ALL THAT Skate Ice show - May 4,5,6 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

ALL THAT Skate Ice show - May 4,5,6

Tompson

Rinkside
Anyway, when I saw her performance It stunned me.
Its not a competition so dont need to argue about music choice and I am really happy for this music choice.

VirMo

On the Ice
I saw Yuna fell out of nowhere during Send In the Clowns performance in today's show and smiled embarrassedly. That was adorable.

Does anyone have videos of Savchenko and her new partner's?

CarneAsada

Medalist
Well I first thought this is not Nessun Dorma but Turandot. The beginning is for sure Turandot and then it is Nesun Dorma, so a mix perhaps.
I havn't heard Vanessa Mae's violin Fanstasy though so cant say if this is that version
Nessun Dorma is from Turandot, and it's definitely Vanessa Mae's Violin Fantasy. I'm not a fan of her arrangement of the piece. Hopefully with lyrics allowed, we'll hear less of it at least.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wouldn't recommend anyone putting on a blue dress and skating to Gershwin in F anytime soon. Might not be a favorable comparison.

We have to wait for the next Queen to be able to judge. And she can wear a different color dress. :)

CarneAsada

Medalist
It's not Yuna's fault that Vanessa Mae's anything makes me gag; nor is it Shizuka's. My deep-seated hatred for Vanessa Mae stems very far back. It was when I heard her "timeless" arrangement of Paganini's 24th caprice. Do go on about how disliking Vanessa Mae's hideous arrangements equals bad taste, for it amuses me so. :popcorn:

cooper

Medalist
did vanessa mae competed in sochi?? i saw her name in 1 article..

today SBS will broadcast the show live..

CarneAsada

Medalist
did vanessa mae competed in sochi?? i saw her name in 1 article..

today SBS will broadcast the show live..
Yes, she was the last-place finisher in giant slalom. From the youngest violinist ever to record the Beethoven and Tchaikovsky violin concertos to the Winter Olympics, what a journey.

quikrush

Rinkside
Yuna's Turandot was amazing. I had tears in my eyes, gooseflesh on my arms.
I cannot help wishing this was her competitive program for Sochi...it really underscores her artistic strength.

vegarin

On the Ice
Wow, that was stunning. I do admit that I associate Nessun Dorma with Arakawa (who I think was just lovely in 2006, regardless of criticism), but this really was something else. :love:

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Love the dress! It's good to see some emotion back in Yuna's skating.

Does anyone else think Wilson's programs for Yuna have been looking the same?

nguyenghita

On the Ice

I do. But to be fair, she just practiced the ex in about 2 months after olympic (including her very busy schedule) so I didn't expect anything too creative here. Anyway, this is my most favorite gala since vancouver.

cooper

Medalist
V/T
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQvo4Lg4FME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNOpX-kmw_Q

han yan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdoN5IByzG8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew47_jaoIwA

yes they are... i'm still hoping that yuna will try to work with a different choreographer.. maybe 1 program and still working w/ david in another program..

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I do. But to be fair, she just practiced the ex in about 2 months after olympic (including her very busy schedule) so I didn't expect anything too creative here. Anyway, this is my most favorite gala since vancouver.

It's not about her skating so much as the layout. Her skating is fine. The layout is terribly boring and familiar.

Ven

Match Penalty
It's not about her skating so much as the layout. Her skating is fine. The layout is terribly boring and familiar.

Her and David are great together, and Yuna seemed really into this gala. I thought it was beautiful. On the contrary, the only complaint I ever have with Yuna is that I wish she had a more dynamic range of expression within programs sometimes. The variation is there from one program to the next, she does a lot of different things, but it would be something else to explore both the highs and lows all in the same skate.

I guess that's why I like this version of Turandot-Nessun Dorma she skated too ... I like the contrast between the first part and Nessun Dorma which comes after.

And I also liked her Scheherazade more than most for the same reason.

was this not her last show?

I don't think so. It's her farewell from competitive skating and her last show this year, but there will probably be others in the future.

Btw until tomorrow she officially represents Republic of Korea, but that's the last day.