2014 Worlds Junior Ice Dance - Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Junior Ice Dance - Free Dance

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Too bad about M/C, though. I honestly would have had them in front of the Canadians, especially since they were a bit ahead after the short dance. They should be kicking themselves over that deduction.

No problem there, M/C are eligible again next season in the junior circuit
the rest of the top 5 have to move up to seniors because of the new age rule

caitie

Medalist
No problem there, M/C are eligible again next season in the junior circuit
the rest of the top 5 have to move up to seniors because of the new age rule

Yes, their results are good for being so young.

Carpenter is 19 so how much longer is he eligible? Is it still to 21 (as of July something) for the guy?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

Carpenter is 19 so how much longer is he eligible? Is it still to 21 (as of July something) for the guy?

Quinn turned 18 in February. He won't be 19 until 2015, so he still has one more Junior season.

caitie

Medalist
Oh, whoops! Thank you for correcting me.

The Russians actually won the free dance by juuust shy of a point, btw.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

I believe 19,
but Quinn will turn 19 next year before July 1st so they are still eligible for 1 more junior season

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I have to rewatch the FD, how on earth did H/B got those generous TES :scowl:

their hype is bleh, well see how they do in seniors
their obvious ratio will definitely be an impact and hindrance.
Mcnamara / Carpenter have better long term future, Hawayek needs to start looking for a new partner this summer

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Kaitlin and Jean-Luc!

I thought that all of the medalists skated fabulously, well done!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Balkov corrupt fixing for h/b

Baloney! Nazarova/Nikitin moved up to 4th in the FD from 7th in the SD. There was no UKR judge in the SD. Some of the teams crushed on the way were the Koreans and McNamara and Carpenter. They had to get lower marks so UKR could look better, at least in the FD standings.

There was NO way N/N was going to beat H/B, though. But I'm darned sure Balkov helped Y/M edge H/B in the FD.

tjskate

Rinkside
Congratulations to Jean-Luc and Kaitlin! A very well-deserved win, I think that's the best they ever skated that program; their footwork sequence was so close together and in perfect unison, to die for. Looking forward to watching them continue to develop.

There's a lot of talent coming up - I was very impressed with the Canadians Edwards/Pang also!

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Can't be any prouder of Kaitlyn and Jean-Luc. After the Grand Prix these kids really focused and worked their butts off. Congrats to Krylova, Camerlengo, Scali, Annenko Deller and Swallow. This Free Dance was sensational and choreography was superb. Save travels home - Well have a parade up Dennison Street.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Can't be any prouder of Kaitlyn and Jean-Luc. After the Grand Prix these kids really focused and worked their butts off. Congrats to Krylova, Camerlengo, Scali, Annenko Deller and Swallow. This Free Dance was sensational and choreography was superb. Save travels home - Well have a parade up Dennison Street.

Congrats to all at DSC, Turbo-Mom. :)

(And congrats to you re Aldridge/Eaton's trip to Worlds. Are you going with them? Excited for you.)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Yup, they knew what they had to do to win JW and they did it! I knew they could and am so happy for them!