Page 83 of 119 FirstFirst ... 33 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1775

Thread: South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Check the bottom of Mr. Cinquanta's waste basket.
    Silly me. I thought these things were supposed to be a matter of public record.

My own waste basket(s) runneth over -- if Speedy's looks anything like mine, we're all in big trouble.

^ I deleted my comment because I didn't want to seem like I was dismissing your question. I, too, would be curious to know exactly what the final version of the protest said, whether Mr. Cinquanta pays any attention to it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ I deleted my comment because I didn't want to seem like I was dismissing your question. I, too, would be curious to know exactly what the final version of the protest said, whether Mr. Cinquanta pays any attention to it or not.
    Shoot, that's incredibly nice of you but I didn't feel in the least bit dismissed! Seems to me you were just being realistic.

Custom Title
    Hey, we even have the official site for this

Not like Yuna herself, fans will never let it go

http://www.sochiscandal.com/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyenghita View Post

I hope Yuna is better off and enjoying her life.

Quote Originally Posted by mich2 View Post
    I hope Yuna is better off and enjoying her life.
    oh she is..

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna K. View Post
    True, and this is also normal for sports officials to receive criticism for making friends with politicians who have discredited themselves in one or another way.
    [Which causes several pages long discussion: has Putin discredited himself or not? ]
    Sorry, I'm not sure I understand this right. The question is because it's Putin or any official sitting next to the Head of state?

Quote Originally Posted by sk8in View Post
    Football is not the same thing because it is not an individual sport. There will always be two teams each representing one nation in a World Cup game, not one competitor for each nation. Again, this is the Olympics, this is figure skating, and this is Putin. It is not the same as every other sport.
    If the question is a head of state sitting next to the officials, I fail to see the difference between an individual or team sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    If the question is a head of state sitting next to the officials, I fail to see the difference between an individual or team sport.
    Same here. Aside from that, a head of state sitting next to officials, especially at an international event like the Olys, shouldn't raise issues in and of itself. It would be different if someone produced credible/documented evidence of other wrongdoing but without that, the seating is just ordinary political window-dressing.

Whether or not Putin has discredited himself is a matter of opinion -- and I'm not going anywhere near that one!

Banned
    In an individual sport every nation has a theoretical chance of winning. In a team sport only one of two nations may win. How difficult is that to understand? If a hockey game is in Canada and the teams are French and German there is no inherent conflict of interest in the Canadian Prime Minister sitting next to the referee or the head of hockey---where as there would be if it were figure skating and Joannie Rochette was suddenly getting world record scores.

Molehill.

Banned
    It is impossible to say how much if any significance there is to Putin (or any world leader of a hosting country) sitting next to Ottavio, however in this context, it looks bad. Again, it isn't just a matter of team vs individual---there a culmative factors that make it look rediculously thoughtless. And dismissing it as something that 'happens in every sport' like as though figure skating is the same thing as the NFL or something, is just as bad as the most outlandish conspiracy theory.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8in View Post
    It is impossible to say how much if any significance there is to Putin (or any world leader of a hosting country) sitting next to Ottavio.
    No significance at all. Cinquenta, an Italian, also had a "horse in the game" who skated well enough that, had she won gold, only Yuna fans would have been in an uproar. If he were in a powerful enough position to promote anyone it would be Caro. One is a world leader and the other is the head of a sports federation; I'm sure they sat together because they are fascinating people with a lot to talk about.

Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyenghita View Post

Not like figure skating officials, fans find this scandal too good to waste

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Sorry, I'm not sure I understand this right. The question is because it's Putin or any official sitting next to the Head of state?

Don't see any or/or here since Putin is also a Head of State.

Banned
    For you figure skating historians out there ....

Sonja Henie was a personal favorite of Hitler's, they socialized off the ice together when she was in Germany, she greeted him with the Nazi salute, and he almost certainly helped her win her 3rd and final OGM in 1936 when the Olympics were held in Nazi Germany. During the War, Germany invaded and occupied Norway, and while most if not nearly all wealthy Norwegian estates were looted by the soldiers, none of Sonja Henie's properties were touched, on personal orders of Hitler and the SS.

So, it's not completely out of bounds to talk about some of the things posters have mentioned here.

Tripping on the Podium
    so, what's the update? have they started investigating?

Page 83 of 119 FirstFirst ... 33 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast