Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Shoma Uno

Quote Originally Posted by HanDomi View Post
    I don't know if it is my feeling only but he is looking on this video like young Yuzuru
    I actually thought he looked a lot like Daisuke, especially just before doing the quad.

But that may be just me, because I see Shoma channeling Daisuke many times.

Hate fake smiles and horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HanDomi View Post
    I don't know if it is my feeling only but he is looking on this video like young Yuzuru
    Nice attempt on quad, very light. I am actually quite surprised on flexibility of this jump. Last time when I saw his performance at junior worlds he was looking quite heavy on jumps. Nice progress
    I don't think he looks like Yuzuru when he jumps. Their builds are different after all. He looks like himself. It's good to know that he has progressed. I hope he will be on the podium in the next Junior Worlds. Actually I have never seen anyone Yuzu-like. Thanks to his slouching posture and delicate frame. Yuzuru is weird, even when you compare him to Japanese skaters.

I think Shoma's 4T looks better than Nam's 4S. Slightly UR but I am not sure he should put it in his program next season. Other than that I hope he will improve his axel.

Japanese media pay too much attention to the quads but I think perfecting all the triples first should be all the young skaters' top priority. Yuzuru won competitions with quads, but with an unreliable 4S, it's the triples, especially his triple axel that helped him. So I hope Shoma will improve his jumps overall, not just focus on one jump.

Anyways I think Shoma has something that reminds me of Dai. But he still looks very cute (it couldn't be helped, with that build), while at the same age I started to see sex appeal from Dai. It's hard to believe that such a sexy man like Dai is so shy when it comes to ladies.

I have to admit I didn't expect to see such a good quad attempt from Shoma, especially knowing that the 3A is still giving him a lot of trouble. He probably won't put it in his programs yet but I do hope he manages to get a fully rotated and consistent one in the future. After seeing this, I've gotten high hopes for his 3A success as well.

Meanwhile, what he really needs to do is fix his flutz. It's the most important thing for him right now.

pink short shorts
    I'd say that Shoma's 4T looks more rotated than Nam's 4S right now. I cried tears of joy when I read that Shoma landed a quad in practice. Maybe landing quads will have a good effect on his 3As? Maybe he'll actually rotate and land his 3As??? I can only hope.
    But yes, he needs to fix his flutz. Especially because I think the lutz is the required jump for the junior men's SP this season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanap View Post
    Shoma landed a 4T! Slightly underrotated but still, it's a progress.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...om=embediframe
    Ooooooh maaaai gaaado... Is Shoma practicing quads already? Looking at the vid, he's landing it almost. Wow! Ilia has done wonders to Shoma! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Ilia! And Shoma's grown up quite a bit, isn't he? Now he is probably the only skater who grabs my heart with its skate among the current J-boys after Daisuke. Good luck to him in the new season!

Quote Originally Posted by jimeonji View Post
    I'd say that Shoma's 4T looks more rotated than Nam's 4S right now. I cried tears of joy when I read that Shoma landed a quad in practice. Maybe landing quads will have a good effect on his 3As? Maybe he'll actually rotate and land his 3As??? I can only hope.
    But yes, he needs to fix his flutz. Especially because I think the lutz is the required jump for the junior men's SP this season.
    I don't know and dare not say for sure since Axel and Lutz are entire different matters to toe loop. Let's hope for him.

pink short shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I don't know and dare not say for sure since Axel and Lutz are entire different matters to toe loop. Let's hope for him.
    I am only thinking wishfully. He may be one of those skaters that never really get their triple axels down sighs. He's my hope for the future of Japanese mens and I want him to do well this season.

Wow I'm pleasantly surprised at his 4T. I was expecting it to be pretty rough, but that was pretty nice

Custom Title
    I can imagine him having a Chan/Lambiel-esque 3A with a decent 4T. He really needs more height on his jumps if he wants to avoid pesky UR calls though. From his non-reaction to that otherwise beautiful 4T he looks like he's been landing it fairly consistently in practice, which is good to see.

I hope he'll be able to establish a name for himself and step out of his reputation as "the second Takahashi".

Custom Title
    His timing could be perfect. If he continues to mature, it is happening at the juncture where some really veterans, who have been top competitors for a decade, are retiring or on the verge.

On the Ice
    How tall is Shoma now? Previously, I was concerned that he wouldn't get much taller and he was too short for a male skater. A few years ago, he was channeling Dai but now he is himself. Both of them seems to be shy in real life . He's the most musical and charismatic among the junior male skaters IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by thoakun View Post
    How tall is Shoma now? Previously, I was concerned that he wouldn't get much taller and he was too short for a male skater. A few years ago, he was channeling Dai but now he is himself. Both of them seems to be shy in real life . He's the most musical and charismatic among the junior male skaters IMO.
    Wiki still says that he is 1m54. but Me think he might have gotten taller a bit, maybe 1m56?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanap View Post
    Shoma landed a 4T! Slightly underrotated but still, it's a progress.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...om=embediframe
    Is it Ilya Kulik at the beginning? He did good job with Satoko's jumps. JSF should emply him more for younger skaters to correct their jump technique.

On the Ice
    Wiki still says that he is 1m54. but Me think he might have gotten taller a bit, maybe 1m56?
    That's still a bit too short. His jumps look good for his height, but I'm afraid when he's in competition, his jumps will look much less significant than his competitors who are around 1m75, and that'll affect on the PCS.
    I have a stupid question: Can the flutz be fixed? Mirai's lutz looks better now, but her flutz was on the flat side to start with. I respect coach Yamada a lot, but she can't teach jumps.

Custom Title
    In the broadcast of dreams on ice the announcer say he was 1.55cm in a good day.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast