Thread: Kavaguti and Smirnov will go for Pyeongchang 2018

Hybrid View

Banned

Kavaguti and Smirnov will go for Pyeongchang 2018

full article: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/16177.html

We Yuko decided to pursue a career , hope to play at the next Olympics - said Alexander Smirnov . - Pyeongchang 2018 - now it's our goal . Of course, very sorry that because of my injury we missed home Games in Sochi , because form and we had a great , and programs prepared chic . But as they say , no luck - so unlucky . Now I started to jump in training. Yuko fully supports me , sometimes makes us work (smiling).

good luck but is this really realistic ?
    considering Smirnov's injuries and Yuko's age. they are a sentimental favorite
    but how will their determination materialize until 2018 ? and I thought Savchenko's decision was questionable enough

that would make Yuko 36 in Pyeonchang and Smirnov wrapped in how many bandages
    so Zhenya Plushenko has chance after all

Custom Title
    They were robbed of even trying for sochi due to injury! They should see how far they can go!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    They were robbed of even trying for sochi due to injury! They should see how far they can go!
    injuries unfortunately is part of sport
    and the only thing you cannot control

Custom Title
    Well good for them, I have to say these is little chance for them to medal in 2018.

Custom Title
    Best of luck to them, I wonder if there is also a chance of Tamara continuing with them as well?

Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by JayW View Post
    Well good for them, I have to say these is little chance for them to medal in 2018.
    Why, Pang/Tong nearly got a medal at the age of 34 and they were not Russian

Well, if serious: K/S particularly make me wish that all judging controversies were solved till 2018 so that they could receive whatever the destiny has for them there fair and square. Very courageous guys.

Custom Title
    Wow...very Pluchenko like....I'm afraid time is not on their side....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna K. View Post
    Why, Pang/Tong nearly got a medal at the age of 34 and they were not Russian

Well, if serious: K/S particularly make me wish that all judging controversies were solved till 2018 so that they could receive whatever the destiny has for them there fair and square. Very courageous guys.
    Don't get me wrong, I love their lyrical style. However, even at their heydays, they never had enough technical difficulties, not to mention their consistency.

Custom Title
    It would be hard for them to be competitive. They have been passed by up-and-coming pairs several times.

Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by JayW View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love their lyrical style. However, even at their heydays, they never had enough technical difficulties, not to mention their consistency.
    Uhhh... a quad throw not difficult enough?

Good for them. Hopefully they don't drop down in their country by then, but B/L are not skating that well lately, and I don't know V/T's plans exactly (I remember reading something about them making a comeback later..).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna K. View Post
    Uhhh... a quad throw not difficult enough?
    Sorry, I have to admit that I didn't know they have a quad throw.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    full article: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/16177.html

good luck but is this really realistic ?
    considering Smirnov's injuries and Yuko's age. they are a sentimental favorite
    but how will their determination materialize until 2018 ? and I thought Savchenko's decision was questionable enough

that would make Yuko 36 in Pyeonchang and Smirnov wrapped in how many bandages
    so Zhenya Plushenko has chance after all
    They're my sentimental favorite as well, and I'm glad they're continuing, whether it's realistic or not for them to expect to compete in 2018. Good luck to them, and may they have at least one satisfying World Championships between now and whenever they decide to leave skating. Of course I hope that Moskvina will remain with them in some capacity or another, if not as their fulltime coach. I'm sentimentally attached to her as well.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    I totally forgot they even existed. LOL