"10 Insane Alaskan Facts (But all true!)" | Golden Skate

"10 Insane Alaskan Facts (But all true!)"

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Earthquakes – Just roll with it.

Alaskans experience an average of 1000 earthquakes every month, so we may pause, realize we just had an earthquake, and then continue on with our day. :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Pretty much. And if we miss one that got noted by the media we are disappointed.

Like a friend of mine who grew up here, she's going to school in SoCal - they had that measly little 4.4 today and she didn't feel it and she's still whining about it.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Toni, I loved the comment about men. :laugh: :laugh:

52% of Alaska is Men – How’d you like them odds?

There is a warning though, ladies, there’s a saying up here, “The odds are good, but the goods are odd.” I imported mine

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well, kind of. Attu is definitely across the 180th line of longitude, but the International Date Line was gerrymandered so that Attu is in the same time zone as nearby islands of Alaska that are in Western Hemisphere.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Well, kind of. Attu is definitely across the 180th line of longitude, but the International Date Line was gerrymandered so that Attu is in the same time zone as nearby islands of Alaska that are in Western Hemisphere.

well aware of how it works, but as you said, it's definitely over the line. So even though it's "fixed" for the timezone stuff, geographically you can't change it.