Thread: Stars On Ice

Stars On Ice

Anyone planning on attending Stars On Ice this year? I purchased my tickets a few weeks ago and I'm so looking forward to attending since it will be my first show I've seen live in many years.

We're going to the Newark, NJ show on 4/9/14. We've been going every season since 1993, and can't wait for the tour to come reasonably close to our area.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I have never been to SOI. I am thinking about going to Providence though...

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    I would love to go! But....I'm just not sure it's going to be possible this year (sadly)... Grad. school and no really close locations just don't equal a home run.

I always think it's so neat to watch live though! I remember when I was younger my mom took me to see Michelle Kwan (+other skaters)... It was so cool! If you can go, I'm sure it'll be a great experience! Nothing beats in-person

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebeautiful View Post

I always think it's so neat to watch live though! I remember when I was younger my mom took me to see Michelle Kwan (+other skaters)... It was so cool! If you can go, I'm sure it'll be a great experience! Nothing beats in-person
    ITA about seeing the skaters in person. One correction, Michelle skated in Champions on Ice, not SOI (not trying to be nitpicky here).

Nothing like seeing them in person. My husband used to complain about my dragging him, until the first Olympian steps on the ice.....it was Alexei Yagudin who was magic.

So never miss a chance to see the greats in person! For the unitiated, seeing their speed alone is impressive.

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    ITA about seeing the skaters in person. One correction, Michelle skated in Champions on Ice, not SOI (not trying to be nitpicky here).
    Yeah, I knew it wasn't SOI. Sorry, I didn't specify...I knew it wasn't SOI, but wasn't sure which one it was, haha. I was really young when I went, haha.

But so agree, in person = so cool!

Custom Title
    I'm going to the San Jose show. Time was I wouldn't miss one but there were a few years in there where there wasn't anybody special I wanted to see. Once Kurt Browning started only skating the Canadian version and Alexei Yagudin wasn't skating, I kind of lost interest. The ticket prices went up significantly, too. But I want to see Jason live again!!! The show in San Jose is on Mother's Day and my family isn't happy.....oh well!!!!

Custom Title
    Will be in Portland, OR, in May. With my telelens and pro-DSLR.