turns. Why do you ignore the fact Yuna doesn't do transitions before the jumps and that does, in fact, impact PCS? It isn't only about how beautiful she looks skating.
    Actually Yuna did an ina bauer before her triple jump combination, whereas Adelnia just skated up to her 3F. Again, not really sure what competition you watched. Maybe you imagined it in your head?

Page 59 of 114 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 109 ... LastLast