Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Ice dance rule changes 2014-2015

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    We are all going to be SO tired of the music used for this dance long before the season is half over.
    no kidding

i still get like vietnam war flashbacks from the tango romantica

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Still, I cannot tell the difference between Twizzles done to Scherahezade and twizzles done to Fledermaus.
    The twizzles themselves wouldn't look different. The difference would be where they're used in the choreography in relation to the music but even then I'm not sure how much different they'd look or feel.

Now that I think of it, twizzles aren't really suited to all types of music, IMO. As in V/M's 2010 Mahler program -- it's on my all-time hit parade but...twizzles & Mahler? Something about those 2 ideas just does not go together.

Gotta watch that program again. Several times!

Banned
    i'm so not here for the twizzle h8r fest goin on right now

what did twizzles ever do to you except give you immeasurable joy and pleasure!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperinflation View Post
    no kidding

i still get like vietnam war flashbacks from the tango romantica
    Yup, me too---I cringe whenever a team uses a tango for a FD or a single skater uses tango for a SP or FS.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    I guess we will just continue to disagree on this issue.
    What are some of your favorite ice dances across the decades? I really can't think of a single dance from before CoP was created where a 15+ second spin with change of foot would help the program. I don't see any programs in this past CoP decade that benefited from including such a long spin either.

My favorite usage of a dance spin is Virtue Moir's 2011 FD (this program also has the best usage of a twizzle sequence ever) but even in that program the final spin position they do is very unnecessary - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTGdeEfZuUI&t=3m35s - the program would have had more energy if they continued on dancing after the upright position + quick turn on the ice that they do. Why did they need to change foot and go into sit spin position after that?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6