Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Steven Spielberg thanks Lipnitskaya for playing girl in red of Schindler's List

Hybrid View

Banned

Steven Spielberg thanks Lipnitskaya for playing girl in red of Schindler's List

Full article is on the link
    http://www.eurosport.ru/figure-skati...o4173569.shtml

Letter from the famous American writer and filmmaker , directed personally Olympic champion in figure skating , was praised comparable with gold of the Games in Sochi, said personal trainer Lipnitskaya Etery Tutberidze .

" Julia herself in the hands of this letter has not yet been held . It was late in a person who was supposed to convey. The letter says thanks for the fact that I could carry the image of the girl in the red coat ( from the film ) through speech - quoted Tutberidze RIA "Novosti" . - I think that for us this praise on par with the gold medal of the Games . "
    also Julia was offered to star in a role for one of Speilberg's new films said Julia's mother in late February.
    I just hope Spielberg includes Gracie Gold too along with Julia
    if he ever does invite cameos for his new films

* also mentioned Julia thought of quitting had she won gold in individuals because the Olympics cycle was already a huge pressure
    but now she plans to continue

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Full article is on the link

also Julia was offered to star in a role for one of Speilberg's new films said Julia's mother in late February.
    I just hope Spielberg includes Gracie Gold too along with Julia
    if he ever does invite cameos for his new films

* also mentioned Julia thought of quitting had she won gold in individuals because the Olympics cycle was already a huge pressure
    but now she plans to continue
    Lol...I already started a thread on this.

Edit- I guess I just put it in fan fest.

Custom Title
    Good for Julia. Her program in the team and euros was great and now new people know all about SL and maybe even the holocaust

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Good for Julia. Her program in the team and euros was great and now new people know all about SL and maybe even the holocaust
    also her coached said Speilberg congratulating Julia was as good as gold in individuals, lol
    maybe she will appear in some cameos in films along with Gracie Gold, one can dream

Custom Title
    And Tarasova has the perfect look to play a femme fatale and a damsel in distress in one flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by usethis2 View Post
    And Tarasova has the perfect look to play a femme fatale and a damsel in distress in one flesh.
    you say this frequently I'm beginning to think one day you'll start believing it

Sometimes young skaters are so praised for their potential that they stop developing their skills (cough, like Plush) and artistry. They were awarded gold medals before they've reached their potential, so why bother developing? Sometimes just realizing 30-50% of your potential is good enough to win during splatfests.

Dai was someone whose senior debut wasn't that impressive but he developed into one of the most artistic men in figure skating history.

Before this turns into a bash Sky_fly20 via Gracie thread I want to say that Yulia having the courage to do such a controversial theme was very admirable. So many of my friends who do not watch FS at all come up to me and say"OMG...what do you think about Yulia" and"she really makes me feel the emotion of the little girl in the red coat" or in some cases "I watched SL for the first time because of her". The fact is she brought a character and a tragic event to the forefront of the worlds attention. The Ukranian Jewish Society named a star after her and a Jewish Journal based in LA thanked her and said "may we never forget". Not bad for a 15 yr old.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    The Ukranian Jewish Society named a star after her and a Jewish Journal based in LA thanked her and said "may we never forget". Not bad for a 15 yr old.
    really ? any articles about this

http://www.jewishjournal.com/martini...hindler_on_ice

They discuss the controversy of using SL in figure skating but ultimately say she is bold and in fact doing it in a repressive state such as Russia is even more bold and worthy of praise!!

http://evreiskiy.kiev.ua/zvezda-the-...-na-12819.html

Translation:

15-year-old figure skater Yulia Lipnitskaya won the hearts of audiences around the world. Her performance at the Olympics in Sochi shocked with judges skill, polished performance techniques, soulfulness and sincerity. In the word "artistry" is something artificial and Julia seem natural and peculiar only to teenagers youthful maximalism. It can that can not afford the older and more experienced skaters. Its "gold" in the Sochi Olympics included not only in the history of the sport, it has entered into the hearts of people.

Young skater skating sports fans delivered aesthetic pleasure. But other than that, the performance of Julia Lipnitskaya contributed to preserving the memory of the Holocaust, and much larger than the activities of the efforts of many Jewish and non-Jewish public organizations. Lipnitskaya managed to revive the memory of the Jewish tragedy, even in the hearts of those who was not a direct participant or witness to the tragic events.

Her "girl in red coat" from "Schindler's List" came to life in front of an audience of spectators around the world in penetrating skating on ice. Do you remember the "Schindler's List", he black and white. Often, it looks so carried from one year to the event in memory of the victims of the Holocaust of the Jewish people. When the film appears a little girl in a red coat in Schindler's minds there is a fracture. - Faceless weight being shot in the ghetto Jews converted in the heart of Schindler in the real people who lived, had a family, raising children, dreaming about the future.

At the Olympics only give medals for sporting success. Olympic award for his contribution to the transfer memory of the Holocaust victims, alas, are not provided.

Because Ukrainian public organization "Ukrainian Independent Council of Jewish Women" has decided to name a star «The Girl in red coat» and give it to the Olympic champion Yulia Lipnitskaya.

"Julia Lipnitskaya showed the world today, after more than 70 years after the terrible tragedy of the Jewish people, the girl in the red coat of" Schindler's List. " This girl in the Oscar-winning film by Steven Spielberg turned life Schindler, she melted his heart, she healed him from the terrible disease of mankind - indifference. Oskar Schindler saved from death in the gas chambers of more people than anyone in the history of war. Julia demonstrated to the world not only the highest sportsmanship. For its human feat she can give the title of Righteous Among the Nations. But this title we can not assign. So we decided to name a star «The Girl in red coat» and give it to Julia Lipnitskaya. This bright star Julia and will belong to all people. It will shine every day and remind humanity of the girl in the red coat and the horrors of the Holocaust, which should not be repeated in any form anywhere on the planet, "- said the president of an independent Ukrainian Council of Jewish Women, the chief editor of the media project" Kiev Jewish "Eleanor Groisman.

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Exactly. Because that's why Spielberg made SL in the first place. Good for Yulia, indeed!

And please, no more comments re: blondes/aryan looks, not even as a joke. Too much potential for interpretation/mis-interpretation.

Custom Title
    Oh, and people would not know about holocaust otherwise???? Maybe our schools are just better, LOL.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Oh, and people would not know about holocaust otherwise???? Maybe our schools are just better, LOL.
    outside Europe and North America, it isn't taught
    in history or social studies

Custom Title
    There are plenty of great films that deal with the Holocaust.

The specific criticism about Spielberg back in the day was not about the cinematic qualities of the Film, Which is a brilliant piece of cinema,
    But rather that he wanted to be viewed more respectably by his peers which is why he chose this subject, And the work is not a personal one,
    Then again enough people were happy that this story was directed by the highest profile director, Though a lot of people felt specific scenes were
    kind of evasive from going too far, Or too artistically made, Like the shower scene mentioned before where instead of being gassed the women are being watered, Thus missing the hole point of bringing the story of the most despicable genocide in the world's history to film.

Kinda like when he made "Munich" and a lot of Israelis where happy that the story would get a film treatment, Only to be let down when realising it's based on a book that focuses on the actions taken by the israeli government and Mossad afterwords, And the questions they raised.

Personnaly i'm happy with both films.

Regarding Lipnitskaya, I do agree she is not quite there yet in her performance, But i don't agree she isn't expressive,
    I think she's about to be a great performer and i love that she's into Film.

The program is a tad too much though
    But whatever

Custom Title
    No, Yulia is very expressive. Comparing, for example, to Yuna who is icy cold and expressionless, Yulia is emotional without having to act emotional. She is natural. She doesn't even know she is emotional. She doesn't even have to do any acting to be a Jewish girl, because when she performs she somehow IS that Jewish girl. And the power of it is that she doesn't even realize that. That's why it is so emotionally strong and captivating.
    When Kim Yuna performs she is very self-indulgent. She is showing "look, I am a diva". And she acts a diva.
    Yulia is just a girl who is portraying a girl. And it's really haunting.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast