Thread: Worlds better held before Olympics as a qualifier

Medalist

News Worlds better held before Olympics as a qualifier

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I think they are completely wrong. The Olympics draws in a new audience every 4 years and the Worlds after the Olympics gives them something else to watch before skating disappears until the Grand Prix series the next season. Plus, many people who didn't get to compete at the Olympics (or didn't do well at the Olympics) get to compete at the World Championships right after the Olympics. For the new audience who just watched the Olympics and want to see more, it's a great way to get introduced to those skaters who will likely still be competing in the coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    I think they are completely wrong. The Olympics draws in a new audience every 4 years and the Worlds after the Olympics gives them something else to watch before skating disappears until the Grand Prix series the next season. Plus, many people who didn't get to compete at the Olympics (or didn't do well at the Olympics) get to compete at the World Championships right after the Olympics. For the new audience who just watched the Olympics and want to see more, it's a great way to get introduced to those skaters who will likely still be competing in the coming years.

Besides that, by looking at Mao's picture in the article I could feel whoever will / won't attend, the skaters will do their all best at the competition. And this is the good part of this sport that a skater fights against herself, and not against other competitors in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Exactly!