South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging | Page 48 | Golden Skate

South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

Jewels

On the Ice
I dont know why you think this does yuna look better. She is accusing a few skaters, she is not saying names, so anyone could be included. It doesnt matter if she is speaking about japaneses or not. She is not talking just about feel uncomfortable, she could to feel unconfortable because she had cold, she was sick but not, she was uncomfortable because some skater was in her way, why the need of mentionating if she has not prove that it was on purpose. Even if this was not an accident of the other skater, I doubt that Is the first time that happens. I can imagine what you would be saying if Adelina would be saying something like that.

I didn't say Yuna looks better by that comment. Rubirosa seemed to think that Yuna had kept picking on the Japanese skaters(especially Mao for being her rival) on purpose so I was explaining that she didn't. Anyway, I can see your point too. But she didn't say that some skaters were crossing on her way, she said that she felt pressured(?I can't really explain this word in English sorry), and this interview was really short with Yuna's answer just in the video(I couldn't find what the question was, probably not included), so it was a bit hard to catch 100% what she was saying. Yuna have said that there is uncomfortable atmosphere before the competition usually, so she could have meant that getting bit worse than before. If I have one complaint, it's the Yuna's management company, they just let the problem grow without explaining her words clearly, and quickly.
So, anyway, I've never seen her saying disrespectful things directly or blaminng a particular country or a skater, and this incident IMO, grew big with 'yeah someone said'-all the accurate facts they had were her three sentences. The thing I wrote between () wasn't in the video as well, just picked out from her management company's explanation. So judging whether she had unclassy manner or not based on that isn't really appropriate I think.

CarneAsada

Medalist
Well the group of "Japanese skaters" in question happens to include Suguri, who is well known for having a poor personality, being a diva, and for intentionally obstructing the warmups of other Japanese skaters as well (generally happened at JNats when she was concerned she might not make it to Worlds). If I wanted to put on my tinfoil hat and post a blog on dcinside or whatever that place is called, then I would say that she was a sacrificial lamb to obstruct Kim because Suguri was never winning anything anyway by that point, so if she got injured messing with Kim (don't underestimate Kim's speed through her 3F-3T, it was even bigger than her 3Lz-3T so that would be a real risk to Suguri's health), then Japan doesn't lose any medals! And it can just be chalked up to Suguri being Suguri.

The whole thing was quite stupid and Rochette thought so too, as I think she commented that in a warm-up with 6 other skaters, there is bound to be someone close to you who might mess up one of your jump setups. We saw Yuna in her Sochi SP rolling her eyes because someone was near her every time she wanted to practice a jump.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Actually, the Japanese people are just being polite that's why they didn't bash her or were hostile to her like what the Russians in Sochi Oly did to Yuna and the others.

That's not true. I was there in Iceberg - no Russian spectators were hostile to anyone. 99% of them did not know a single name before Olympics. 90% (including myself) came to see Yulia after the team event. The only point which could be taken is Ra-ssi-ya Ra-ssi-ya. It was annoying indeed but again it had nothing to do with skaters per se. Since the Soviet years it has been cultivated here that Olympics is first of all the competition among the countries for the medal score. After the disaster in Vancouver and with the insecurity about Sochi what the Russian spectators cared of was the success of home country sportsmen, any, including Vic Wild and Victor An.

yunaddiction

Rinkside
I dont know why you think this does yuna look better. She is accusing a few skaters, she is not saying names, so anyone could be included. It doesnt matter if she is speaking about japaneses or not. She is not talking just about feel uncomfortable, she could to feel unconfortable because she had cold, she was sick but not, she was uncomfortable because some skater was in her way, why the need of mentionating if she has not prove that it was on purpose. Even if this was not an accident of the other skater, I doubt that Is the first time that happens. I can imagine what you would be saying if Adelina would be saying something like that.

Why should she shut up and try to prove anything first when she felt uncomfortable with any reason.
She could say anyting if it could enhance the environment of her warm-up.
And she was clever enough not to specify names of the interfering skaters and their country.
When I saw the video they looked quite intentional and what Yuna had to do is not to prove it but make them stop doing it.
And yes, it worked.

cooper

Medalist
:laugh: @ this thread is going.. the title of this thread is "South Korea Filing Official Complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic Silver".. ISU already received the complaint.. now let's move on and wait whatever decision that will be... including the usa fed's proposal to get rid of anonymous judging.. or whether speedy is going around the media make an as* of himself..

sk8in

Match Penalty
^but if in your hypothetical Mao and Caro skate well first...it's entirely possible that the judges may in fact hand out lower scores for the skaters that follow if they themselves don't "raise their game". I'm a fan of Yuna who actually thought going in she would win hands down. Disappointed is too strong of a word but I'm not afraid to say I was underwhelmed by her "effort". It just seemed too nonchalant to me. It's just my opinion so take it as that. I am probably holding her to her 2013 WC's level which isn't fair I'll admit too. I think Adelina and Caro out performed her in Sochi. When it comes to understated elegance and beauty it goes to Yuna hands down. I guess I'm just not up in arms because I honestly think Yuna was over the Olympics before she ever got to Sochi. I honestly see nothing wrong with awarding what at least looked like more effort the gold medal. It maybe and probably wasn't more effort or even better but it appeared to me at least that Yuna had checked out in a way and was sort just running thru the motions(however beautiful they were) Again it's just my opinion and I can still see three distinct victory stories and none would ever hold up in a court of law.
You can't award points based on psychoanalysis. Sorry but this whole post is pure nonsense.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You can't award points based on psychoanalysis. Sorry but this whole post is pure nonsense.
It's an opinion. At least I'm willing to admit mine is opinion and not absolute truth.

sk8in

Match Penalty
You are the one spouting BS as a clean program means that most or all of the technical elements were performed properly without clear mistakes, so of course GOEs on the whole go up as the TES all add up. A program without a fall (i.e. clean program) is a program with higher GOEs than one with falls. A fall not only has a -1, it also receives LOWER GOE. :rolleye:
I don't know how to say this any other way. You can skate clean and receive 0 GOE because it is based on execution of individual elements. If you perform all triple axles and get 0 GOE, your score might be lower than someone who gets all +3 GOEs on salchows.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Its an opinion of Yuna's "effort" and state of mind, which are not criteria under the scoring system.

The judges have opinions. They are not robots with sensors and microchips.

sk8in

Match Penalty
Exactly. And they should be forming those opinions based on the CoP's criteria---not national politics, skating order, the home crowd, "olympic moments", who 'peaked' when, fatigue towards a skater's style, or their projections onto a skater's state of mind.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Exactly. And they should be forming those opinions based on the CoP's criteria---not national politics, skating order, the home crowd, "olympic moments", who 'peaked' when, skater fatigue, or their projections onto a skater's state of mind.

It brings to mind John Lennon and his song "Imagine". As ironic as that is.

This is worth the watch!!!
http://youtu.be/dlYyI0VHUZs

cuon_alpinus

On the Ice
The judges have opinions. They are not robots with sensors and microchips.

But they should have caught those under-rotations and wrong edges with those instant slow video system provided. It's questionable because even we can recognize those, but I wonder why judges didn't.

Ven

Match Penalty
But they should have caught those under-rotations and wrong edges with those instant slow video system provided. It's questionable because even we can recognize those, but I wonder why judges didn't.

It's obvious why the judges didn't notice it -- because the competition was rigged. It made no difference what the skaters did. Even Lipnitskaia (a 15 year old junior with no acclaim a month before Sochi) fell all over herself for two days and still earned a score high enough for the bronze at last Olympics. If she hadn't fallen down she probably would have scored over 230 herself.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
It's obvious why the judges didn't notice it -- because the competition was rigged. It made no difference what the skaters did. Even Lipnitskaia (a 15 year old junior with no acclaim a month before Sochi) fell all over herself for two days and still earned a score high enough for the bronze at last Olympics. If she hadn't fallen down she probably would have scored over 230 herself.

:unsure:, lol your back ?
I thought you were gone for good along with the rest Yuna fans

FYI, Julia turned senior in 2012-13 season
won 2 GP, made silver at the GPF, was the European Champion before Sochi
get your facts right instead of spewing the same repetitive mouthpiece

cuon_alpinus

On the Ice
:unsure:, lol your back ?
I thought you were gone for good along with the rest Yuna fans

FYI, Julia turned senior in 2012-13 season
won 2 GP, made silver at the GPF, was the European Champion before Sochi
get your facts right instead of spewing the same repetitive mouthpiece

LOL I can't believe that you're still here. Now everyone knows about you :laugh: You should get over with your inferiority over Yuna.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty

Yes far too much money was invested by the Russians in the event to event start to judge skating. That would have been a big no no. The judges probably came with their score sheets already done, making corrections only in case of huge and unquestioned miscues (eg- a fall). Must have been an easy night for them, they could have dozed off during the competition and only had a bell signal for falls.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
LOL I can't believe that you're still here. Now everyone knows about you :laugh: You should get over with your inferiority over Yuna.

I don't understand why a bot would still be here
when their so called queen has already retired, I mean whats the purpose ? :scowl:

I recall the user Ven particularly making a smear campaign against Julia after her win at Euros along with another it was a user called Yuki I think
as probably was deemed a high threat for the Yuna fans

qwertyskates

Medalist
Yes far too much money was invested by the Russians in the event to event start to judge skating. That would have been a big no no. The judges probably came with their score sheets already done, making corrections only in case of huge and unquestioned miscues (eg- a fall). Must have been an easy night for them, they could have dozed off during the competition and only had a bell signal for falls.

Proof? :rolleye: