Page 98 of 114 FirstFirst ... 48 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1710

Thread: Analyzing Sotnikova and Kim's footwork in the FS

  1. #1456
    Adiós Melon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    right back at you....

    ...Only certain skaters exhibited the skate of their lives. Asada did. Sotnikova did. Kim did not, and nobody but the most zealous die-hard fan(atic) would think so. The only thing that truly surprises me about scores at Sochi, is that anyone scored more than Asada for the FS.

    PS. I love how this thread presents a window for me to peep into a fantasy universe where things are referred to with words like "obviously"... "clearly"... "blatantly"... "I have discredited x"... "y has been proved/disproved".... etc etc... when in reality no such things apply. Pure comedy really.
    What makes you think Yuna didn't ? And of course Asada didn't score the highest. Look at her UR and wrong edged jumps. Eyes are made for reason

  2. #1457
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    What makes you think Yuna didn't ? And of course Asada didn't score the highest. Look at her UR and wrong edged jumps. Eyes are made for reason
    Eyes? Some posters are all mouth.

  3. #1458
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    right back at you....

    ...Only certain skaters exhibited the skate of their lives. Asada did. Sotnikova did. Kim did not, and nobody but the most zealous die-hard fan(atic) would think so. The only thing that truly surprises me about scores at Sochi, is that anyone scored more than Asada for the FS.

    PS. I love how this thread presents a window for me to peep into a fantasy universe where things are referred to with words like "obviously"... "clearly"... "blatantly"... "I have discredited x"... "y has been proved/disproved".... etc etc... when in reality no such things apply. Pure comedy really.
    Right back at you too.

    Kostner had the two skates of her life, and I don't see her scores skyrocketing to the n-th degree. Lipniskaia did NOT have the skate of her life, but her scores say otherwise. When did having the skate of your life mean you get boosted all the way to an OGM? The Olympics are a competition where you're measured against other people's performances, not against your own history of performances.

  4. #1459
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    Eyes? Some posters are all mouth.
    Aren't they just.

  5. #1460
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    What makes you think Yuna didn't ? And of course Asada didn't score the highest. Look at her UR and wrong edged jumps. Eyes are made for reason
    Do you think Asada deserved PCS less than Lipnitskaia, who had a fall? Also, Asada had a flutz, but she also landed a 3A. And her skating is far superior to Sotnikova's in general. Asada losing to Sotnikova on skating skills is absolutely garbage -- heck even Kostner lost to Sotnikova on skating skills and Kostner's speed and edges are the best out there. Sotnikova doesn't have very deep edges, nor does she always hit the edge she's intending to do (as her footwork shows, sometimes her edges are "halfway there").

  6. #1461
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,647
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    When did having the skate of your life mean you get boosted all the way to an OGM?
    This seemed to have happened in 1994, 1998, 2002, 2006, 2010, and in 2014 for the ladies.

  7. #1462
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,647
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Do you think Asada deserved PCS less than Lipnitskaia, who had a fall? Also, Asada had a flutz, but she also landed a 3A. And her skating is far superior to Sotnikova's in general. Asada losing to Sotnikova on skating skills is absolutely garbage -- heck even Kostner lost to Sotnikova on skating skills and Kostner's speed and edges are the best out there. Sotnikova doesn't have very deep edges, nor does she always hit the edge she's intending to do (as her footwork shows, sometimes her edges are "halfway there").
    PCS marks reflect what is exhibited in the program presented, not how skilled the skater is outside the context of the program. Caro basically skated from element to element for half of her program. Her closing footwork was pure magic though.

  8. #1463
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Who else's scores rose to that extent?
    I never said "to that extent". Just from glancing at wiki, Asada, Rochette, (probably Nagasu and other skaters) saw big score increases at the Olympics (they both achieved some combination of PBs during that event). Asada's combined scores went up ~55 pts from the beginning of that season to the Olympics, which is 10 pts higher than Kim's ~40 pt increase during that season. Rochette's Olympics LP was ~20 pts higher than her previous PB that season.

  9. #1464
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    This seemed to have happened in 1994, 1998, 2002, 2006, 2010, and in 2014 for the ladies.
    Um...so who else should've won during 2006 and 2010?

  10. #1465
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    I never said "to that extent". Just from glancing at wiki, Asada, Rochette, (probably Nagasu and other skaters) saw big score increases at the Olympics (they both achieved some combination of PBs during that event). Asada's combined scores went up ~55 pts from the beginning of that season to the Olympics, which is 10 pts higher than Kim's ~40 pt increase during that season. Rochette's Olympics LP was ~20 pts higher than her previous PB that season.
    So in Vancouver only certain skaters' scores exhibited an exponential, statistically significant increase.

    Just like Sochi.

  11. #1466
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,647
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    Um...so who else should've won during 2006 and 2010?
    Who else had the skates of their life in any of those competitions, aside from Kerrigan in 1994?

  12. #1467
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    So in Vancouver only certain skaters' scores exhibited an exponential, statistically significant increase.

    Just like Sochi.
    Are you purposefully trying to misunderstand the argument, or do you just not comprehend context? In Sochi, only the two Russian ladies exhibited exponential score increases (and Gracie Gold maybe? Due to the tantrum Frank Carroll threw?) that allowed them to surpass and/or match skaters who skated much better (Lipniskaia's PCS vs Mao's). In Vancouver, there wasn't such a nationalistic bias in who received big score bumps and who didn't.

  13. #1468
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,212
    Why are you referencing any skaters pre-Cop?

    Supposedly, CoP was created to make the sport more objective, quantifiable, and fair. That's why there are a lot of numbers and guidelines for achieving those numbers. But if the reality is that the numbers are just made up out of thin air, then what you have is a more complex, obscure, and anonymous version of 6.0 -- one that was created not to end or reduce cheating, but one that was created in order to facilitate the rigging of competitions and keep cheating better hidden out of plain sight.

  14. #1469
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,647
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    I never said "to that extent". Just from glancing at wiki, Asada, Rochette, (probably Nagasu and other skaters) saw big score increases at the Olympics (they both achieved some combination of PBs during that event). Asada's combined scores went up ~55 pts from the beginning of that season to the Olympics, which is 10 pts higher than Kim's ~40 pt increase during that season. Rochette's Olympics LP was ~20 pts higher than her previous PB that season.
    The amount of the increase is only important if you consider two clean programs. Yuna saw that massive increase over previous clean programs.

  15. #1470
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,647
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    Are you purposefully trying to misunderstand the argument, or do you just not comprehend context? In Sochi, only the two Russian ladies exhibited exponential score increases (and Gracie Gold maybe? Due to the tantrum Frank Carroll threw?) that allowed them to surpass and/or match skaters who skated much better (Lipniskaia's PCS vs Mao's). In Vancouver, there wasn't such a nationalistic bias in who received big score bumps and who didn't.
    Mao got higher PCS in the SP, Julia higher PCS in the LP. Why do you think that is? Hint: check the start order.

Page 98 of 114 FirstFirst ... 48 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •