Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Thread: Alexander Petrov

Quote Originally Posted by paulusfr View Post
    Based on the information about some skaters, I don't think this is a true content, which skaters really planned. So relax, let's wait for the competition. Petrov said he wants to fight for the gold. So he should go to any danger. And I'm sure he will.
    Of course we can't be absolutely sure he will try a quad this year, but two triple axels - that's what he can do.
    Ok. I calmed down..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater01 View Post
    https://twitter.com/pandaatlarge/sta...33063348338688
    All of the top men planned programs. Sashas looks kind of strange… I can't understand why he would go to the fs with only one 3A. But let's just trust mishin…
    If that's real... in the content planned by Jin and Chen. These reckless kids... I'm starting to see Meoima's point--still don't agree with limiting quads in general, but for juniors? Maybe some intervention is in order. (Shoma pained expression at the end of Nationals and 4CC wasn't helping either).

I'm okay with no quad if Sasha isn't ready. No second triple axel... Hopefully he's not sick or injured. But if he is, watering down the content is preferable to what happened to Pitkeev at Europeans.

He was sick before - maybe he's taken longer to recover, and has lost out on training time? Anyway, I trust Mishin's judgement. He'll hold back when he thinks that is best - and push the technical content when he thinks the skater is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    If that's real... in the content planned by Jin and Chen. These reckless kids... I'm starting to see Meoima's point--still don't agree with limiting quads in general, but for juniors? Maybe some intervention is in order. (Shoma pained expression at the end of Nationals and 4CC wasn't helping either).

I'm okay with no quad if Sasha isn't ready. No second triple axel... Hopefully he's not sick or injured. But if he is, watering down the content is preferable to what happened to Pitkeev at Europeans.
    Note: I just looked at the planned jumps for the other skaters - and there is "4T?" for Pitkeev in the SP. That isn't allowed in the SP in juniors, is it? (if I remember correctly? that's why Peetrov has had a level playing field in the SP, but lost out in the FP.)

On the Ice
    LRK, because some people which wrote this just took the programs from the Europeans, etc... This is not what the guys will perform.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater01 View Post
    https://twitter.com/pandaatlarge/sta...33063348338688
    All of the top men planned programs. Sashas looks kind of strange… I can't understand why he would go to the fs with only one 3A. But let's just trust mishin…
    The list does not accurately reflect what they will attempt.

Sasha might as well not show up if he's going to attempt an LP with such a low BV in jumps. 3F is also his weakest jump, I really doubt he will be attempting 2 flip combos.
    Quad is not allowed in the SP for Juniors.
    I highly doubt that Chen will attempt 3 quads (and 1 in combo) in the LP. Although his US Nationals planned elements list had 3 quads, in reality he only attempted 1 quad (4T).

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29