Shoma Uno | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Adeliza

Rinkside
Shoma leads the men's discipline at JWC in Tallinn with a score of 84.87 after the short program competition. Congratulations! (and please no disasters in the free skate) :cheer2:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Shoma is the rightful leader after the SP but he could have done so without the obvious push from the judges. I especially disagree with his GOEs and as a fan it's a bit concerning to see it's become a bit of a habit for judges to exaggerate when it comes to him.

Having said that, he is still the most talented skater of this field and deserves the gold in case he also delivers his FS. His consistency and mental strength have been extremely remarkable this season.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats Shoma! Well deserved first place. No judgment on his scoring from me (I gave that up years ago, way to much stress for me)
I am happy to see the increase in his PC's score.

deedee1

Record Breaker

:love: Thanks for posting!

Shoma is the rightful leader after the SP but he could have done so without the obvious push from the judges. I especially disagree with his GOEs and as a fan it's a bit concerning to see it's become a bit of a habit for judges to exaggerate when it comes to him.

Having said that, he is still the most talented skater of this field and deserves the gold in case he also delivers his FS. His consistency and mental strength have been extremely remarkable this season.

We can see Shoma's reaction at 5:36 and hear him saying 'U-wooooo???' when his score came up. Thus Shoma sort of agrees with you, ioanap, I think. ;)

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
So happy for Shoma. :cheer:

He has so much potential ahead of him. Hope he makes it to Worlds next year so I can watch him live!

firal

Record Breaker
I thought he skated great! Not only the jumps but the rest of the program to me was definitely in another league.

Regarding his jumps, I have a question though (very basic questions but please be patient with me): in his landing his free leg is always so close to the ice and that makes his landing looked so "quick", like a quick "whoosh!", if I am making any sense. Is it because his jumps are low that's why his turns in the air appear to be faster thus the landing sometimes looks kind of dangerous?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'm happy for Shoma even though I think he was a tad over scored. It doesn't take away from the good performance he put out last night.
As for his jumps here are my plus GOE and minus GOE thoughts:

Plus:
Difficult entries, and little stalking
Flow out of the jump

Minus:
Low Jump
Air position tilted
Landing sometimes tilted

But in any case, he is rotating and landing them, and improving month to month.
What more can we ask?

Plumededragon

Medalist
I'm happy for Shoma even though I think he was a tad over scored. It doesn't take away from the good performance he put out last night.
As for his jumps here are my plus GOE and minus GOE thoughts:

Plus:
Difficult entries, and little stalking
Flow out of the jump

Minus:
Low Jump
Air position tilted
Landing sometimes tilted

But in any case, he is rotating and landing them, and improving month to month.
What more can we ask?
I totally agree. The kid works hard on improving, and I think we'll see it even more next year. I hope for a clean FS for him and maybe a start as Senior next year? He definitely has the potential for it. Not to be a big winner, not yet, but definitely to show that he has his place with the other senior skaters.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Congrats Shoma! Dodged a bullet there. I had a tense few seconds. I think Shoma must be exhausted from his long season and the expectations of Japan. I hope he learns to deal with this and comes back next season (as a senior?) to make his mark.
Rest well Shoma. Otsukaresama-deshita.