ALL THAT Skate Ice show - May 4,5,6 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

ALL THAT Skate Ice show - May 4,5,6

CarneAsada

Medalist
I totally thought the announcement that she was skating to Turandot was an April Fools' joke... Precisely because of the association with Arakawa. :laugh:

VirMo

On the Ice
I totally thought the announcement that she was skating to Turandot was an April Fools' joke... Precisely because of the association with Arakawa. :laugh:

It was skate by numerous skaters other than Arakawa and some other medalists. And what's wrong with Yuna being associated with Arakawa?

Krislite

Medalist

Hey, at least it was with a live orchestra. ;) How many skaters have skated to a live rendition of Nessum Dorma?

Ven

Match Penalty
Didn't Arakawa get to sleepwalk through her program, anyway? Thought that was a splatfest and she barely had to try!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
It's amazing the some skaters were able to skate their programs with a live orchestra! Thank goodness for Yuna's agency for pulling it off :bow: :clap:

Didn't Arakawa get to sleepwalk through her program, anyway? Thought that was a splatfest and she barely had to try!

I wouldn't say sleepwalked. It was a great performance..

The scuttlebutt from practices was that Arakawa was landing everything and the other skaters were shaking in their boots. ;) After Sasha fell twice, team Arakawa knew a medal was in the bag, so they took out one of the planned triple-triples to ensure a clean program. Oops -- she missed the triple-triple that they did plan. Oh well. Slutskaya skating last came up way short, while not quite falling, and the OGM was in the bag. Beautiful performance by Shizuka.

Here is the best competitive Turandot. Shen and Zhao, 2013 Worlds. :rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qqHEd0Bq9o

aftertherain

Record Breaker

2006? Tentative, but I thought that was still a great performance.

Also, she didn't "sleepwalk" through her program in 2004. Two triple-triples, anyone? :rolleye:

Back to Yuna. Love the dress! :yes:

aftertherain

Record Breaker

I thought the rumors said she was going to skate with Massot at this show?

Phew! SO glad she didn't. Then again, it would have been really preposterous...

Soyoun Park - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM24lut8YOA

She reminds me of Yuna ^.^

She does! LOVE the layback Ina Bauer into 2A around 1:00. Totally reminded me of Yuna! Hopefully the KSU doesn't try to sabotage her in the coming years...:disapp:

Pasdedeux

Rinkside
Honestly, if someone told me even 6 months ago that Aljona would skate to "Happy" with a French guy 5 years her junior I would have laughed in that person's face...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSdUtYTyt5U

Sorry, not a recent video :(.

Edited to say I don't in any way mean to write anything bad about Aljona, she is an amazing skater. Just that sometimes things seem to change so fast in such a dramatic manner.

Macassar88

Medalist
Well Aliona and Bruno are doing Daft Punk's Happy which isn't about love really - it's a lot more light hearted and fun

Pasdedeux

Rinkside
Well Aliona and Bruno are doing Daft Punk's Happy which isn't about love really - it's a lot more light hearted and fun

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks. I hope there will be videos. She seems to be wearing her "out of Africa" dress in the other number?