Can't call this a surprise

Can't say i blame the guy

Any prospects for him for the future ?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Translation via an app I purchased. I usually try to tidy up and fix some lost translations but I'm getting tired..sorry.

Alexei Mishin: "Gachinsky experienced some jealousy Plushenko"

March 14 15:13

Tags Evgeni Plushenko Arthur Gachinsky team Russia Alexei Mishin male skating

Figure skating coach Alexei Mishin said information on the care of his group Gachinskogo Arthur.

"Gachinsky probably experienced some jealousy Plushenko. Smart coaches, smart professionals will see what I created, what I have been vaccinated. Divorces of couples were there and would like transitions athletes from coach to coach there were and will be. And I take it very quietly.

He was always very polite and friendly with me, I always appreciated. But apparently, Arthur needed some new decor to normalize. I ask whether there is in figure skating administrative resource?

They say that Plushenko was selected for the Olympics because of the administrative resource. But there is an administrative resource for the athlete, who from Moscow. That is an athlete who goes to Moscow will certainly use it, "- said in an interview Mishin FSNews.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
*unhappy sigh*

Yes, but I understand Artur. Artur needs some new things, new ideas, new approaches. Because for Artur the biggest problem isn't Plushy he finished the competitive sport.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Can't read Russian

Can't call this a surprise

Can't say i blame the guy

Any prospects for him for the future ?

he's done apparently he is moving to Sokolovkaya's group

The Grimm Reaper of all coaches in the figure skating world

volk

Final Flight
Another disgruntled student.... my, Mishin, do you have an assembly line?

Mishin tends to put all eggs in one basket, in this case Plushenko. Naturally others would feel neglected. It was a good thing for Yagudin, but Arthur is probably a lost cause. I guess now that Mishin will concentrate on Petrov. This boy has better skating skill than Plushenko at this age and Mishin can help him with jumps.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I dont gets aging now though If plushenko was a problem? His careers over. Not in shows or anything i think but how coach oriented is a kings on ice program? Anyway it look like petrov is now mishin number one.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
He does that a lot, doesn't he:laugh: He's like a serial dater.

Mishin is fickle
he is only loyal to one skater and that is Plushenko and has the results to back it up

right now Gachinski is a lost cause
so it is normal to focus on a young , 14 year old, fresh talented young skater like Petrov
I also think he will lose interest in Tuktamishevaas Mishin typically coaches men and besides he has a new star girl 11 years old Naugumova

aschiutza

On the Ice
I think that between Mishin and Plushenko is a kind of relationship who is very seldom between a coach and his student. They understand eachother very well, Plushenko could do all the tricks Mishin wanted to develop, he was very hard working, was the perfect match, the friendship went further than expected. Now it is not the fault of neither Mishin or Plushenko, such things are like that. So the other students of Mishin would better not compare their relationship with Mishin with those between M und P, but with the kind of relationship Mishin has with the other students.

The title of the thread is a little bit missleading as Mishin said "probably" ...

BlackPack

Medalist
It is obvious to everyone that Mishin and Plush have a very special soulmate connection (I don't mean in the romantic sense). However, Mishin is supposed to be a professional and try to do his best to help whomever he accepts to be in his care and guidance. This pattern of abandoning students as soon as they run into problems or not living up to Plushenko's standards is bad.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
It is obvious to everyone that Mishin and Plush have a very special soulmate connection (I don't mean in the romantic sense). However, Mishin is supposed to be a professional and try to do his best to help whomever he accepts to be in his care and guidance. This pattern of abandoning students as soon as they run into problems or not living up to Plushenko's standards is bad.

Gachinski has been given so many opportunities by Mishin since he was young
patience is not forever, Mishin is not abandanong skaters, he is just grooming his new star pupil Petrov

moviechick

On the Ice
If Mishin is waiting for some kid to be the next Plushenko, then he should just quit now cause its unlikely to ever repeat. He needs to realize that not everyone is going to show up with prodigious talent and it's his job to help them work to their strengths.

Really, I'm sure after coaching Plush, he's going to find coaching more average skaters to be underwhelming so he might just want to retire and just do some technical workshops instead coaching someone full time.

aschiutza

On the Ice
Mishin stopped focusing on and dumped Gachinski,
his new star pupil is 14 year old Petrov[/

I wonder, how do you people knows that? Were you at their practices or from where are you finding these informations?

I mean, in all interviews Mishin was very protective to Gachinsky, while other coaches speaked more clear words why something worked or not, he gave a lot of support to Gachinsky or to Tut. They went to good choreographs and the last programs of Gachinsky were good constructed.

Why do you get then the impression of neglect to him?

I have nothing against Gachinsky moving to someone else, there are a lot of skaters who needs difference experiences and approaches, especially when they are not developing further. But developing is not only a matter of the coach, but also a matter of the skater himself. In a relationship student/Coach there are two persons involved, so i don't understand why everybody gives the fault to Mishin.

There were a lot of times when Plushenko even was not training or was injured or doing his shows, so he had not the attention of Mishin only for him.