59th Eurovision Song Contest | Page 5 | Golden Skate

59th Eurovision Song Contest

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Looks like you are happy with your beliefs - I am OK with mine. As they are light years away from each other, see no point to continue. All the best to you.

AliceInWonderland

On the Ice
And yet you can't seem to "recollect" a recent scoring controversy involving a single Russian skater, only those that involve skaters from the West. This is EXACTLY what I mean--and why it is difficult for me (to say the least!) to have much sympathy for Russian posters on this board who feel so so eternally persecuted. Oh and for the record, the Voir/Marlie "conspiracy" was alleged--without any proof whatsoever--by an anonymous Russian coach. I guess you failed to "recollect" that as well.

As far as Ukraine, please don't even go there with Obama and the US, who is REacting to events, not creating them. The situation is lamentable, and the world is lamenting. Unfortunately sometimes it takes the form of booing singers who have nothing to do with the crisis there.

The US is just, "reacting" to the events in Ukraine? Are you serious? Did you not hear Nuland's lovely little phone chat where she talked about exactly who was going to be in the new government? Did you not hear about the fact that the US government put in billions to, "help Ukraine achieve a democratic government", and then supported a group of unelected people who rose to power? Did you not see the videos (which the western media never covered), where unarmed Mariupol citizens were brutally shot down by the Ukrainian army which was ordered to do so by this US-supported government? The US is heavily involved in Ukraine. Yes, Russia is no fairy godmother either, but saying that the US is less involved than Russia is in Ukraine is wrong.

EDIT: Go watch Jennifer Psaki evade questions about US involvement in Ukraine. She hasn't been able to come up with a single intelligent and/or complete response to a Ukraine question so far.

AliceInWonderland

On the Ice
My favorite was Armenia. Conchita's song was good, but it wasn't my favorite.

Edit: people making fun of Conchita should stop though. It's so rude.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The US is just, "reacting" to the events in Ukraine? Are you serious? Did you not hear Nuland's lovely little phone chat where she talked about exactly who was going to be in the new government? Did you not hear about the fact that the US government put in billions to, "help Ukraine achieve a democratic government", and then supported a group of unelected people who rose to power? Did you not see the videos (which the western media never covered), where unarmed Mariupol citizens were brutally shot down by the Ukrainian army which was ordered to do so by this US-supported government? The US is heavily involved in Ukraine. Yes, Russia is no fairy godmother either, but saying that the US is less involved than Russia is in Ukraine is wrong.

EDIT: Go watch Jennifer Psaki evade questions about US involvement in Ukraine. She hasn't been able to come up with a single intelligent and/or complete response to a Ukraine question so far.

I will defer to your greater knowledge of the situation.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I didn't like the song of the guy in the drag queen costume, not at all. I enjoyed Armenia entry, and one more, but I don't remember whether it was Netherlands...There no word about Eurovision in Canada. All what I watched is what is posted on youtube.