"On Edge" | Golden Skate

"On Edge"

N

nthuz

At first I thought to put this in Le Cafe, but it does pertain to "the sport in general".

Has anyone seen this movie? There are cameos from Scott Hamilton, Tai and Randy, P. Carruthers, Natasha Kuchiki, Yamaguchi and others.

It is a "mockumentary" about Club level skating.

pick_chick

Rinkside
I have not seen the movie but I did come across it in the movie renatl place today and well I am not sure what to think?? let me know if any of you see it ?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I want to see it...

Steven Cousins plays a judge... and I think Scott has a fairly big part... and Jason Alexandar is a main character, correct?

N

nthuz

Of all the skaters, Scott Hamilton has the largest speaking role. He is really quite funny--ever the showman.

Yes, Jason Alexander plays "Zamboni Phil" the man at the rink who sees things--well--in an interesting light.

I think this movie would be most entertaining to someone familiar with Club level skating, although there are plenty of references to the sport in general that ring true.

pick_chick

Rinkside
well I saw the movie last night and it seemed like somthing missing it is very much like a film festival movie and well it was interesting and some parts not to fact and well it was ok but nothing to write home about

treeskater

Rinkside
I received mine in the mail from Amazon yesterday. It is a parody of typical personalities associated with skating at the local level and of high profile people of recent years. I especially enjoyed Zamboni Phil. I was impressed that 90% of the film was of skaters on the ice - and that they had so many different ones not only during practice but snippets of their competitive programs. There was one final Scott Hamilton after all the credits rolled at the end - so don't miss that!

It did not elicit any real belly laughs from me - and it all seemed so 'familiar.' But I am so glad that they finally got someone to market it and get it out to the skating public. It was a long time coming. It is a B- flick but those of us who participate can identify with it regardless.

Overall, it was enjoyable - far from being the greatest, but I have seen much worse. It is a keeper in my film library.