Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    If an extraordinary situation is uncovered its not impossible that a result would be to formally disqualify sotnikova and her medal given to Yuna. That's what they want to happen. A formal asterisk next to sotnikovas name at least is what they are after.
    weeeel in salt lake city they didn't go that far did they? and why you have to whine even before we get to know if the complaint is accepted? I wouldn't say that isu is really prone to go back on its decision...

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    The worst part is the bigger this gets the more it attaches itself to Yuna's legacy. In that regard I can see why she wanted to move on. In an ideal world this would only be a stain on the ISU but the truth is in 20 years from now this might be the FIRST thing people think when they hear the name Kim Yuna. That would be a real shame.

If she is to be martyred for the sake of the sport I hope we see some significant changes that are positive and not just a scandal that goes nowhere and serves to only damage the sport. I'm hoping for the best.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jace93 View Post
    weeeel in salt lake city they didn't go that far did they? and why you have to whine even before we get to know if the complaint is accepted? I wouldn't say that isu is really prone to go back on its decision...
    In slc the French score was removed from the top 2's score so that created a tie and thy decided to give two golds because a tie was created. Here people are trying to invalidate the scores of more than one Judge and maybe the technical panel. The result is that only sotnikovas score is being attacked and trying to be eliminated from the results. So sotnikova with a score eliminated is going to keep gold?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    The worst part is the bigger this gets the more it attaches itself to Yuna's legacy. In that regard I can see why she wanted to move on. In an ideal world this would only be a stain on the ISU but the truth is in 20 years from now this might be the FIRST thing people think when they hear the name Kim Yuna. That would be a real shame.

If she is to be martyred for the sake of the sport I hope we see some significant changes that are positive and not just a scandal that goes nowhere and serves to only damage the sport. I'm hoping for the best.
    No, it doesn't. Yuna handles herself like a woman with poise in just about everything she does, including in this case. Your little girl Julia was just that an immature little girl falling all over the ice. That will be her legacy.

On the Ice
    If an extraordinary situation is uncovered its not impossible that a result would be to formally disqualify sotnikova and her medal given to Yuna. That's what they want to happen. A formal asterisk next to sotnikovas name at least is what they are after.
    Calm down. No one is trying to take a gold medal away from Adelina. How could anyone disqualify her score and not others where the same set of judges were involved? This is not about Adelina.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    No, it doesn't. Yuna handles herself like a woman with poise in just about everything she does, including in this case. Your little girl Julia was just that an immature little girl falling all over the ice. That will be her legacy.
    You can't control how people think and what they associate with Yuna's legacy. Just like I can't with Yulia. I do know something about human nature and people usually find the most topical reasons to remember someone. Often what they read or watch in the news. Obviously you and I and most people on this forum won't think of a scandal on first thought of Yuna but the truth is the general public remembers bits and pieces of this sport and almost entirely thru the lens of the Olympics.

My point isn't a slight on Yuna in the least. I have nothing but respect for her and often look to her as an example of strength thru kindness and respect. Not sure why you feel the need to insult other skaters in this situation.

Custom Title
    IMO, the technical panel is just as suspect as the judging panel, if not more so.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmetry View Post
    Calm down. No one is trying to take a gold medal away from Adelina. How could anyone disqualify her score and not others where the same set of judges were involved? This is not about Adelina.
    Of course this whole thing is about taking the gold away from Adelina and giving it to Yuna. The whole point is to prove the judges have illegimate scores to Adelina and her only and then take away her gold.

Custom Title
    Getting gold to Yuna Kim and stripping Adelina of her medal and disqualifying her needs proof of wrongdoing.
    Another instigator's propagana. Please read the rules cited above.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    IMO, the technical panel is just as suspect as the judging panel, if not more so.
    Yep, but really it indicates systemic cheating throughout the ISU that isn't just limited to one judge or caller or one part of the scoring system.

At this point the ISU has no credibility for investigating itself and any inquiry should be conducted by an independent third party.

Custom Title
    A whistleblower's fax about Lakernik's remark, "the whole issue of judging secrecy reflected in Communication 1197 was now exclusively a "political" matter."

http://www.frogsonice.com/skateweb/a...k-letter.shtml

Custom Title
    They want the panel discredited so sotnikova's gold is taken Away and given for Yuna Kim. They want sotnikova score erased.
    Oh yes. This is Gracie Gold's chance for olympic ladies bronze medal then.

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    It doesn't appear they are suggesting wrongdoing, but rather that they didn't like the composition of the judging panel.
    That is an excellent point. If we could address that issue first, this whole exercise would be of value. Once the tech and judging panels were seated, evidently the game was over.

At 2002 Worlds, I remeber Dick Button commenting before the skating began that "with this panel of judges it will not be possible for Michelle Kwan to place ahead of Irina Slutskaya no matter the skating." I think that is the main problem that the ISU must tackle. The outcome is determined more by the judges than by the skaters.

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Of course this whole thing is about taking the gold away from Adelina and giving it to Yuna. The whole point is to prove the judges have illegimate scores to Adelina and her only and then take away her gold.
    Get a grip. They wouldn't take away Adelina's gold unless she was actually involved in wrongdoing and somehow actually colluded w/ the judges or something. No one is alleging anything like that. A more likely scenario is for a 2nd gold to be awarded, as happened in SLC pairs event in 2002.

Banned
    If particular judges are intent on disregarding scoring rules, then the makeup of the judging and tech panels should come into question. It calls into question all results, if some judges or tech callers willfully and systematically committed fraud according to pre-determined political deals.

Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast