2014 Worlds Junior Men - Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Junior Men - Free Skate

hanca

Record Breaker
Neither Menshov nor Voronov are half as good as Plushenko, who lost nationals to Kovtun.

And then Kovtun lost to Voronov and Menshov at Europeans, so where would you rather lose? At the nationals, or at the Europeans? The Europeans has shown us that Voronov, Kovtun and Menshov are pretty much the same. One day one of them can win, the following day it would be another one. As I see it, it will be the one who will become most consistent that will be winning. My bet is actually on Voronov because Tutberidze produces consistent skaters. Kovtun is playing with adding as many quads as possible, but what's the point if you can't land them consistently? You may be great or you may end up somewhere pretty low if you don't land them.

volk

Final Flight
And then Kovtun lost to Voronov and Menshov at Europeans, so where would you rather lose? At the nationals, or at the Europeans? The Europeans has shown us that Voronov, Kovtun and Menshov are pretty much the same. One day one of them can win, the following day it would be another one. As I see it, it will be the one who will become most consistent that will be winning. My bet is actually on Voronov because Tutberidze produces consistent skaters. Kovtun is playing with adding as many quads as possible, but what's the point if you can't land them consistently? You may be great or you may end up somewhere pretty low if you don't land them.

Kovtun is only 18. His PCS are likely to go up, while Voronov's and Mensov's will stay the same.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I haven't read all the posts on this thread, but I have to say I was pretty impressed with Pitkeev. He has maturity for his age, and of course, he's good technically too.

hanca

Record Breaker
Kovtun is only 18. His PCS are likely to go up, while Voronov's and Mensov's will stay the same.

It doesn't work like that. Whoever is consistent and lands everything, those PCS will eventually go up. Kovtun will not get higher PCS only because he is getting older.