Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gala- "We are the Champions"

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar

News Gala- "We are the Champions"

Gala concert "WE - CHAMPIONS!"

Ilya Averbukh and company "Ice Symphony" together with the Russian Figure Skating Federation represent Gala concert "WE - THE CHAMPIONS".

The show will be held April 27, 2014 at Small Sports Arena "Luzhniki". Starting at 18.00.

Participants of the show - star of world figure skating champions and winners of the Olympic Winter Games in different years, European and world champions. This legendary athletes, idol of millions of viewers, the keepers of the best traditions of the Soviet and Russian figure skating.

The show will be attended by:

Adelina Sotnikova Olympic champions Alexei Yagudin, Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin
    Olympic champions in the team standings Julia Lipnitskaya Ekaterina Bobrova and Dmitry Solovyov,
    Olympic bronze medalist Oksana Domnina and Maxim Shabalin
    European champions Yuko Kawaguchi and Alexander Smirnov,
    European bronze medalist Konstantin Menchov,
    Russian champion Maxim Kovtun
    as well as

two-time world champions Albena Denkova and Maxim Stavisky,
    multiple champions Lithuanian Margarita Drobiazko and Povilas Vanagas,
    The double world champion among professionals Elena Leonova and Andrei Hvalko,
    world champions in ice acrobatics Vladimir Besedin and Alexei Polishchuk
    and many others ...

You forgot Putin.............

Putin has a meeting with the ISU tech panel in regards to next years GP series on that day. All these talented jumping beans are really beginning to cut into his work week.

Medalist
    For a moment there, when you mentioned Putin I actually thought: "Wait- What? Putin is going to skate too? But has he skate before? I mean he's pretty old and I don't think he can do it! Someone should stop him."

Quote Originally Posted by sajoya View Post
    For a moment there, when you mentioned Putin I actually thought: "Wait- What? Putin is going to skate too? But has he skate before? I mean he's pretty old and I don't think he can do it! Someone should stop him."
    Putin does skate!! He plays hockey and from what I've read it's fairly regularly. So sadly he probably lacks in toe assisted jumps.

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Who dare stop him, he as black belt in karate (Or it is Judo?). He could deliver the program well, I suppose.

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-skwantch View Post
    putin does skate!! He plays hockey and from what i've read it's fairly regularly. So sadly he probably lacks in toe assisted jumps.
    toepick!

Medalist
    OOOHHHH!! I wasn't expecting that answer Interesting... I mean he doesn't have to go all out. They can just give him a stick and puck and from there he can do whatever he wants. Surprise us, Mr. Putin

Custom Title
    Maybe he will break a hip.

Medalist
    Thank you for announcement, Sam-Skwantch. I already bought the tickets. My girlfriend sews a toy for Julia! We love her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    Thank you for announcement, Sam-Skwantch. I already bought the tickets. My girlfriend sews a toy for Julia! We love her.
    Record it and post a video!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    She puts pictures of the bears she gets on hers and her official fan page. Maybe well see it there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    She puts pictures of the bears she gets on hers and her official fan page. Maybe well see it there.
    Which one is it? There is a page https://www.facebook.com/YuliaLipnitskaya, but it apppars to be run by her fans not her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Putin has a meeting with the ISU tech panel in regards to next years GP series on that day. All these talented jumping beans are really beginning to cut into his work week.
    good one

She doesn't use FB. Russian equivalent is VK.
    http://m.vk.com/id69994512

Here is a fan page that has a lot of info and has to be run by someone pretty close to her considering some of the photos.

http://m.vk.com/julia_lipnitskaya

You may need to set up a VK account to view it all though. There is an English version of VK but youll need a translator app or something to read posts if you don't read Russian.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast