Thread: Zhang and Barholomay Replace Denney and Coughlin

Custom Title

Zhang and Barholomay Replace Denney and Coughlin

Wow....bad luck for Caydee and John. Apparently she had an ankle injury last week and cannot compete at Worlds. I am not a big fan of D/C's skating but I do admire their professionalism and sportsmanship they've shown since Nationals. After being barely passed by Zhang and Bartholomay at Nationals, not one word that I've heard of "no fair". And then after being assigned to Worlds they have this misfortune. I must say, though, I am excited to see how Felicia and Nate have matured their LP to Les Mis. Hopefully they have kept up with their training which I presume is the case when you're first alternate. I doubt Z/B are in the top 10 running at Worlds but I guess that depends who shows up and in what condition. Can't wait! Any predictions?

Banned
    I think top 12 would be a good result for them.

Custom Title
    Yes, looks like the roster has already been updated:

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028069.htm

Banned
    D/C will probably retire soon dealing with so many injuries
    I dont see them being around in 2016

That is a shame for Caydee & John!

I hope Felicia & Nate skate their best @ Worlds!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    That is a shame for Caydee & John!

I hope Felicia & Nate skate their best @ Worlds!
    Agreed. I am always sorry to see skaters deprived of a chance to compete, but it's a consolation that Z/B can cover for them. I'm so fond of that pair.

Custom Title
    I agree that Caydee & John handled being bumped from the Olympic team extremely well, I have more respect for them now.
    If Felicia & Nate can follow up their National & Olympic performances with another good effort @ Worlds in will be a big leap forward for them on the international scene. Best of luck to them.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYscorp6 View Post
    I agree that Caydee & John handled being bumped from the Olympic team extremely well, I have more respect for them now.
    If Felicia & Nate can follow up their National & Olympic performances with another good effort @ Worlds in will be a big leap forward for them on the international scene. Best of luck to them.
    I would not say that Denney/Coughlin were "bumped" from the Olympic team -- as if a spot should had been reserved for them.

That said, I do understand that withdrawing from Worlds must be esp. tough after they did not reach Sochi.

Custom Title
    I'm very disappointed. I prefer Caydee and John to Felicia and Nate and was really looking forward to them "redeeming" themselves.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    I would not say that Denney/Coughlin were "bumped" from the Olympic team -- as if a spot should had been reserved for them.
    By bumped I was referring to them just missing out on the 2nd US spot, I certainly wasn't advocating or inferring that they were "owed" anything. We had enough of that controversy with Ashley this year.

Custom Title
    While injury is always unfortunate, I'm thrilled Felicia and Nate get this opportunity and think it may be a solid investment in the future as they are far more likely to be around this quad. D/C due to his age and bad luck with injuries over two seasons now seem to be on their way down the US pair rankings having been supplanted by C&S as US #1 and missing the Olympic team. While I had hoped D/C & C/S might be able to eek out three spots, that was always an uphill battle especially with S/S attending and two strong Chinese pairs depsite Pang and Tong's retirement. Given that, I'm thrilled to see Z/B's lovely programs again instead.

Custom Title
    I see Caydee and John as explosive and daring and exciting. I see Felicia and Nate as fundamentally okay but pretty boring. Still sad.