Gala- "We are the Champions" | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Gala- "We are the Champions"

cuon_alpinus

On the Ice
Adelina seems to catch some essences of modern dance.

It is bit rough though, some refinement is needed, just like most of her programs.

I agree. I was being sarcastic up there. Guess it didn't work. I was disappointed and appalled at her performance.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Great performance, I loved it, but make sure you stay away from the comments. I am surprised to see thugs in the figure skating world. Worse than European soccer. Liverpool would be proud! I guess Yuna should be proud of her fans too :laugh:
While I do think that Sotnikova's performance here is nowhere near refinement, I am baffled by the comments. I guess even Yuna would find these comments unnecessarily vicious. :sarcasm:

Alba

Record Breaker
Great performance, I loved it, but make sure you stay away from the comments. I am surprised to see thugs in the figure skating world. Worse than European soccer. Liverpool would be proud! I guess Yuna should be proud of her fans too :laugh:

I think you're offending Liverpool fans by comparing them with those so called figure skating fans.:mad:

Alba

Record Breaker
Putin has a meeting with the ISU tech panel in regards to next years GP series on that day. All these talented jumping beans are really beginning to cut into his work week.

Sam was ironic. ;)

I agree. I was being sarcastic up there. Guess it didn't work. I was disappointed and appalled at her performance.

I don't think you are disappointed at all. You made it very clear before (in those replicas of topics about how bad she is, and how she "stoled" the OGM) that you were appalled by her performance.
So I really don't know what are you doing in this topic. Do you want to transform this in another bashing Adelina topic?! :rolleye:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Just wanted to bring it up as I am going to it the day after tomorrow.

They are touring many Russian cities. In one city Yulia was asked: How is your life after Sochi? - When I go into a store, someone will surely shout: "Wow! Lipnitskaia!" And all the customers run to have a photo session. I am already tired of it. Go into a bus with a cap and dark glasses but they recognize me anyway.

Then Yagudin added: we come to practice every day and also say: "Wow! Lipnitskaia!"

Meoima

Match Penalty
Same thing happened to her in Japan, where she is very loved. Poor little girl. But I suppose that is the price of success.

Rhodium

On the Ice
Kovtun was introduced as "a good average skater" by Averbukh at Moscow show :laugh:
Julia was the queen of the night. She nailed 3T and four 3F (unexpectedly!) at her SL program :clap: And also skated the short program. She did neither the new spin nor 4T.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Kovtun was introduced as "a good average skater" by Averbukh at Moscow show :laugh:
Julia was the queen of the night. She nailed 3T and four 3F (unexpectedly!) at her SL program :clap: And also skated the short program. She did neither the new spin nor 4T.

She was fantastic with Shindler's list. I did not count four 3F - may be just did not pay enough attention. In the second half while doing her SP she did two clean 3T but failed a 3F. Adelina on the other hand had no luck with jumps before the break, although overall I enjoyed her Swan Lake. After the break she did nicely 2A, 3F, and 3T during "Come together". In the end they did a parallel 3T with Yulia.

Slutskaia (mother of 2 kids) skated very nicely, performed Bielmann and tried 3L, unsuccessfully.

Overall the show was amazing, the mood was very warm, the audience was very appreciative to everyone. I think with the men the crowd was the loudest after the second performance of Stéphane Lambiel. There were very few empty seats - they said that the crowd was 7-8 thousand strong. One thing though - it is not a tradition here for a standing ovation. As the noise after Yulia's clean SL was very loud, Averbukh himself suggested everyone to stand up - and everybody did. It's just a remark - for me the notion of standing ovation as a necessary element of the good audience is sort of far-fetched. Hope, all show participants tonight felt well-appreciated.

Yes, Averbukh was harsh on Pluschenko, saying that he will never again perform for Russia so that our hopes are with other athletes now.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes, Averbukh was harsh on Pluschenko, saying that he will never again perform for Russia so that our hopes are with other athletes now.

Ha, I see Averbukh is still bitter about that fact that Plushenko started his own show tour instead of joining Averbukh's and making Averbukh a lot of money...

And the comments on that Adelina video are disgusting. The Yunafans have really outdone themselves this time and I hope Yuna is retired simply so these revolting people can be removed from our sport.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
@karne
Despite this being the season of "We can't stop competing!" I think Yuna is truly gone. In a way, I'm sad, because she really was a beautiful skater. But her uber-fans are just... wow. (Not talking about all fans, of which I could be considered one, just the ones that have no respect for any other skater).

At the risk of getting myself ripped apart: I liked Adelina's show performance--a very unique take on the music. Just wished she'd gotten a costume change--I understood what she was going for but the weird nightgown/unitard situation is too much. There's a way of going modern without going dial 1-800-get-a-new-stylist.

NQShamrock

Rinkside
Although Adelina isn't my favorite skater and I don't like her Swan Lake, I think she has made an improvement since the first time I saw it. She is trying to make her own style but has not been muture and attracted yet. She should watch and learn more from Daisuke's Swan Lake