Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gala- "We are the Champions"

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    The main discovery of the Sochi Olympics - Julia Lipnitskaya - tabs at the bottom
    Show "Ice Age" will be held April 16
    Whole galaxy of the greatest stars of figure skating can see Nizhny Novgorod in the project "Ice Age." Among the famous athletes who arrive in Nizhny Novgorod, and 15-year-old Olympic champion Julia Lipnitskaya, which became the main opening of the Games in Sochi and the real idol for millions of Russians.

On April 16 Nagorno ice sports palace will come Alexei Yagudin, Tatyana Navka, Roman Kostomarov, Tatiana Totmianina, Maxim Marinin, Maria Petrova and Alexei Tikhonov, Margarita Drobiazko, Povilas Vanagas, Albena Denkova Maxim Stavisky, Oksana Domnina, Maxim Shabalin, Vladimir Besedin Alexei Polishchuk.

- New ideas, new solutions set design, modern facilities and special effects - all this makes projects legendary Ilya Averbuch this unforgettable show - organizers assure.

Custom Title
    Proudly presenting the Ladies Olympic Gold Medalist Gala Performance. "We are the champion" 2014

Swan Lake by Adelina Sotnikova

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giAMQMx5usU

Wow she is eye-provoking, amusing, conspicuous, unpredictable. What a woman!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cuon_alpinus View Post
    Proudly presenting the Ladies Olympic Gold Medalist Gala Performance. "We are the champion" 2014

I like the modern take on the concept with the shift dress and unitard. It's certainly unorthodox in terms of presentation. We often get so many literal interpretations that this one is refreshing.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Gala concert "WE - CHAMPIONS!"

Ilya Averbukh and company "Ice Symphony" together with the Russian Figure Skating Federation represent Gala concert "WE - THE CHAMPIONS".

The show will be held April 27, 2014 at Small Sports Arena "Luzhniki". Starting at 18.00..
    Thanks for the reference. Just bought the tickets. There is still quite a good availability. I think prices could be better. They range from $25 to $200. But where else could one see Slutskaia live? I wonder what she is capable of these days.

But who is supposed to drive the crowd is quite obvious from the show's banner: http://ice-show.ru/proekty/gala-konc...chempiony.html

Custom Title

Great performance, I loved it, but make sure you stay away from the comments. I am surprised to see thugs in the figure skating world. Worse than European soccer. Liverpool would be proud! I guess Yuna should be proud of her fans too

Custom Title

Adelina seems to catch some essences of modern dance.

It is bit rough though, some refinement is needed, just like most of her programs.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by JayW View Post
    Adelina seems to catch some essences of modern dance.

It is bit rough though, some refinement is needed, just like most of her programs.
    I agree. I was being sarcastic up there. Guess it didn't work. I was disappointed and appalled at her performance.

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CezarMart View Post
    Great performance, I loved it, but make sure you stay away from the comments. I am surprised to see thugs in the figure skating world. Worse than European soccer. Liverpool would be proud! I guess Yuna should be proud of her fans too
    While I do think that Sotnikova's performance here is nowhere near refinement, I am baffled by the comments. I guess even Yuna would find these comments unnecessarily vicious.

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CezarMart View Post
    I think you're offending Liverpool fans by comparing them with those so called figure skating fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I think you're offending Liverpool fans by comparing them with those so called figure skating fans.
    True, they are not figure skating fans but crazy ubers blind by nationalism.

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Putin has a meeting with the ISU tech panel in regards to next years GP series on that day. All these talented jumping beans are really beginning to cut into his work week.
    good one
    Sam was ironic.

I agree. I was being sarcastic up there. Guess it didn't work. I was disappointed and appalled at her performance.
    I don't think you are disappointed at all. You made it very clear before (in those replicas of topics about how bad she is, and how she "stoled" the OGM) that you were appalled by her performance.
    So I really don't know what are you doing in this topic. Do you want to transform this in another bashing Adelina topic?!

Custom Title
    Just wanted to bring it up as I am going to it the day after tomorrow.

They are touring many Russian cities. In one city Yulia was asked: How is your life after Sochi? - When I go into a store, someone will surely shout: "Wow! Lipnitskaia!" And all the customers run to have a photo session. I am already tired of it. Go into a bus with a cap and dark glasses but they recognize me anyway.

Then Yagudin added: we come to practice every day and also say: "Wow! Lipnitskaia!"

Same thing happened to her in Japan, where she is very loved. Poor little girl. But I suppose that is the price of success.

Tripping on the Podium
    Kovtun was introduced as "a good average skater" by Averbukh at Moscow show
    Julia was the queen of the night. She nailed 3T and four 3F (unexpectedly!) at her SL program And also skated the short program. She did neither the new spin nor 4T.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    Kovtun was introduced as "a good average skater" by Averbukh at Moscow show
    Julia was the queen of the night. She nailed 3T and four 3F (unexpectedly!) at her SL program And also skated the short program. She did neither the new spin nor 4T.
    She was fantastic with Shindler's list. I did not count four 3F - may be just did not pay enough attention. In the second half while doing her SP she did two clean 3T but failed a 3F. Adelina on the other hand had no luck with jumps before the break, although overall I enjoyed her Swan Lake. After the break she did nicely 2A, 3F, and 3T during "Come together". In the end they did a parallel 3T with Yulia.

Slutskaia (mother of 2 kids) skated very nicely, performed Bielmann and tried 3L, unsuccessfully.

Overall the show was amazing, the mood was very warm, the audience was very appreciative to everyone. I think with the men the crowd was the loudest after the second performance of Stéphane Lambiel. There were very few empty seats - they said that the crowd was 7-8 thousand strong. One thing though - it is not a tradition here for a standing ovation. As the noise after Yulia's clean SL was very loud, Averbukh himself suggested everyone to stand up - and everybody did. It's just a remark - for me the notion of standing ovation as a necessary element of the good audience is sort of far-fetched. Hope, all show participants tonight felt well-appreciated.

Yes, Averbukh was harsh on Pluschenko, saying that he will never again perform for Russia so that our hopes are with other athletes now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast