Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mishin: Gachinski was jealous of Plushenko

Custom Title
    I think that between Mishin and Plushenko is a kind of relationship who is very seldom between a coach and his student. They understand eachother very well, Plushenko could do all the tricks Mishin wanted to develop, he was very hard working, was the perfect match, the friendship went further than expected. Now it is not the fault of neither Mishin or Plushenko, such things are like that. So the other students of Mishin would better not compare their relationship with Mishin with those between M und P, but with the kind of relationship Mishin has with the other students.

The title of the thread is a little bit missleading as Mishin said "probably" ...

It is obvious to everyone that Mishin and Plush have a very special soulmate connection (I don't mean in the romantic sense). However, Mishin is supposed to be a professional and try to do his best to help whomever he accepts to be in his care and guidance. This pattern of abandoning students as soon as they run into problems or not living up to Plushenko's standards is bad.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPack View Post
    It is obvious to everyone that Mishin and Plush have a very special soulmate connection (I don't mean in the romantic sense). However, Mishin is supposed to be a professional and try to do his best to help whomever he accepts to be in his care and guidance. This pattern of abandoning students as soon as they run into problems or not living up to Plushenko's standards is bad.
    Gachinski has been given so many opportunities by Mishin since he was young
    patience is not forever, Mishin is not abandanong skaters, he is just grooming his new star pupil Petrov

Custom Title
    If Mishin is waiting for some kid to be the next Plushenko, then he should just quit now cause its unlikely to ever repeat. He needs to realize that not everyone is going to show up with prodigious talent and it's his job to help them work to their strengths.

Really, I'm sure after coaching Plush, he's going to find coaching more average skaters to be underwhelming so he might just want to retire and just do some technical workshops instead coaching someone full time.

Custom Title
    [QUOTE=sky_fly20;886903]Mishin stopped focusing on and dumped Gachinski,
    his new star pupil is 14 year old Petrov[/

I wonder, how do you people knows that? Were you at their practices or from where are you finding these informations?

I mean, in all interviews Mishin was very protective to Gachinsky, while other coaches speaked more clear words why something worked or not, he gave a lot of support to Gachinsky or to Tut. They went to good choreographs and the last programs of Gachinsky were good constructed.

Why do you get then the impression of neglect to him?

I have nothing against Gachinsky moving to someone else, there are a lot of skaters who needs difference experiences and approaches, especially when they are not developing further. But developing is not only a matter of the coach, but also a matter of the skater himself. In a relationship student/Coach there are two persons involved, so i don't understand why everybody gives the fault to Mishin.

There were a lot of times when Plushenko even was not training or was injured or doing his shows, so he had not the attention of Mishin only for him.

Custom Title
    Here in the west, coach-student relationship is essentially employee and employer. Should one party feels unhappy, she/he could simply moves on, at least in most cases it is true. However this situation reminds me of Yagudin-Plushy duel, and it makes me whonder:

1) there is something deeper between Mishin and his studuents, of course not in bad ways.
    2) Mishin may use the rivalry of his students as the stimulants.

Custom Title
    Mishin gave a lot of support to Gachinski when he was struggling, hardly saying one negative word about him in the press even when the rest of Russia was dogpiling on him.

Honestly, Artur should leave Russia and train away from home. Only, I would worry that that would destroy what little standing he has left with the RFSF.

I still don't like this as a decision especially considering the likely outcome. But if this is Artur starting to reassert himself and starting to back himself again then I guess I can support that.

The sky_flys of this world still want him to hang himself in shame, but I'll never stop believing.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    What Mishin tried to first and foremost give to Gachinski is 'Plushenko's jump technique.' And it didn't work. Mishin's problem is his fixation on this ideal of a perfect jump technique instead of working around the strengths and weaknesses of his skaters. It worked with Plushenko but he was a one in a million talent.

Yeah Mishin supported Gachinski when he was younger, when he still looked like he might develop into Plush 2.0. It didn't happen, so on he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPack View Post
    Yeah Mishin supported Gachinski when he was younger, when he still looked like he might develop into Plush 2.0. It didn't happen, so on he goes.
    Oh? I thought it was Gachinsky's own decision to leave? So, tell me, what inside intel do you have that says that Mishin booted him out?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    What Mishin tried to first and foremost give to Gachinski is 'Plushenko's jump technique.' And it didn't work. Mishin's problem is his fixation on this ideal of a perfect jump technique instead of working around the strengths and weaknesses of his skaters. It worked with Plushenko but he was a one in a million talent.
    The jump technique certainly did work. Artur's 3A is still one of the biggest and best in the world and he almost never misses it.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    The jump technique certainly did work. Artur's 3A is still one of the biggest and best in the world and he almost never misses it.
    It's definitely very good technique but he's been struggling with overall consistency. I'd classify Mishin's approach as 'high risk, high reward.' If all of the stars align themselves, the end effect is great. With Plushenko it worked because he was such an extraordinary, unique talent and had an excellent work ethic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Oh? I thought it was Gachinsky's own decision to leave? So, tell me, what inside intel do you have that says that Mishin booted him out?
    I wasn't commenting on who left whom. I was commenting on how often students leave Mishin vice versa, having felt they weren't his priority.

If you got problems with me, take it to PM, not here.

Custom Title
    Well, students leaves from all coaches, even from the mighty Tarasova, i don't think that there are more students leaving Mishin in comparation with other coaches .

Gachinsky has a good jump-technik. Nerves failed him, not the jump technik. I hopes he goes to someone who can give him the stability, as is no rezept against it. Griazev was also not a reliable skater, at the moment Kovtun is also not... Sometimes it works with a coach, sometimes not. I don't see a fault now with Mishin, there is no coach who started with a studnet when he was young to bring all to medal. Those coaches who takes only the formed students, even them have not only success, so i don't understand the negativity towards Mishin .

I wish he would go to Orser, but it might be too expensive for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    That is Mishin's jump technique. He always says he is proud because many coaches teach the jumps with his method. He is engineer and he has developed a tools to improve the jumps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast