Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gala- "We are the Champions"

Hybrid View

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar

News Gala- "We are the Champions"

Gala concert "WE - CHAMPIONS!"

Ilya Averbukh and company "Ice Symphony" together with the Russian Figure Skating Federation represent Gala concert "WE - THE CHAMPIONS".

The show will be held April 27, 2014 at Small Sports Arena "Luzhniki". Starting at 18.00.

Participants of the show - star of world figure skating champions and winners of the Olympic Winter Games in different years, European and world champions. This legendary athletes, idol of millions of viewers, the keepers of the best traditions of the Soviet and Russian figure skating.

The show will be attended by:

Adelina Sotnikova Olympic champions Alexei Yagudin, Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin
    Olympic champions in the team standings Julia Lipnitskaya Ekaterina Bobrova and Dmitry Solovyov,
    Olympic bronze medalist Oksana Domnina and Maxim Shabalin
    European champions Yuko Kawaguchi and Alexander Smirnov,
    European bronze medalist Konstantin Menchov,
    Russian champion Maxim Kovtun
    as well as

two-time world champions Albena Denkova and Maxim Stavisky,
    multiple champions Lithuanian Margarita Drobiazko and Povilas Vanagas,
    The double world champion among professionals Elena Leonova and Andrei Hvalko,
    world champions in ice acrobatics Vladimir Besedin and Alexei Polishchuk
    and many others ...

You forgot Putin.............

Putin has a meeting with the ISU tech panel in regards to next years GP series on that day. All these talented jumping beans are really beginning to cut into his work week.

Medalist
    For a moment there, when you mentioned Putin I actually thought: "Wait- What? Putin is going to skate too? But has he skate before? I mean he's pretty old and I don't think he can do it! Someone should stop him."

Quote Originally Posted by sajoya View Post
    For a moment there, when you mentioned Putin I actually thought: "Wait- What? Putin is going to skate too? But has he skate before? I mean he's pretty old and I don't think he can do it! Someone should stop him."
    Putin does skate!! He plays hockey and from what I've read it's fairly regularly. So sadly he probably lacks in toe assisted jumps.

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-skwantch View Post
    putin does skate!! He plays hockey and from what i've read it's fairly regularly. So sadly he probably lacks in toe assisted jumps.
    toepick!

Medalist
    OOOHHHH!! I wasn't expecting that answer Interesting... I mean he doesn't have to go all out. They can just give him a stick and puck and from there he can do whatever he wants. Surprise us, Mr. Putin

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Who dare stop him, he as black belt in karate (Or it is Judo?). He could deliver the program well, I suppose.

Custom Title
    Maybe he will break a hip.

Thank you for announcement, Sam-Skwantch. I already bought the tickets. My girlfriend sews a toy for Julia! We love her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Putin has a meeting with the ISU tech panel in regards to next years GP series on that day. All these talented jumping beans are really beginning to cut into his work week.
    good one

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cuon_alpinus View Post
    good one
    Sam was ironic.

I agree. I was being sarcastic up there. Guess it didn't work. I was disappointed and appalled at her performance.
    I don't think you are disappointed at all. You made it very clear before (in those replicas of topics about how bad she is, and how she "stoled" the OGM) that you were appalled by her performance.
    So I really don't know what are you doing in this topic. Do you want to transform this in another bashing Adelina topic?!

Custom Title
    Just wanted to bring it up as I am going to it the day after tomorrow.

They are touring many Russian cities. In one city Yulia was asked: How is your life after Sochi? - When I go into a store, someone will surely shout: "Wow! Lipnitskaia!" And all the customers run to have a photo session. I am already tired of it. Go into a bus with a cap and dark glasses but they recognize me anyway.

Then Yagudin added: we come to practice every day and also say: "Wow! Lipnitskaia!"

Custom Title
    Proudly presenting the Ladies Olympic Gold Medalist Gala Performance. "We are the champion" 2014

Swan Lake by Adelina Sotnikova

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giAMQMx5usU

Wow she is eye-provoking, amusing, conspicuous, unpredictable. What a woman!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cuon_alpinus View Post
    Proudly presenting the Ladies Olympic Gold Medalist Gala Performance. "We are the champion" 2014

Swan Lake by Adelina Sotnikova

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giAMQMx5usU
    I like the modern take on the concept with the shift dress and unitard. It's certainly unorthodox in terms of presentation. We often get so many literal interpretations that this one is refreshing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast