Mishin: Gachinski was jealous of Plushenko | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mishin: Gachinski was jealous of Plushenko

JayW

Final Flight
Here in the west, coach-student relationship is essentially employee and employer. Should one party feels unhappy, she/he could simply moves on, at least in most cases it is true. However this situation reminds me of Yagudin-Plushy duel, and it makes me whonder:

1) there is something deeper between Mishin and his studuents, of course not in bad ways.
2) Mishin may use the rivalry of his students as the stimulants.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Mishin gave a lot of support to Gachinski when he was struggling, hardly saying one negative word about him in the press even when the rest of Russia was dogpiling on him.

Honestly, Artur should leave Russia and train away from home. Only, I would worry that that would destroy what little standing he has left with the RFSF.

I still don't like this as a decision especially considering the likely outcome. But if this is Artur starting to reassert himself and starting to back himself again then I guess I can support that.

The sky_flys of this world still want him to hang himself in shame, but I'll never stop believing.

What Mishin tried to first and foremost give to Gachinski is 'Plushenko's jump technique.' And it didn't work. Mishin's problem is his fixation on this ideal of a perfect jump technique instead of working around the strengths and weaknesses of his skaters. It worked with Plushenko but he was a one in a million talent.

BlackPack

Medalist
Yeah Mishin supported Gachinski when he was younger, when he still looked like he might develop into Plush 2.0. It didn't happen, so on he goes.

LRK

Record Breaker
Yeah Mishin supported Gachinski when he was younger, when he still looked like he might develop into Plush 2.0. It didn't happen, so on he goes.

Oh? I thought it was Gachinsky's own decision to leave? So, tell me, what inside intel do you have that says that Mishin booted him out?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What Mishin tried to first and foremost give to Gachinski is 'Plushenko's jump technique.' And it didn't work. Mishin's problem is his fixation on this ideal of a perfect jump technique instead of working around the strengths and weaknesses of his skaters. It worked with Plushenko but he was a one in a million talent.

The jump technique certainly did work. Artur's 3A is still one of the biggest and best in the world and he almost never misses it.

The jump technique certainly did work. Artur's 3A is still one of the biggest and best in the world and he almost never misses it.

It's definitely very good technique but he's been struggling with overall consistency. I'd classify Mishin's approach as 'high risk, high reward.' If all of the stars align themselves, the end effect is great. With Plushenko it worked because he was such an extraordinary, unique talent and had an excellent work ethic as well.

BlackPack

Medalist
Oh? I thought it was Gachinsky's own decision to leave? So, tell me, what inside intel do you have that says that Mishin booted him out?

I wasn't commenting on who left whom. I was commenting on how often students leave Mishin vice versa, having felt they weren't his priority.

If you got problems with me, take it to PM, not here.

aschiutza

On the Ice
Well, students leaves from all coaches, even from the mighty Tarasova, i don't think that there are more students leaving Mishin in comparation with other coaches :popcorn: .

Gachinsky has a good jump-technik. Nerves failed him, not the jump technik. I hopes he goes to someone who can give him the stability, as is no rezept against it. Griazev was also not a reliable skater, at the moment Kovtun is also not... Sometimes it works with a coach, sometimes not. I don't see a fault now with Mishin, there is no coach who started with a studnet when he was young to bring all to medal. Those coaches who takes only the formed students, even them have not only success, so i don't understand the negativity towards Mishin :think: .

I wish he would go to Orser, but it might be too expensive for him.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

That is Mishin's jump technique. He always says he is proud because many coaches teach the jumps with his method. He is engineer and he has developed a tools to improve the jumps.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well, students leaves from all coaches, even from the mighty Tarasova, i don't think that there are more students leaving Mishin in comparation with other coaches :popcorn: .

Gachinsky has a good jump-technik. Nerves failed him, not the jump technik. I hopes he goes to someone who can give him the stability, as is no rezept against it. Griazev was also not a reliable skater, at the moment Kovtun is also not... Sometimes it works with a coach, sometimes not. I don't see a fault now with Mishin, there is no coach who started with a studnet when he was young to bring all to medal. Those coaches who takes only the formed students, even them have not only success, so i don't understand the negativity towards Mishin :think: .

I wish he would go to Orser, but it might be too expensive for him.

Gachinski's jumps really excite me, but other than that...his overall performances are dry. It's not just natural talents anymore, the problem lies with mentality. And I don't think Orser could do anything with Gachinski's mentality. The problem lies within Gachinski himself.
I do believe Mishin is a good coach and he had done everything for his students. If Yagudin had left Mishin for Tarasova sonner with less jumping technique, I really wonder would he have had such a career. We can't say Mishin did nothing for Yagudin. Anyways, we can't have another Yagudin or another Plushenko, you know. They are two in the millions.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
It is obvious to everyone that Mishin and Plush have a very special soulmate connection (I don't mean in the romantic sense). However, Mishin is supposed to be a professional and try to do his best to help whomever he accepts to be in his care and guidance. This pattern of abandoning students as soon as they run into problems or not living up to Plushenko's standards is bad.

OMG! Mishin and Plushenko's relationship as father and son. They said this not once. When Plushy arrived in St. Petersburg he was 11. Mishin is a great storyteller person. He said about this time: : "He looked like a cheap chicken, very green and very blue and no fat .... very ecological!" :D

I am just catching up on the Men's SP from Junior Worlds and have just watched Petrov. Oh dear. :slink:

To me he confirms Mishin's inability to 'move on with the times.' He's all about the jumps. Very impressive jumping technique with a lot of height and distance for a skater still so small and young. I can definitely believe that he might be able to start landing quads as soon as next season. But there was nothing else. Basic skating wasn't bad for a skater at his age but it wasn't great either. His upper body movement was messy, imprecise and seemed off-time. And the choreography was quite basic and generic. Spins were weak as well. Typical Mishin - it's all about the jumps.

To everybody saying 'but he's only 14 and has a lot of time to develop those things.' Sure. But look at Nathan Chen who is also 14. He can't jump as well but he's a much more well rounded skater.