2014 Worlds Junior Ladies - Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Junior Ladies - Free Skate

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They skate to the same SP music too!!
Am I the only one in love with Serafima's FS dress?

Sara

On the Ice
Copied from Junior Worlds' Fb page:

PRESS CONFERENCE
Ladies, after Free Skating

Elena Radionova (RUS), 2014 World Junior Champion
I am very pleased with my performance today. It was one of the best in my career so far, full of emotions and I skated like it was for the last time. This victory did not come easy to me mentally and physically. I did not know for a long time if I can come here. I haven’t fully realized yet what happened, but I am getting more and more excited now. (On her music choice) The music actually is not from the movie Frida, but from a group named Frida, and someone arranged it especially for me. (On what this result means for the future) I think you should start with the small things and not go to the major senior competitions right away. You should go step by step. Obviously we do not know what the future will bring and what will become of us, but I think if we work hard, everything will work out for us. (on practicing triple jumps while she was waiting to be called to the start) I always like to warm up actively. I need to do that and to check on everything. (On her motivation) Travelling and getting to see the world is a motivation, but also to meet well known people. For example our figure skating team met the president (of the Russian Federation) and not everybody gets to meet the president. But we also can meet actors and be at social events. To become a well known person yourself (is a motivation), to leave a trace so that people will remember you. I want my children and my grandchildren to be proud of me. (On their relationship) We have known each other since childhood and we meet at the competitions and we get along very well.

Serafima Sakhanovich (RUS), 2014 World Junior silver medalist
My performance today was not ideal. I can do better than that. This competition was hard for me, because I got injured here. I had even trouble walking, but I did not feel it during my performance. (on finishing second) Second place is also good. (On her music choice) My music is from the “Closed School” soundtrack, but my program has nothing to do with this serial. I just want to create the image of a girl in love, that walks along the sea, there is thunder and there are clouds in the sky. (On what this result means for the future) I also think that you shouldn’t got right away to the big senior competitions. We’ll probably stay in juniors. This competition means a lot to me, for the rating and for making a name for myself. (On her motivation) Figure skating is my sport and I don’t want to do anything else. I always wanted to be like Evgeni Plushenko. I always like him and still like him and I feel sorry for the negative backlash there was (at the Sochi Olympic Winter Games). Travelling and sightseeing is another motivation, to try the different cuisines of the world, all this is interesting. Each competition brings something new. (On their relationship) I have known Zhenia (Evgenia Medvedeva) longer than Lena (Elena Radionova), we are best buddies, but we don’t see each other so often as we live in different cities.

Evgenia Medvedeva (RUS), 2014 World Junior bronze medalist
I am not so pleased with my performance, I made many mistakes, bigger and smaller ones and not only on the jumps, but even on the spins. After I skated I did not think I would be on the podium. I watched Satoko (Miyahara) skate and I thought she would be third. When they told me that I am in third place, I didn’t believe it at first. Once again I want to wish Maria Sotskova health and confidence. She could not be here and I feel very sorry for her. (On her music choice) The first part of my program is a very well known music, and the great pair Elena Berezhnaya/Anton Sikhuralidze skated to it (in 2002). The second part was especially composed, but not for me, but for someone else. But this couple doesn’t skate together anymore and so they decided to give me this music. (On what this result means for the future) I completely agree with what the others said, you should not go to the major events right away, but you first would have to qualify for them anyway. This third place most of all means something for my rating and also to make a name for myself and my coaches. But of course we have Olympic Champion Julia Lipnitskaia in our group, so the coaches do have a name already. (On her motivation) I am training and working hard every day for these moments when you stand on the podium, receive your medal and hear the anthem being played. I like being at competitions where are many people. I like to talk to foreigners. My English is not that great, so I can practice with them. I can meet many interesting people and make new friends. (On their relationship) I’ve know Sima (Serafima Sakhanovich) for five years now, because she started skating rather late and we would have been friends for even longer if she had started earlier. I ‘ve known Lena for longer, we even started out in the same skating school and skated at the same time, but with different coaches. I am not hanging out with her so much, but would like to hang out with her more.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Russia swept the girls podium and it makes me wonder if Russia can do that in a Eurpean championship (good chance) world championship(outside chance) in the future or even the 2018 winter olympics (very slight chance). The odds are against them but it's possible.

Congratulations to Elena Radionova on being the first girl to ever go back to back junior world champion and for a great start to her career! She is a lovely skater. I wonder how good or possibly great she can become. Elena is so physically delicate. I hope she stays healthy and can challenge Adelina and Yulia in the coming years for Russian and possibly world supremecy.

Is that 4 junior ladies world gold medals in a row for Russia? I think so. Amazing.

Thanks for the interviews. It's appreciated.