Comparing Yuna's 2010 Vancouver LP to Adelina's 2014 Sochi LP.... | Golden Skate

Comparing Yuna's 2010 Vancouver LP to Adelina's 2014 Sochi LP....

Status
Not open for further replies.

wootie

Match Penalty
Since their scores for their long programs were essentially the same when they won gold medals, it would be fun to compare:

Jumps

Flow Across the Ice

Step Sequences

Artistic Interpretation

Overall Quality

Kuan

Final Flight
A realistic comperison would be a joke. When I heard Adelinas marks in television this was the first thing that came up in my mind. I did not need to watch Yuna skate to knew Adelina had won.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does Wootie's anti-crush on Adelina surpass Sky_fly20's actual crush on Gold?

I honestly can't tell who has the a bigger obsession.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Since their scores for their long programs were essentially the same when they won gold medals, it would be fun to compare:

Jumps

Flow Across the Ice

Step Sequences

Artistic Interpretation

Overall Quality

Adelina: Jumps and steps
Yuna: Flow and artistry

As far as quality, it depends what you prefer: artistry or athleticism.

You did leave out spins, which are not an inconsequential element in the IJS.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Now I feel that you are the real Sotnikova hater. You want her to look like a joke.

Lol. This thread was started to bash. It's not serious. Real thoughts are not even welcome in this thread.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
after almost a month, the whining hasnt stopped yet :slink: :laugh:
at least on Adelina's instagram the bots have stopped, looks like Adelina's compatriots are rallying on her instagram making the bots scared

Glen Parry

Rinkside
after almost a month, the whining hasnt stopped yet :slink: :laugh:
at least on Adelina's instagram the bots have stopped, looks like Adelina's compatriots are rallying on her instagram making the bots scared

I think it's more that the bots are being blocked and their threats deleted on her Instagram page (no indication there as to whether she's been put on a warning order for Worlds yet).

BTW. Isn't it a shame that there's no smilies that are either screaming until they're sick, holding they're breath until they're blue in the face, throwing their toys out fo the pram or making teddy stand in the corner? That would save so much typing. ;)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Can't decide whether wootie is just a troll, making thread after thread designed to stir up criticism for Sotnikova, and their counters... or is really that much in need of therapy...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Can't decide whether wootie is just a troll, making thread after thread designed to stir up criticism for Sotnikova, and their counters... or is really that much in need of therapy...

no doubt its a bot, the same topics created over and over again

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think it's more that the bots are being blocked and their threats deleted on her Instagram page (no indication there as to whether she's been put on a warning order for Worlds yet).

BTW. Isn't it a shame that there's no smilies that are either screaming until they're sick, holding they're breath until they're blue in the face, throwing their toys out fo the pram or making teddy stand in the corner? That would save so much typing. ;)

Throwing toys out of the pram would be a fun one to use! Other possibilities: (1) face down on the floor w/ arms flailing/legs kicking; (2) to the blue face, add smoke coming out of the ears. (It's getting late in the day and I'm getting bored. :biggrin:)

Glen Parry

Rinkside
Throwing toys out of the pram would be a fun one to use! Other possibilities: (1) face down on the floor w/ arms flailing/legs kicking; (2) to the blue face, add smoke coming out of the ears. (It's getting late in the day and I'm getting bored. :biggrin:)

:rofl:

I can picture it now, whole threads that consist of nothing but ever more complicated streams of smilies, until we reach the point where every post shows a "head exploding" smiley.

Seriously, even those "controversy" threads where informed opinions and the finer points of the rules are debated can be informative, but the never ceasing stream that fit into the "WE WOZ ROBBED!" category seem to be intended to do little more than wind people up.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Is 160 the highest possible with her program?

Sotnikova was given a base value of 61.43, so if she was given +3 GOE on every element it would mean 22.8 extra points, putting her technical total at 84.23. Highest PCS possible for a female skater is 80, so the highest she could possibly be scored is 164.23 points.

One of the judges scored Sotnikova at 157.93 points.

wootie

Match Penalty
Sotnikova was given a base value of 61.43, so if she was given +3 GOE on every element it would mean 22.8 extra points, putting her technical total at 84.23. Highest PCS possible for a female skater is 80, so the highest she could possibly be scored is 164.23 points.

One of the judges scored Sotnikova at 157.93 points.

I wonder which judge that was?

Status
Not open for further replies.