Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How long will Asada continue?

Medalist
    I mean most skaters are educated in choaching/sport marketing and that's all...Many female skaters (for example Sasha Cohen or Pasha Grishuk) dream of being an actress. Why? Because they think figure skating and acting have something in common? Because it's easier for them to be an actress than a scientist? No offense, I fell in love with figure skating when I was about 10 years old. I know it's not an easy life. But sometimes it's better to be aware that there is other life and other people around you (How many figure skaters are married to someone who is not a skater/a choach/a choreographer? Are they able to have friends who don't belong to figure skating world). Once again sorry if I make mistakes

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kasik8222 View Post
    I agree, Sooner or later every figure skater should find out what else life has to offer. Many female skaters don't have privete life, they don't have children because they devoted all their life for this sport. Most relationships are figure skater-figure skater, figure skater-choach type of relatioship. Their career after retirement is still conected with figure skating. I hardly know skaters who are educated in something else than sport (and I respect those who were able to go their own, different way). Sorry for my english.
    actually every single figure skater of team japan is studying in university ... and three of them had time to have a family while still competing (takahito mura, obunari oda, and miki ando (well her pregnacy didn't really help her quest for a comeback, but she still tried and with some results)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jace93 View Post
    actually every single figure skater of team japan is studying in university ... and three of them had time to have a family while still competing (takahito mura, obunari oda, and miki ando (well her pregnacy didn't really help her quest for a comeback, but she still tried and with some results)
    That's true. Japanese skaters are one of the most hard working in this sport. Their ice time is after midnight due to the popularities of the FS in Japan and they still manage 6-8 hours training a day.No one has the privilege to op out of school or special treatments to take special exams. Hanyu had to wait to finish high-school before moving to Canada. Arakawa did the juggling between last year of her degree and training with Tarasava (the year she won World).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kasik8222 View Post
    I mean most skaters are educated in choaching/sport marketing and that's all...Many female skaters (for example Sasha Cohen or Pasha Grishuk) dream of being an actress. Why? Because they think figure skating and acting have something in common? Because it's easier for them to be an actress than a scientist? No offense, I fell in love with figure skating when I was about 10 years old. I know it's not an easy life. But sometimes it's better to be aware that there is other life and other people around you (How many figure skaters are married to someone who is not a skater/a choach/a choreographer? Are they able to have friends who don't belong to figure skating world). Once again sorry if I make mistakes
    I knew a lot of elite skaters these days have more choice in their education. For example, Jason Brown take Japanese language for his degree, Oda is writing final thesis for his MBA, Ricky Donbush is an engineer student, Arakawa has a business degree and I think Cohen in fact studies Finance.

Rinkside
    Does anybody know if there is a video a Mao's FS at the Olympics? on youtube I just can find a video in bad quality :(

Banned
    Japanese domestic TV broadcasts have bullied Asada severely, i wonder why, using her in live show for good audience rating and asking her nastiest questions about her failure in past competitions. Maybe they want to see her cry on the spot. In winter season Asada's progress and condition will be top news and expectations are highest for her winning gold. But i think judging is not equal. Asada is carefully often unfairly URed where clear UR of others are passed. Asada got personal best score for FS at sochi but it was 3rd. She is watched wherever she goes. Mr.Cinq bet that Asada will be eternal loser because she has no courage and he was right anyway. I think it is natural Asada feels unhappy for her situation.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zilby View Post
    Does anybody know if there is a video a Mao's FS at the Olympics? on youtube I just can find a video in bad quality :(
    I am afraid that you will have to search around gray sites or go through Japanese VPN. IOC uploaded only Adelina's FS, Yuna's SP/FS, Yuzuru's SP/FS, Yulia's team FS, and Plushenko's team FS last time I checked. (YouTube EU via VPN)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pec0 View Post
    Japanese domestic TV broadcasts have bullied Asada severely, i wonder why, using her in live show for good audience rating and asking her nastiest questions about her failure in past competitions.

Journalism these days really stinks around the globe.

Rinkside
    Actually if you go to NBC's Sochi Olympics page and search Mao Asada you'll find her FS (you need to scroll down a bit). Full skate in great quality! There are also other figure skating videos hidden on their site, you just have to dig a bit.

Banned
    According to some japanese tabloid magazine JSF sabotaged her training for her last warmup training and practice period before the Sochi stage. After Asada announced her intention of retirement, Japanese media stopped direct/subtle bullying. Asada will not downgrade her program even though she is hated by majority and world media(because she is not humble?). Her body is at peak now so she can execute 8 triples. 3A is not good for bones. She knows dark side of competitions. So I think she was serious about retirement. Then she saw hell and heaven at Sochi. She is not sure if she should retire even though she knows judges can never be fair.

Banned
    I skated only when i was young in borrowed shoes. I know how difficult the ice is when you should use blades to turn, stop and more and it hurts if you fall on ice(much more I guess when you jump). I want to ask who can do figure skating whatever incidents or happenings at World can make Asada dicide to continue competitive skate.

Rinkside
    zilby:Try this -

www.youtu.be/JoSTXwf_Fuw

Rinkside
    zilby: Scratch the last link. The correct link follows-

http://youtu.be/JoSTXwf_Fuw

Rinkside
    Zilby: or try this-

http://youtu.be/Dbq6VHRHUfM

Rinkside
    pangtongfan- From your lips to G-d's ears.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast