Page 64 of 119 FirstFirst ... 14 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 114 ... LastLast

Thread: South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    ^Agree. Where is this thread going?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    ^but if in your hypothetical Mao and Caro skate well first...it's entirely possible that the judges may in fact hand out lower scores for the skaters that follow if they themselves don't "raise their game". I'm a fan of Yuna who actually thought going in she would win hands down. Disappointed is too strong of a word but I'm not afraid to say I was underwhelmed by her "effort". It just seemed too nonchalant to me. It's just my opinion so take it as that. I am probably holding her to her 2013 WC's level which isn't fair I'll admit too. I think Adelina and Caro out performed her in Sochi. When it comes to understated elegance and beauty it goes to Yuna hands down. I guess I'm just not up in arms because I honestly think Yuna was over the Olympics before she ever got to Sochi. I honestly see nothing wrong with awarding what at least looked like more effort the gold medal. It maybe and probably wasn't more effort or even better but it appeared to me at least that Yuna had checked out in a way and was sort just running thru the motions(however beautiful they were) Again it's just my opinion and I can still see three distinct victory stories and none would ever hold up in a court of law.
    You can't award points based on psychoanalysis. Sorry but this whole post is pure nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8in View Post
    You can't award points based on psychoanalysis. Sorry but this whole post is pure nonsense.
    It's an opinion. At least I'm willing to admit mine is opinion and not absolute truth.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyskates View Post
    You are the one spouting BS as a clean program means that most or all of the technical elements were performed properly without clear mistakes, so of course GOEs on the whole go up as the TES all add up. A program without a fall (i.e. clean program) is a program with higher GOEs than one with falls. A fall not only has a -1, it also receives LOWER GOE.
    I don't know how to say this any other way. You can skate clean and receive 0 GOE because it is based on execution of individual elements. If you perform all triple axles and get 0 GOE, your score might be lower than someone who gets all +3 GOEs on salchows.

Banned
    It's an opinion. At least I'm willing to admit mine is opinion and not absolute truth.
    Its an opinion of Yuna's "effort" and state of mind, which are not criteria under the scoring system.

Its an opinion of Yuna's "effort" and state of mind, which are not criteria under the scoring system.
    The judges have opinions. They are not robots with sensors and microchips.

Banned
    Exactly. And they should be forming those opinions based on the CoP's criteria---not national politics, skating order, the home crowd, "olympic moments", who 'peaked' when, fatigue towards a skater's style, or their projections onto a skater's state of mind.

Exactly. And they should be forming those opinions based on the CoP's criteria---not national politics, skating order, the home crowd, "olympic moments", who 'peaked' when, skater fatigue, or their projections onto a skater's state of mind.
    It brings to mind John Lennon and his song "Imagine". As ironic as that is.

This is worth the watch!!!
    http://youtu.be/dlYyI0VHUZs

Custom Title
    The judges have opinions. They are not robots with sensors and microchips.
    But they should have caught those under-rotations and wrong edges with those instant slow video system provided. It's questionable because even we can recognize those, but I wonder why judges didn't.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cuon_alpinus View Post
    But they should have caught those under-rotations and wrong edges with those instant slow video system provided. It's questionable because even we can recognize those, but I wonder why judges didn't.
    It's obvious why the judges didn't notice it -- because the competition was rigged. It made no difference what the skaters did. Even Lipnitskaia (a 15 year old junior with no acclaim a month before Sochi) fell all over herself for two days and still earned a score high enough for the bronze at last Olympics. If she hadn't fallen down she probably would have scored over 230 herself.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    It's obvious why the judges didn't notice it -- because the competition was rigged. It made no difference what the skaters did. Even Lipnitskaia (a 15 year old junior with no acclaim a month before Sochi) fell all over herself for two days and still earned a score high enough for the bronze at last Olympics. If she hadn't fallen down she probably would have scored over 230 herself.
    , lol your back ?
    I thought you were gone for good along with the rest Yunabots

FYI, Julia turned senior in 2012-13 season
    won 2 GP, made silver at the GPF, was the European Champion before Sochi
    get your facts right instead of spewing the same repetitive mouthpiece

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    , lol your back ?
    I thought you were gone for good along with the rest Yunabots

FYI, Julia turned senior in 2012-13 season
    won 2 GP, made silver at the GPF, was the European Champion before Sochi
    get your facts right instead of spewing the same repetitive mouthpiece
    LOL I can't believe that you're still here. Now everyone knows about you You should get over with your inferiority over Yuna.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    Yes far too much money was invested by the Russians in the event to event start to judge skating. That would have been a big no no. The judges probably came with their score sheets already done, making corrections only in case of huge and unquestioned miscues (eg- a fall). Must have been an easy night for them, they could have dozed off during the competition and only had a bell signal for falls.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cuon_alpinus View Post
    LOL I can't believe that you're still here. Now everyone knows about you You should get over with your inferiority over Yuna.
    I don't understand why a bot would still be here
    when their so called queen has already retired, I mean whats the purpose ?

I recall the user Ven particularly making a smear campaign against Julia after her win at Euros along with another it was a user called Yuki I think
    as probably was deemed a high threat for the Yunabots

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Yes far too much money was invested by the Russians in the event to event start to judge skating. That would have been a big no no. The judges probably came with their score sheets already done, making corrections only in case of huge and unquestioned miscues (eg- a fall). Must have been an easy night for them, they could have dozed off during the competition and only had a bell signal for falls.
    Proof?

Page 64 of 119 FirstFirst ... 14 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 114 ... LastLast