Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Nam Nguyen - the future of Canadian figure skating

Custom Title
    Nam had a big handicap going to Brian ie to get rid of bad technique from his former coach. Like others have said his movements are more 'there' now. I look forward to some exciting competitions in the future.

Custom Title
    Hurray!

The next double Olympic silver medalist !!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladola View Post
    Hurray!

The next double Olympic silver medalist !!
    Thats better than being a double nothing Olympian.....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    Thats better than being a double nothing Olympian.....
    Hey, I'll have you know i own 2 bronze medals, One in Gymnastics and one in karate !

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladola View Post
    Hey, I'll have you know i own 2 bronze medals, One in Gymnastics and one in karate !
    I wasnt referring to you..... are your medals Olympic medals? If so congratulations.

I took it that you were running Chiddy's attempt down. 2 Olympic Silvers and a huge body of work in the skating field is more than wha most of GS contributors own!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    with a badly Telegraphed 3A ? I dont think so
    Uh, tons of elite skaters/champions have or have had telegraphed 3As, particularly as juniors. A certain Daisuke Takahashi in 2002 had telegraphed axels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-lbt1Cwl3U

Brown is another example of a skater who has a long set up into his triple axel. Plushenko has had some long setups into his 3A.

Nam definitely deserves all the credit for putting together two excellent programs and winning World Juniors!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Uh, tons of elite skaters/champions have or have had telegraphed 3As, particularly as juniors. A certain Daisuke Takahashi in 2002 had telegraphed axels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-lbt1Cwl3U

Brown is another example of a skater who has a long set up into his triple axel. Plushenko has had some long setups into his 3A.

Nam definitely deserves all the credit for putting together two excellent programs and winning World Juniors!
    Hear, hear!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    Goddamn, Orser's pupils: Hanyu, Fernandez, Nguyen might be fighting it out amongst themselves for the podium in 2018.
    Brian Orser really needs to be commended. He's essentially becoming a male Tarasova (less furs though ), the Canadian champion-maker if you will.

It's very apparent that he is committed to teaching his pupils the right technique while also building all other aspects of their skating - not just the jumps.

Banned

the next Andrei Rogozin isn't something to be proud of
    though maybe Orser can help him improve

Custom Title
    the next Andrei Rogozin isn't something to be proud of
    though maybe Orser can help him improve
    What a (typically) ridiculous statement. Nguyen and Rogozine are completely different skaters.

Not to mention Rogozine has a difficult spread eagle entry into his triple axels - and is one of the few men in the world who can - so if you're trying to insult Nam by comparing his axel set-up to another skater's axel setup, Rogozine probably wasn't the right choice.

Banned
    What a (typically) ridiculous statement. Nguyen and Rogozine are completely different skaters.

Not to mention Rogozine has a difficult spread eagle entry into his triple axels, and is one of the few men in the world who can, so if you're trying to insult somebody's axel setup you could have picked a better example.
    Rogozine has bad jumps, not just his 3A, telegraphed, small, clunky jumps that makes Reynolds look like a World Champion

Custom Title
    Rogozine has bad jumps, not just his 3A, telegraphed, small, clunky jumps that makes Reynolds look like a World Champion
    I love how you try to insult Reynolds' jumps when he's one of the only skaters who is capable of doing a 4T and a 4S... while other skaters repeatedly "wipe the ice with their butt" (to use your eloquent words) on their 4S attempts.

Although, I suppose they are all Canadian, so you'll spew whatever crap you can fit into one post about them. Hah, so much so that you're actually insulting the current Junior World Champion. Yawwwwwwn. I'm guessing your ex must have been Canadian, wasn't he? Clearly, his loss.

Custom Title
    I love how you try to insult Reynolds' jumps when he's one of the only skaters who is capable of doing a 4T and a 4S... while other skaters repeatedly "wipe the ice with their butt" (to use your eloquent words) on their 4S attempts.

Although, I suppose they are all Canadian, so you'll spew whatever crap you can fit into one post about them. Hah, so much so that you're actually insulting the current Junior World Champion. Yawwwwwwn. I'm guessing your ex must have been Canadian, wasn't he? Clearly, his loss.
    bravo !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I like Nam.. I don't find him very exciting but I like him anyway. I'm not sure if he'll be ready for a medal in 2018 but I also said that about Hanyu for 2014 so you never know!
    Well Canada had better hope he is ready to atleast be a legit medal contender, even if he doesnt ultimately win one, so they have something to hype legitimately for the event. No way Chan is around in 2018, and while Reynolds might be I dont see an Olympic medal in his future (maybe a minor world medal at some point).

Custom Title

Way to go!

Or maybe the ex was beaten hollow by a Canadian!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast