Page 99 of 114 FirstFirst ... 49 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1710

Thread: Analyzing Sotnikova and Kim's footwork in the FS

  1. #1471
    Adiós Melon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Do you think Asada deserved PCS less than Lipnitskaia, who had a fall? Also, Asada had a flutz, but she also landed a 3A. And her skating is far superior to Sotnikova's in general. Asada losing to Sotnikova on skating skills is absolutely garbage -- heck even Kostner lost to Sotnikova on skating skills and Kostner's speed and edges are the best out there. Sotnikova doesn't have very deep edges, nor does she always hit the edge she's intending to do (as her footwork shows, sometimes her edges are "halfway there").
    I think it's not that Asada, Kim, or Kostner deserves higher PCS, it's just Lip and Sotnikova's PCS were just ridiculous over scored. But to answer your question, absolutely not. I was just comparing Asada's skates to Kim's and Kostner's.

  2. #1472
    Adiós Melon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Mao got higher PCS in the SP, Julia higher PCS in the LP. Why do you think that is? Hint: check the start order.
    Uhm, you said this

    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    PCS marks reflect what is exhibited in the program presented, not how skilled the skater is outside the context of the program. Caro basically skated from element to element for half of her program. Her closing footwork was pure magic though.
    Make up your mind please?

  3. #1473
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,212
    Melon, that's what you get with disingenuous people who rely on ex post facto explanations. Often, they will contradict themselves over and over while they go in circles trying to explain an untruth.

    Honesty never has contradictions. Dishonesty always does.

  4. #1474
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    The amount of the increase is only important if you consider two clean programs. Yuna saw that massive increase over previous clean programs.
    Nope. Joannie skated cleanly previous to the Olympics that season also. Don't have memory of Asada.

    I don't buy that Mao's starting order impacted her SO MUCH that a skater who fell later on could outscore her. Judges should have some standards of measurement when judging the Olympics. If you're telling me that judges for the Olympics cannot be trained well enough through all their previous experiences to keep check of their scores (much less not be swayed by crowd cheering), then the ISU might wanna spend some money on judge training.

  5. #1475
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    Uhm, you said this



    Make up your mind please?
    Eh, this isn't the first time drivingmissdaisy has contradicted herself and flipped-flopped her position.

  6. #1476
    Adiós Melon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    Melon, that's what you get with disingenuous people who rely on ex post facto explanations. Often, they will contradict themselves over and over while they go in circles trying to explain an untruth.

    Honesty never has contradictions. Dishonesty always does.
    Seriously, how many excuses can they make

  7. #1477
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    Make up your mind please?
    How is acknowledging start order matters contradictory? Do you disagree with either (a) start order does affect scores or (b) PCS marks how the skater skates the program, rather than their reputation of how "good" a skater they are?

  8. #1478
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,675
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    I don't buy that Mao's starting order impacted her SO MUCH that a skater who fell later on could outscore her. Judges should have some standards of measurement when judging the Olympics. If you're telling me that judges for the Olympics cannot be trained well enough through all their previous experiences to keep check of their scores (much less not be swayed by crowd cheering), then the ISU might wanna spend some money on judge training.
    Mao got higher PCS than Julia for a program with 3 major errors (vs 1 for Julia). If the judges were so pro-Russian how do you explain that?

  9. #1479
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    How is acknowledging start order matters contradictory?
    You said PCS marks represent what is exhibited in a performance. But then you said the score was affected by starting order, something that has nothing to do with the performance.

    So if the score is affected by one thing that has nothing to do with performance, a logical person would be able to figure out that the score is affected by other things that have nothing to do with the performance.

  10. #1480
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    You said PCS marks represent what is exhibited in a performance. But then you said the score was affected by starting order, something that has nothing to do with the performance.
    PCS marks reflect what is exhibited in a performance. I never said exclusively, as everyone knows start order matters. But PCS is definitely not based on how good a skater is if they don't exhibit those skills in a program. Yuna's flat program could not even be saved by her better start order.

  11. #1481
    Adiós Melon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    How is acknowledging start order matters contradictory? Do you disagree with either (a) start order does affect scores or (b) PCS marks how the skater skates the program, rather than their reputation of how "good" a skater they are?
    PCS marks reflect what is exhibited in the program presented, not how skilled the skater is outside the context of the program
    PCS marks reflect what is exhibited in the program presented, not how skilled the skater is outside the context of the program
    PCS marks reflect what is exhibited in the program presented, not how skilled the skater is outside the context of the program
    PCS marks reflect what is exhibited in the program presented, not how skilled the skater is outside the context of the program

    I don't see anything about start order on your definition of PCS. Or are you just adding excuses to your list to make you feel better? Your excuses would outnumber the posts on this thread. Your posts are more ridiculous than the judges at sochi.

  12. #1482
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    PCS marks reflect what is exhibited in the program presented, not how skilled the skater is outside the context of the program
    PCS marks reflect what is exhibited in the program presented, not how skilled the skater is outside the context of the program
    PCS marks reflect what is exhibited in the program presented, not how skilled the skater is outside the context of the program
    PCS marks reflect what is exhibited in the program presented, not how skilled the skater is outside the context of the program

    I don't see anything about start order on your definition of PCS. Or are you just adding excuses to your list to make you feel better? Your excuses would outnumber the posts on this thread. Your posts are more ridiculous than the judges at sochi.
    Relax. Attacking me for making a statement on PCS isn't making you have a better position, it just shows how desperate Yuna fans are for attacking people who disagree when there is no strong case for giving her gold, at least according to Kwan, Stojko, Lipinski, Weir, and Hamiliton. They are far more high-profile than the many Adelina supporters here so you should try attacking them

  13. #1483
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    689
    ^Cherry-picking points, misinterpreting other people's arguments, and contradicting yourself more than once also doesn't give you "a better position" (w/e that term means).

  14. #1484
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Yuna's flat program could not even be saved by her better start order.
    Yes, her program was so flat, and could not be saved, that she received the highest PCS of her career.

    I think there's little doubt at this point you are intentionally trolling, which I think is against forum rules.

  15. #1485
    Adiós Melon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Relax. Attacking me for making a statement on PCS isn't making you have a better position, it just shows how desperate Yuna fans are for attacking people who disagree when there is no strong case for giving her gold, at least according to Kwan, Stojko, Lipinski, Weir, and Hamiliton. They are far more high-profile than the many Adelina supporters here so you should try attacking them
    You're not Adelina supporter It's okay to be embarrassed on the internet Just make sure next time, stop contradicting your illogical excuses. Let's make this world better, shall we?

Page 99 of 114 FirstFirst ... 49 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •