Page 84 of 119 FirstFirst ... 34 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1775

Thread: South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

Tripping on the Podium
    Thanks for that interesting info!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    For you figure skating historians out there ....

Sonja Henie was a personal favorite of Hitler's, they socialized off the ice together when she was in Germany, she greeted him with the Nazi salute, and he almost certainly helped her win her 3rd and final OGM in 1936 when the Olympics were held in Nazi Germany. During the War, Germany invaded and occupied Norway, and while most if not nearly all wealthy Norwegian estates were looted by the soldiers, none of Sonja Henie's properties were touched, on personal orders of Hitler and the SS.

So, it's not completely out of bounds to talk about some of the things posters have mentioned here.

Custom Title
    Korean fans set up screen door advertising at public places like subway station. They are going to promote their official website.

www.sochiscandal.com/

Before this, they had already done many projects to forced Korea official. If not because of their endless effort, Korea union never dare to do anything for Yuna's sake.

The top banner says: "Even on this day, February 21st, 2014, the Sochi Olympics aren't over yet."

http://i.imgur.com/21mELro.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/k50RvC8.jpg

Custom Title
    good luck!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by samkrut@mail.ru View Post
    good luck!
    I think we don't need the luck The purpose of these things isn't to get the gold back or anything close to that right now. Frankly it's too late. Just make the public and general fans know and remember this scandal as long as we can, the more competition lost its credit from public, the medal got less meaning

That's so tacky, but typical tbh...I wonder if they are even supposed to use her image so freely like that without her explicit consent.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Unite View Post
    That's so tacky, but typical tbh...I wonder if they are even supposed to use her image so freely like that without her explicit consent.
    Well, they use media photos for a fan project so totally fine. Fans always use her images for their public projects to show their love and support.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyenghita View Post
    Korean fans set up screen door advertising at public places like subway station. They are going to promote their official website.

www.sochiscandal.com/

Before this, they had already done many projects to forced Korea official. If not because of their endless effort, Korea union never dare to do anything for Yuna's sake.

The top banner says: "Even on this day, February 21st, 2014, the Sochi Olympics aren't over yet."

http://i.imgur.com/21mELro.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/k50RvC8.jpg
    Seriously?

Get a life!

She LOST. That happens, you know, even to your precious Yuna. Adelina skated great. Yuna wasn't as good. Adelina has the gold for a reason - are you going to go up to her face and demand it back?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Seriously?

Get a life!
    You seem mad, lol

Do you think all kind of projects are free? Their (a lot of) money for god sake, so they totally have successful real-life of course. They use their money as well as talented to support their idol. So what's wrong? Any skater just dream of they had wonderful, loyal, dedicated fans like Yuna's.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyenghita View Post
    Any skater just dream of they had wonderful, loyal, dedicated fans like Yuna's.
    How about we substitute insane, stalkerish, obsessed, narrow-minded fans...? That sounds more about it.

It's over. Maybe if Yuna had put as much effort into upgrading her tech as her fans put into these crazy schemes there wouldn't BE a "scandal", because she's always been so overscored that she'd have won without question. But at the end of the day, she didn't put in the tech effort, her performances were lifeless, and she LOST to a girl who brought the tech AND the performance on the night.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    How about we substitute insane, stalkerish, obsessed, narrow-minded fans...? That sounds more about it.

It's over. Maybe if Yuna had put as much effort into upgrading her tech as her fans put into these crazy schemes there wouldn't BE a "scandal", because she's always been so overscored that she'd have won without question. But at the end of the day, she didn't put in the tech effort, her performances were lifeless, and she LOST to a girl who brought the tech AND the performance on the night.
    Korean fans are really kind of obsessed, healthy-obsessed. It's a good thing for her superstar status.

"Scandal"? It's the scandal! You must live under rock for months to not see the scandal all over the place. If this is not the scandal, how the real scandal should look like? Whatever you said, there are millions people against the result, that's a very good number of people so anyway. Yuna lost? Well no, she won more than the gold medal in fact. I don't care that much about the result as you may thought I do. It's over for you as well as for me. I'm so excited to see more things our fandom could do for Yuna though. This is just a small thing in all.

Banned
    super star obsessed or more like bots and machines ?

anyways this thread has turned into disgruntled rabid fans
    Yuna lost, get over it, thanks goodness she retired so we won't hear this thing over and over again

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    super star obsessed or more like bots and machines ?

anyways this thread has turned into disgruntled rabid fans
    Yuna lost, get over it, thanks goodness she retired so we won't hear this thing over and over again
    watch when she comes back.. just to haunt you.. especially south korea will host the next olympics..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    like bots and machines ?
    you must buy a new and very clear mirror

I just wish all this energy could be turned to good. It seems like the goal is just to hold Sotnikova up to ridicule. Celebrating Yuna is better than tearing down someone else.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I just wish all this energy could be turned to good. It seems like the goal is just to hold Sotnikova up to ridicule. Celebrating Yuna is better than tearing down someone else.
    I feel you. It may good in some ways, not-so-good in some other ways, but it definitely better than do nothing. And what they are doing is not anything as bad as the directly insulting Adelina before, they didn't even mention any skater's name.

Someone already let it go, but it's an Olympic after all, the event we usually talk about in decades, so that's totally fine if with many people, these things are just like yesterday.

Page 84 of 119 FirstFirst ... 34 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast