Page 71 of 114 FirstFirst ... 21 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1710

Thread: Analyzing Sotnikova and Kim's footwork in the FS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    I understand exactly what you're saying. I don't agree, that's all. The results can be fixed all they want but the athlete still has to deliver. It just so happened that Adelina and V/T made minor mistakes, but not enough to lose them the gold.
    Talking that way about Adelina, a skater who isnt even CLOSE to being the best skater in the world is an utter joke. Only minor mistakes arent enough to lose her the gold, even if three better skaters are clean. Sorry, but just no. On what planet did anyone pre Games say as long as Sotnikova only has minor mistakes she is certain to have a commanding win no matter what anyone else does.

As for V&T, no with minor (but very obvious) mistakes on 2 major elements and S&S going clean with a throw triple axel, they absolutely would not have deserved to win. Still would have of course, their gold was bought and paid for long ago after all, but not deservedly.

Custom Title
    I didn't say Adelina deserved to win, did I? I said homecooking was probably at work, but even then the athlete still has to deliver. Adelina and V/T delivered (just enough). Adelina with two-falls would've counted as "not delivering," and I don't think she would've won.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    That a skater like Sotnikova or Lipnitskaya merely has to stay on her feet to beat skaters like Asada, Kostner, and Kim is equally, if not even more, laughable.
    It's refreshing to see that a skater like Yuna can't just waltz in, rest on her reputation and do fewer triples and easier jumps, and win. She avoided competing against the best this season until Sochi and everyone was alarmed how lacking her program was when compared next to Adelina in the same event.

Banned
    I didn't say Adelina deserved to win, did I? I said homecooking was probably at work, but even then the athlete still has to deliver. Adelina and V/T delivered (just enough). Adelina with two-falls would've counted as "not delivering," and I don't think she would've won.
    One fall would have been good enough though?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    It's refreshing to see that a skater like Yuna can't just waltz in, rest on her reputation and do fewer triples and easier jumps, and win. She avoided competing against the best this season until Sochi and everyone was alarmed how lacking her program was when compared next to Adelina in the same event.
    No, nobody was alarmed. Many people thought she skated lights out. The commentators and fans across the world gushed about her performance.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    One fall would have been good enough though?
    I don't think one-fall Adelina would've won either. I'm only replying to the worst of the exaggerations.

Custom Title
    No, nobody was alarmed. Many people thought she skated lights out. The commentators and fans across the world gushed about her performance.
    A lot of people, even Yuna fans who still thought she should have won, thought her performance was flat. There's a reason she hasn't skated in a GP event since 2009, and it's because she doesn't want to have her programs assessed against her top competitors until she is forced to a Worlds/Olympics.

Banned
    A lot of people, even Yuna fans who still thought she should have won, thought her performance was flat.
    Once again, you're just making this up and attempting revisionist history. People GUSHED about her performance.

Custom Title
    Once again, you're just making this up and attempting revisionist history. People GUSHED about her performance.
    People did gush about her performance. And other people thought it was flat. What universe do you live in that you think everyone liked Yuna's performance?

On the Ice
    I don't think one-fall Adelina would've won either. I'm only replying to the worst of the exaggerations.
    It would have been close. Adelina won by over 5 points, so she had a cushion.

Banned
    What universe do you live in that you think everyone liked Yuna's performance?
    everyone was alarmed how lacking her program was when compared next to Adelina in the same event.
    Pot, meet Kettle.

Custom Title
    I know. I mean, Adelina didn't even do an 8th triple nor a triple axel and still had the highest score in the LP. But hey, it's okay for Adelina but out of the question for Yuna, right?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous penguin View Post
    It would have been close. Adelina won by over 5 points, so she had a cushion.
    The result would've looked too unacceptable for the judges to attempt that, homecooking or not. That's what I believe anyway.

Banned
    The result would've looked too unacceptable for the judges to attempt that, homecooking or not. That's what I believe anyway.
    The results already look too unacceptable to many. Didn't stop them. What's a few more disgusted fans at the margins?

Custom Title
    ^I don't think they expected the result to look that unacceptable.

Page 71 of 114 FirstFirst ... 21 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast