2014 Worlds Junior Men - Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Junior Men - Free Skate

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
He's our only hope right now. He's as radiant as Elena Radionova - you can really see how much he loves his sport. I hope he does continue to develop, I hope growth spurt doesn't affect him too much... and then we'll see. Since August, when I first saw him live, I'm just blown away by his skating. I still can't believe he's actually LATVIAN and skating like that. Latvians usually suck at this sport. But, not this time... : )

Hi catchie. Welcome to the wacky world of GS. Please let us know if Latvian tv is going to run all of World's again like they did last year, and if so, if you could provide a link for the rest of us that would be much appreciated.

:)

catchie

On the Ice
Hi catchie. Welcome to the wacky world of GS. Please let us know if Latvian tv is going to run all of World's again like they did last year, and if so, if you could provide a link for the rest of us that would be much appreciated.

:)

Thanks for the welcome, WeakAnkles. : )

The program of week from March 24 - 30 will be out on March 19, so then I will tell if they are going to broadcast. And, I will try to find some streams, if it will be necessary. : )

Sara

On the Ice
Nam and Nathan were both wonderful!!! I hope Nam will be able to handle the pressure at Worlds. I liked a lot Adyan Pitkeev too, he's a very promising skater and has excellent jumps! Eteri Tutberidze has some pretty amazing skaters in her group: Adyan, Julia and Evgenia!

kresslia

Medalist
I'll have to wait until next week to watch, but I always had this funny feeling about Nam, even when his results weren't overly impressive. Very happy to see I was right about him. Hopefully he can keep up his momentum next week at Senior Worlds. He's the future of figure skating in Canada, definitely.

emdee

Final Flight
I'll have to wait until next week to watch, but I always had this funny feeling about Nam, even when his results weren't overly impressive. Very happy to see I was right about him. Hopefully he can keep up his momentum next week at Senior Worlds. He's the future of figure skating in Canada, definitely.

Also Roman. He doesnt have his Triple Axel yet. But has a lovely flow in his skating. He is also behind as he lost a year with injury.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Congrats Nam! :clap: Hopefully a huge confidence boost going into senior Worlds. Too bad about Boyang... technically super ambitious and could be a contender if his artistry develops.

Sara

On the Ice
Copied from Junior Worlds' Fb page:

PRESS CONFERENCE
Men, after Free Skating

Nam Nguyen (CAN), 2014 World Junior Champion
This is the best that I’ve ever skated in competition. It is also the first time that I’ve done two triple Axel in one program. So I’m very happy. (on what he would have told himself before the free skating what he must do) Eat more food, because I need energy to skate. I need to eat more. I didn’t eat as much as I used to. (On preparing for the World Championship) I fly back on Monday and I have to go back to training on Tuesday, full speed. I’ll leave on Saturday. I have to do what I did again, repeat it over there. I prefer to go back home for a few days and then go off to Japan. (on his idols in skating) Yuzuru Hanyu and Patrick Chan. (on his expectations from the World Championship) Just to soak up the experience over there and do exactly what I did here and have fun. (On what his success at Junior Worlds means to him) There are a lot of opportunities that will open up for me after this competition. I am excited to see these opportunities. (on his emotions on the podium) I had no thoughts. I was just soaking in the moment. I was enjoying it even though I had a serious face. It is very cool to hear the national anthem and to stand on top of the podium. (On since when he has been dreaming about that) Since I was five. (on plans for next season) I am not sure, I think this is what Mike (Slipchuk, Skate Canada High Performance Director) decides.

Adian Pitkeev (RUS), 2014 World Junior silver medalist
I think I gave a good performance in the free skating, but not in the short program, especially the loop (he popped), my favorite jump. (on what he would have told himself before the free skating what he must do) I would have said to myself I have to do the loop, no matter what. (on training quads) I’ve never even tried a single quad yet. (on his idols in skating) Patrick Chan. He can do everything, he can skate very well, he feels the music, he jumps well when he jumps. (on what is the biggest jump in the rankings that he did) In international competition this is the biggest jump I’ve ever done. In a minor national competition once I moved up 12 places, because my short program was terrible. (on plans for next season) I would like to compete at the senior level, I am planning on that, but I don’t know what the coaches and the federation are deciding. It depends on them, not on me alone. I would like to go to the senior level, because it is a new experience. Sooner or later I have to do it anyway, or so I hope at least.

Nathan Chen (USA), 2014 World Junior bronze medalist
I am really happy. This is honestly a really cool experience. It’s my first junior worlds. It’s cool to be here. (on what he would have told himself before the free skating what he must do) I guess there is not much I would say, because I like to take one thing at a time. Don’t think too far ahead, stay in your own zone. (on training quads) After this my next goal is to do a quad. (on his idols in skating) Yuzuru Hanyu and Patrick Chan. (On what his success at Junior Worlds means to him) I think it is just a good experience. (on what is the biggest jump in the rankings that he did) I think this is my biggest jump, I don’t remember any others.

Meoima

Match Penalty
It seems Yuzuru and Patrick Chan have become inspirations. :yay: my favorite is Pitkeev. Because he used Plushenko's music. And he did so well.

emdee

Final Flight
It seems Yuzuru and Patrick Chan have become inspirations. :yay: my favorite is Pitkeev. Because he used Plushenko's music. And he did so well.

Patrick is a skater's skater and there can be something electric about Hanyu's skating especially when he is on. Its no wonder that these young men look up to them both. For Nam Hanyu must be extra special because he trains with him.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Patrick is a skater's skater and there can be something electric about Hanyu's skating especially when he is on. Its no wonder that these young men look up to them both. For Nam Hanyu must be extra special because he trains with him.

I hope PChan will come back next season. Right now he need to rest. The men field is boring without him.:bang: And for Nam, I guess his get cheeks pinch all the time by Hanyu. =)) Hanyu seems to love pinching children's cheeks.:laugh:

volk

Final Flight
Copied from Junior Worlds' Fb page:

PRESS CONFERENCE
Men, after Free Skating

Adian Pitkeev (RUS), 2014 World Junior silver medalist
I think I gave a good performance in the free skating, but not in the short program, especially the loop (he popped), my favorite jump. (on what he would have told himself before the free skating what he must do) I would have said to myself I have to do the loop, no matter what. (on training quads) I’ve never even tried a single quad yet. (on his idols in skating) Patrick Chan. He can do everything, he can skate very well, he feels the music, he jumps well when he jumps. (on what is the biggest jump in the rankings that he did) In international competition this is the biggest jump I’ve ever done. In a minor national competition once I moved up 12 places, because my short program was terrible. (on plans for next season) I would like to compete at the senior level, I am planning on that, but I don’t know what the coaches and the federation are deciding. It depends on them, not on me alone. I would like to go to the senior level, because it is a new experience. Sooner or later I have to do it anyway, or so I hope at least.

Petrov said he plans to learn quads this summer. I can see a big rivalry emerging among them in the future.

emdee

Final Flight
Its great to have a rivalry but sometimes these rivalries do not extend to the senior level.

Carriere, Rippon, Griazev and Rogozine were all junior champions but fizzled out in the senior level.

volk

Final Flight
Its great to have a rivalry but sometimes these rivalries do not extend to the senior level.

Carriere, Rippon, Griazev and Rogozine were all junior champions but fizzled out in the senior level.

Besides Kovtun, Russian has nobody else.