Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: 2014 Worlds Junior Men - Free Skate

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    Its great to have a rivalry but sometimes these rivalries do not extend to the senior level.

Carriere, Rippon, Griazev and Rogozine were all junior champions but fizzled out in the senior level.
    Besides Kovtun, Russian has nobody else.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    Besides Kovtun, Russian has nobody else.
    Not even Voronov who won silver at Euros, above Kovtun?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Not even Voronov who won silver at Euros, above Kovtun?
    Voronov is 26 already. He'll probably retire soon.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Tell that to Plush and Menshov! Russian Men skate forever.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Tell that to Plush and Menshov! Russian Men skate forever.
    Neither Menshov nor Voronov are half as good as Plushenko, who lost nationals to Kovtun.

Custom Title
    Neither Menshov nor Voronov are half as good as Plushenko, who lost nationals to Kovtun.

And then Kovtun lost to Voronov and Menshov at Europeans, so where would you rather lose? At the nationals, or at the Europeans? The Europeans has shown us that Voronov, Kovtun and Menshov are pretty much the same. One day one of them can win, the following day it would be another one. As I see it, it will be the one who will become most consistent that will be winning. My bet is actually on Voronov because Tutberidze produces consistent skaters. Kovtun is playing with adding as many quads as possible, but what's the point if you can't land them consistently? You may be great or you may end up somewhere pretty low if you don't land them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    And then Kovtun lost to Voronov and Menshov at Europeans, so where would you rather lose? At the nationals, or at the Europeans? The Europeans has shown us that Voronov, Kovtun and Menshov are pretty much the same. One day one of them can win, the following day it would be another one. As I see it, it will be the one who will become most consistent that will be winning. My bet is actually on Voronov because Tutberidze produces consistent skaters. Kovtun is playing with adding as many quads as possible, but what's the point if you can't land them consistently? You may be great or you may end up somewhere pretty low if you don't land them.

Kovtun is only 18. His PCS are likely to go up, while Voronov's and Mensov's will stay the same.

I haven't read all the posts on this thread, but I have to say I was pretty impressed with Pitkeev. He has maturity for his age, and of course, he's good technically too.

Custom Title
    Kovtun is only 18. His PCS are likely to go up, while Voronov's and Mensov's will stay the same.
    It doesn't work like that. Whoever is consistent and lands everything, those PCS will eventually go up. Kovtun will not get higher PCS only because he is getting older.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10