Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119
Results 1,771 to 1,775 of 1775

Thread: South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    It's one thing to argue coherently for your stance, it's another to throw out wildly exaggerated claims.

The media outlets that questioned the results and reported on the suspicions of fraudulent judging included (off the top of my head): CNN, NYTimes (yes, there was an article other than the jumps comparison), the Atlantic, Yahoo, Vanity Fair, New Yorker, USA Today, ESPN, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, the Chicago Tribune, Slate, LATimes. That's covers just about all the major news outlets in the United States and together, reaches nearly all of the U.S population. Add to that several of the most popular skater blogs (The Skating Lesson being one) voiced dissent with the results, and the majority of the commentators (who aren't Korean judging by their grasp of the English grammar) agreed with the dissent. Outside of the US: International Business Times, France's L'Equippe, China's Xinhua, Japan's JapanTimes, the German newspapers, Britain's BBC, which are all national newspapers.

Most of these newspapers didn't tiptoe around the issue. ESPN's headline was "Russian Homecooking", and JapanTimes was "Judges steals Kim's gold and hands it to Sotnikova!". So I'm not sure where you're getting your grandiose claim of "ALMOST ALL the world's mainstream press concurred with the results". What is your statistical notion of "majority of mainstream opinion"? 2?%?
    Now all of them are writing the comlaint got dismissed, Adelina is the winner. They were and they are doing media work. Yuna fans keeps embarrassing her with silly math cheat. But its their problem. Not a news anymore.

skating philosopher
    As someone who has no skin in the game, I believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle between the two sides RE: public opinion.

There were media outlets and skaters who did not agree with the result. We saw that play out in real time on Twitter and other social media outlets. However, those same skaters and media outlets also could understand how/why she won. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive.

The fact is that media outlets have other assignments and stories to do. There wasn't anything worth investigating with the scoring and there are other stories/deadlines to tackle. THAT said, it's not unusual for reporters (if they are so inclined) to go back and investigate something and for things to come in the open months and years later. Not saying that is necessarily the case here, but I've seen it happen regarding other sports scandals/incidents.

On the Ice
    All the cheaters conspirators need to consider the SP judging as well. There were different judges in the two events, and in BOTH, they gave Adelina very high marks.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    There were media outlets and skaters who did not agree with the result. We saw that play out in real time on Twitter and other social media outlets. However, those same skaters and media outlets also could understand how/why she won. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive.
    This video, from an AP writer who thought Yuna (or perhaps Caro) should have won, seems to reflect this sentiment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMrWWYHgtHs

While I don't agree with much of what he says, I do understand and respect his viewpoint.

Custom Title
    S Korea won't appeal to the CAS
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000047-dal-spo

case closed

This is a good timing.
    Most of the S Koreans must have football on their minds.

Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119